once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast

Thread: Poker Discussion

Urban's, Gigy's, Queen's, Roze's wildest dreams

I always bet when I flop top pair or a set or full house or anything...ok I win small pots sometimes but it also gives the impression I play loose...bet almost any flop and in the long run I can win more money.

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
    New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
    The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved

Quote Originally Posted by Weak View Post
    Any idea for an initial stratagem on this limit game?

I flop top pair on early position, I check towards mid, they place a bet, but due to my unusual discretion, I don't normally believe I will have the winning hand throughout the board.

What can I infer from the initial better? Would it make a good choice to check-raise, or better off calling? What about during late position, same situation?

Thanks.
    In this scenario, I like to hang around and not raise, check calling would be your best bet, I'm not usually raising in limit unless i have top 2 or better.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

My dilemma is that I am currently unemployed, and I am trying to build a bankroll through limit poker which is like a crapshoot for me. 1-2 limit is by far, the worst game to ever play. I hate the game, and I hate the players; But it's the only way of building a bankroll. I want to ditch 1-2 limit as soon as possible, but what should my bankroll be if I upgrade to 2-5 limit? And any advice/strategy you have if you have limited funds and are unable to go in the NL tables? thanks.

Weakness - The fundemental aspect in all of human existance.

Nevermind, today was the last straw... You can't ever win playing limit hold 'em

Weakness - The fundemental aspect in all of human existance.

I was actually gonna say that ^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Weak View Post
    Nevermind, today was the last straw... You can't ever win playing limit hold 'em
    Not if you're playing low stake tournaments / tables due to the terrible random card generator. It gets better when you play higher stakes

Where do you lot play online anyway? Pokerstars?

Default I think all people named "Phil' are good poker players

Phil Ivey
    Phil Helmuth
    Phill Laak
    Phil Gordon

lmao wtf??

LOL^^^

Importer/Exporter/Prophet Artsdradamus's Avatar

i knew an amateur named phil that was really good at poker

Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar

I don't believe that anybody is really "good" at poker. It is at least 80 percent luck.
    --youreallfags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

Quote Originally Posted by LadiesLoveCoolDan View Post
    I don't believe that anybody is really "good" at poker. It is at least 80 percent luck.
    There's actually a lot of skill required. You have to have good judgement skills, you have to know about the person(s) you're playing (how they play). Ever saw that World Series of Poker commercial where it says what the players think in their mind?

LOL^^^

I am familiar with the theories, but i think that ultimately, the biggest deciding factor is whether or not you get good cards.
    --youreallfags.

^never played poker

Quote Originally Posted by LadiesLoveCoolDan View Post
    I am familiar with the theories, but i think that ultimately, the biggest deciding factor is whether or not you get good cards.
    And that's where bluffing comes in.

LOL^^^

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    ^never played poker
    ahahahaha

Everytime I say this, somebody gets upset and says "YOU NEVER PLAYED POKER!! YOU DON'T GET IT!! THERE'S ALL KINDS OF SKILL INVOLVED!!"

Why do poker fags get so defensive about it?

Also, this doesn't belong in the Sports Zone. Poker is not a sport.

YOU FAGS DON'T GET IT!!! I'M AWESOME AT GO FISH!!!!! IT TAKES SKILL. SHOW SOME RESPCT.

I AM THE MAN AT CANDYLAND!!!! YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED CANDYLAND BEFORE IF YOU DON'T THINK IT TAKES SKILL!!!!
    --youreallfags.

Its not luck at all really. Theres some luck. But over a stretch luck doesnt come into it.

Anyone who plays poker with some buddies occasionally, i used to play every week in the back of my bar, and the same people would end up winning, everytime. Because they were the best at it. Not because they were the most lucky.

The best players mathematically work out all the percentages of likely hands, to give them more likelyhood of winning.