once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast

Thread: Poker Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG View Post
    Im "Prolifical" on PS.....yeah I made my account years ago.

The one I watched you placed 4th while some dude with a cactus avatar started sucking out near the end.
    I'll send you $12, that will be enough for 10 27 player $1.20 sngs, I recommend those for you to start off. that cash was my only one so far today....when I get back from break I'll play in those with you. hit u later...Richmond hill your town?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

hello? I really have to go here....are u from richmond hill? is that your town listing?
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

I guess you'll just have to wait

Veteran Member mic-cord-strangler's Avatar

that "phil helmuth style of playing" of limping and checkcalling is terrible advice . not to be a dick, but people read this and find QTo utg and go "oh thats a nice looking hand! i call!".. so they limp utg, someone behind them raises and they go "ohh i will let him do the betting for me, HAH!"... limping then calling a raise out of position. this is exactly how donks lose their money!!

just play like a TAG (tight aggressive) raise and bet good hands and dont even get involved w crappy hands or when youre out of position. dont open limp for gods sake.

other than that sounds ok. except when your in the money or on the bubble in SNGs youre better off raising to like 2.5 big blinds or even less, just over a minraise, will have the same effect as 3x but will save you money if you dont win the hand. also, sticking to a standard continuation bet size isnt optimal.
    Last edited by mic-cord-strangler; 05-17-2009 at 07:00 AM.
    1st king

Sorry brock I had to go last night, that is my town listing.

Mic Cord, that Hellmuth style isnt that good, but in freerolls and lower limit tourneys it works and think thats what was meant...not QTo UTG though. In tourneys where the buy-in is $10+ it fails completely and players will pick up on it fast.

why is a dude who never plays tournaments trying to tell people which style to play? Stick to the things you know about. What you described is not Hellmuth style, it's douchebag ATM style.
    Last edited by beautifulcock; 05-17-2009 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG View Post
    Sorry brock I had to go last night, that is my town listing.

Mic Cord, that Hellmuth style isnt that good, but in freerolls and lower limit tourneys it works and think thats what was meant...not QTo UTG though. In tourneys where the buy-in is $10+ it fails completely and players will pick up on it fast.
    yea it's such an awful style that he won 11 bracelets with it.

LOL donkaments

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    why is a dude who never plays tournaments trying to tell people which style to play? Stick to the things you know about. What you described is not Hellmuth style, it's douchebag ATM style.

hellmuth = douchebag ATM imo
    1st king

btw i do play tournaments. im in the sunday million right now DDD
    1st king

I'm watching you, lets play heads up later

haha dunno if i can be asked. playing FTOPS main event on full tilt later on too plus some cash games on microgaming (lol i know it sounds like im dodging you : D D)
    1st king

I saw that.

can prolly fold turn to his CR maybe... but whatever lol donkuments i dont feel like bet/folding trips vs some random cunt.. meh
    1st king

I was just watching...shitty exit from the sunday million.

GL in F-Tops