once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The RZA: Has there ever been a better Rapper/Producer?

[QUOTE=Ghostlaced]Havoc is a good one he is the only one who comes close because he has one classic (the infamous) please dont say Pete Rock he cant rap at all.

MF Doom is also the only other one but his production isnt that creative he useally simply completely jacks a whole beat from the original and repeats it, plus I dont think he is as good as RZA in his prime on the mic.[quote]

How the fuck can you say that Doom is not as good as Rza, are you smokin crack?, Doom is one of the best lyricists period, his rhymestyle is complex laced with many metaphors that would leave many mc's scratching their heads, in fact he is on a par with Gza.
    You can say what you want about his production but don't even question Dooms rhymes cos you don't know what you're talking about.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Necro is the greatest ever producer/emcee, but other than thay id say Bronze Nazareth is pretty dope, and Goretex can also get on the beats most people dont know that

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wadeDyNaMiTe
    Rza hasnt been very good on the mic for a while because of his bobbydigititus. but he's always been the man on the boards.
    alot of people hate on bobby charactor but i love bobby. and no there hasnt been a better producer ever and he is one of my favourite MC's ever

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Canít stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... Itís never us coming with the gimmicks. Itís always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap thatís just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ĎWhy Wu-Tang?í when itís not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

jehst

Quote Originally Posted by kylethegod
    Necro is the greatest ever producer/emcee, but other than thay id say Bronze Nazareth is pretty dope, and Goretex can also get on the beats most people dont know that
    NECRO GOT SOME BANGAZ NO DOUBT, BUT HE CANT BRING IT LIKE A WU-ELEMENT PRODUCER, IM SORRY DATS JUST MY OPINION

what about large pro?

not as consistent as rza...but he def matches my taste in music

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

The only person that I can think of is Havoc. I don't think that he is better than Rza but he is clever with his beats and he used to be able to perfectly tailor them to the cd's.

But in all honesty people who think Rza is a wack rapper are kidding themselves. He hasn't done well in rapping recently but if people want to judge on what the last hot track was then yeah but if they want skills then check his rapping from the past and tell me he ain't ripped shit apart.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts
    But in all honesty people who think Rza is a wack rapper are kidding themselves. He hasn't done well in rapping recently but if people want to judge on what the last hot track was then yeah but if they want skills then check his rapping from the past and tell me he ain't ripped shit apart.
    co-sign rza has had many great verses in the past

Quote Originally Posted by deadlymelody
    LOL at Kanye West. RZA is probably the best combination producer/rapper. Doom is good, Pete Rock is alright, Kanye is....average.
    co sign

smh at everyone that thinks rza is a dope rapper

that man is a horrible on the mic

^
    Ok you can now go on your Andre 3000 and Kanyw West rants for the 30th time.

God Ukarema

Agree's with the thread starter.

And I also mad a similar thread like this on another message board. But cats don't realize that RZA producers and writes everthing on his own, with little to no help @ a consistant level. Unlike some other producers on the mic.

As far as overall talent, I can name some cats that are up there with RZA in terms of producer/rapping, composing music etc.

J-Zone
    Wyclef Jean
    Andre 3000
    Large Professor
    DJ Quik
    Diamond D

To name a few, other than that, those who oppose would prolly rather listen to a Jazze Phae verse featuring lil jon. I'm just pointing out the obvious, RZA is one of the best most talented cats in MUSIC period. So ya'll marinate on that.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Spray
    Thank You. Exactly.

MF Doom and Kanye are perfect examples of good Rappers/Producers.
    I agree that Doom is dope as hell. But Kanye? Wack as hell. He might be a talented producer, but he's a fucking wack rapper. Just my two cents.

Del
    Opio

Kanye should stick to producing

Knowing the Ledge Claustrofobic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlaced
    Havoc is a good one he is the only one who comes close because he has one classic (the infamous)
    So how long you been livin' in a cave?