Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ...Who thinks hip hop is dying

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default ...Who thinks hip hop is dying

This shit is scary..really...i mean there will always be hip hop heads...but will we always stay ontop like we thought we would? Years ago ppl swore up and down that hip hop would never die, but look where its at now-"Snap ya fingaz!" "Lean wit it rock wit it" "meet me in da cluuuubb" "catch me riding dirty"...theres no fucking meaning behind shit no more,it seem like its just targeted for lil kids saying:
    "hey this is hip hop, buy this!" not knowing nor mentioning nor relating at all to hip hops true roots...what the fuck, it seems like true hip hop heads are not long from being looked at as we used to look at bum ass hippies...some freddy krueger shit if u ask me..what ya'll think bout it??

to be honest the rap game hasnt been the same since bigge and pac died losin those two along with guys like big pun and big l hurt more than people realize

Quote Originally Posted by wu82
    to be honest the rap game hasnt been the same since bigge and pac died losin those two along with guys like big pun and big l hurt more than people realize
    .... Biggie and Big Pun were two of the people who rapped about "bitches, money, killing, etc".

Yes, they did it in a hot/creative way, but it is what it is. If you are going to say anything is dead in hip hop its probably some of the creativity in the mainstream. But that shits been like that since they were alive.

WHAT'S GOING ON?

Veteran Member

lol rap not sticking to its roots? its going back to the original way hip hop was stupid.

the first rappers were NOT lyrical

badiwaba bang bang diggy diggy shit was NOT lyrical and it was still hip hop

chingy is just as hip hop as krs one
    d4l is just as hip hop as wutang

so deal with it just cause u dont like it doesnt mean its not hip hop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Collecta
    lol rap not sticking to its roots? its going back to the original way hip hop was stupid.

i think u are confused with hip hop and hip POP... rapping and candy wrappers...

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Razorsharp
    i think u are confused with hip hop and hip POP... rapping and candy wrappers...
    yo stupid u make no sense. just because its popular doesnt mean its not hip hop stupid. hip hop is a life style not a genre of music. UNDER THE CATEGORY OF HIP HOP there are many different kinds of RAP MUSIC.

under rap music there is gangsta rap, club rap, etc.....HIP HOP IS NOT A GENRE OF MUSIC. stupid ppl i swear

Quote Originally Posted by Razorsharp
    thank u/exactly

Well...I guess one thing we can all agree on is that..hip hop will never be like it used to be..atleast not at this rate,and yes there are true mc's still out there..but truth be told,if they had a video out would any of the young cats today even give them a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Collecta

smh!!!

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

i think hip hop is almost dead theres only a few artists that are hip hop now.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Canít stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... Itís never us coming with the gimmicks. Itís always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap thatís just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ĎWhy Wu-Tang?í when itís not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by ol dirty abbot
    i think hip hop is almost dead theres only a few artists that are hip hop now.
    co sign

Hip Hop will always be here. There are plenty of underground/indie LPs that are bangin'. Commerical hip hop sucks right now. The days of the mid 90's are gone and probably never to return.
    Wu Tang Forever.

i think i'm high

hiphop can't die, but hopefully backpackers who complain about hiphop all the time can

Realness

student of the culture White_Mouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snapple
    hiphop can't die, but hopefully backpackers who complain about hiphop all the time can
    i am a backpacking, undergound, basement dweller, tunnel rat, hip-hopper. Your just an internet gangster. LOL