Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ...Who thinks hip hop is dying

hip hop aint dead....most of the artists who dropped classics and who are considered the best are still releasing shit, nas, common, cube, rakim, most of wu, pharoahe, pharcyde, etc. The only reason i think ppl are saying hip hop is dead is because not everyone is droppin classics left right and center like the late 80s early 90s era, i doubt that will ever happen again. we also got 'newer' mcs like mos def, talib, cunninlynguists, immortal tech, the whole physco+logical roster....etc.

hip hop aint dead...the portrayal of it is. since labels have turned the popular aspect of hip hop into a commercial thing more rappers have emerged that dont have skills, but i say fuck them, theyre not gonna stop all the other acts from sellin. the true heads will know who really has skills. people round my way are goin round sayin they into rap, and wen i ask em if they like wu-tang or rakim or sumfin, i get a funny look that says wat the fuck are you talkin about.

the point is, ALOT OF GOOD ACTS ARE STILL RELEASING NEW ALBUMS.

still standin tall

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luther Large
    you fuckin idiot

yeah alotta of young rappers from NY do sound the same

BUT THE SOUTH IS WAY WORSE IN BEING GENERIC YOU FUCKIN MORON!
    thats where ur wrong stupid. the south is very original they may talk about the same issues but they always find a different way to do it.

ive been to NY and i am up on Ny music and almost everybody is a punchline rapper talking about how they put bullets in someone's head or how they had sex with the other person's girl or stupid stuff like that.

let me name a few

jae millz
    tru life
    shellz
    cory gunz
    etc etc...

alot of these young cats coming from NY are wack these days

saigon is the only one i can think of who isnt like that bullshit.

only good ppl in NY are the older ppl thats y none of yall are getting signed noone wants yall and you have the labels in ur back yard lmao.

and chiba immortal technique is a dumb ass. he was basically making a generalization so when outkast goes plat its a bunch of dumb ass fans right? or when wu tang went plat they had a bunch of dumb ass fans right?

immortal tech wishes he could go gold lmao

i think i'm high

where in new york you runnin around homie...you can only name dudes who are doing big on the mixtape circut, and thats what mixtape rappers do, just spit shit off the top gully ass gangster shit. the reason nobody is getting signed is cause a lot of dudes dont give a fuck. you have no idea how many hood legends there are that will merk your favorite MC but just dont give a fuck about the rap shit they just do it cause its the thing to do fuck the industry hood money is all they need. it's like saying every southernrapper is a crunk rapper, every westcoast rapper is a 2pac...it just makes no sense youre making generalizations cause you have a hate towords new york.

"ive been to NY and i am up on Ny music and almost everybody is a punchline rapper talking about how they put bullets in someone's head or how they had sex with the other person's girl or stupid stuff like that."

see man thats your problem and the rest of this board. yall dont get this rap shit, thats why you faggots go out and buy lupe fiascos new album cause hes rapping about pushing a skateboard. i dont give a fuck what you're rapping about, it's how you say it not what you're saying that is impressive. thats lyricism and you don't seem to understand that. content is completley irelivent. but hey i'm sure when you were in new york you didn't open up your mouth or come in contact with any MCs anyway so why waste my time.

Realness

Veteran Member

yo stupid i just dont listen to lyrical shit i listen to club shit. dont stereotype me. i am one of the most diverse listeners on this board. ill give almost anything a chance. so dont pull that BS wit me

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

there will always be dope shit out there, you just got to look harder

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

^^^^Word. I could care less.....as long as I can still purchase my underground hiphop, Im happy.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

GENERAL WISE

so wait, isn't hiphop already dead?

Hip hop ain't dead, and it still drops classic albums... Only problem is that the classic albums are all underground, so not everyone get's too hear that shit, and that's sad...

Hip hop ain't dead, it just moved to the underground =)

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

immortal technique is a dumb ass. he was basically making a generalization so when outkast goes plat its a bunch of dumb ass fans right? or when wu tang went plat they had a bunch of dumb ass fans right?
    dude you the one being a dumbass. talking about hip-hop but cant decipher the meaning held w/in three lines gtfoh. Look at it again. And now pay extra carefull attention to the first line cuz it seems you alzheimer-havin ass forgets about it by the time you get to the end of the verse.

if your message ain't shit, fuck the records you sold
    So Outkast didn't have a message? Wu-tang didn't have a message? Or was it your lame-ass example that didn't refute anything that Immortal was saying not have a message? Immortal be droppin that revolutionary shit, which is straight up hip-hop, all the way back to the Furious Five. Hip-Hop aint dead, its just infested with non-thinking mothafuckas such as yourself. The spirit of hip-hop will outlast any ignorance that it's currently awash with. Don't believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by wu82
    to be honest the rap game hasnt been the same since bigge and pac died losin those two along with guys like big pun and big l hurt more than people realize
    .... Biggie and Big Pun were two of the people who rapped about "bitches, money, killing, etc".

Yes, they did it in a hot/creative way, but it is what it is. If you are going to say anything is dead in hip hop its probably some of the creativity in the mainstream. But that shits been like that since they were alive.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

the f ppl complaining about man..hip hop is universal and more diverse then ever..there are mad events the f ppl complaining 4?..if you hiphop go 2 some concerts and support niggaz for real and youll c if their aint hiphop..bboys doing their thing..the thing is if you complaining you just didnt get the message..be creative yourself and make these beats rhymes..moves or whatever..creatives is hiphop

PEACE

at the gym the other day
    I heard some guy say to his friend that LIL WAYNE IS AN UNTOUCHABLE MC
    it was disgusting

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK

at the Little Brother concert on saturday...DJ Flash came out to spin some records before Phonte and Pooh came out. All the white boy fans were yelling, "yea!! 9th wonder you rock!!!". Not to mention I saw this racist kid I used to know screaming all the lyrics. I hate hip hop fans, I was gonna make a whole topic about that today, but with the recent topics, it would seem too specific.

WHAT'S GOING ON?

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Collecta
    yo stupid i just dont listen to lyrical shit i listen to club shit. dont stereotype me. i am one of the most diverse listeners on this board. ill give almost anything a chance. so dont pull that BS wit me
    this faggot loves the word stupid he's used it in evey 1 of his posts in this thread

"i use the stupid cuz it's need".....save that bullshit and just shut the fuck up

dumbfuck i can name waaaaaaaay worse rappers from the south alotta ny catz may talk about "gangsta shit" but it's the same with the south and there "crunk shit"

d4l
    3 6 mafia
    dem franchise boys

all have no lyrical talent.......

now altho ny cats might be on sum shoot you up shit atleast they got lyrics and besides thats on mixtapes not the radio dumfuck

you forgettin about people like Nas from NY who may not be young but still gets radio play

your argument is shit

in the words of pussywithteeth

New york>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the whole south region (with a few exeptions)

and no i'm not hatin just tryna prove a point
    I got styles sick as hell, sicker than sickle cell anemia, slaughter your circulatory like lukemia

- AZ

The Poet You Never Were 9th Warrior's Avatar

hip-hop is dead blah blah whereas its selling more than it ever has. hip-hop is alive to every suburban kid and dead to every og hip-hop fan.