Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: ...Who thinks hip hop is dying

Quote Originally Posted by White_Mouse
    Hmmmmmm when i turn on the radio and hear "laffy taffy"
    or any of nelly or 50's stuff i think "hip-hop ain't dying. . . .
    IT'S ALREADY DEAD!!!!!!!
    Hip-hop aint your fuckin radio boy, be serious.

IP RELAY OPERATOR R3beLuTionAry's Avatar

how bad or good mainstream radio doesnt determine how alive hip hop is imo.

Quote Originally Posted by R3beLuTionAry
    It does if the underground becomes extinct. In other words, the underground changes to be more like radio to boost sales. I think some are itching and may change. Let's hope not.
    Last edited by rubyspirit; 06-01-2006 at 02:18 AM.

Veteran Member

the underground isnt becoming extinct tho sooooooo wtf u talking about.

i think the issue of hip hop dying really depends on how u look at it, if u more into those crazy beats with loud yelling and keepin to the same old subjects then hip hop is peaking rite now, if u like the lyrical skill and content then hip hop is declining. i think there is PLEENNTTYY of good music bein made ryte now, old school rappers are adapting to the new ways and some of them are blowin up, look at busta rhymes, hes still puttin out good shit, i thought ghostfaces last album had some fire and theres definitely alot more dudes that i dont need to mention. now as far as this retarted battle thats going on between NY and the South, i dont think most of us have the rite to say shit, i kno alot of niggas from my block that got skill leakin out they ass, AND NO, THERE NOT PUNCHLINE RAPPERS, bone collecta stay hatin on NY when u have no idea wut ur talkin about, theres like 18million people in new york, u really think that the only people who got any skill are the ones in the underground and main stream. i never even herd half of the niggas u named so i cant defend them, but u gotta chill cuz u dont understand us. now the south got a major portion of the rap game on lock rite now but do u really think that comin up with a new way to rap makes it a better way, wut if people feel that the way Nyers rap is the best way to do it, which is the reason they not comin up wit whisper songs. (which i thought was just as much retarted as creative). then again im sure theres plenty of south rappers that can spit flame on the mic, the public just rejects them because no1 expects 2 many lyrical mc's to emerge out the south. basically what im sayin is no1 has a good point to make in this discussion because rapping ability is based purely on opinion, if NYers thought that yellin stupid shit at the top of their lungs was hot then lil jon wuld be a living legend and biggie wuld b seen as some fat nigga that was just CREATIVE for rhymin different. im sure theres many parts about my post that people can prove wrong but no matter wut u say im still bumpin NY shit. call me biased but i never herd south niggas supporting NY niggas either
    get at me-
    "i got drug spots from NY to Canada/
    cuz Big L b fuckin wit more keys then a janita/"
    Follow me @SkiLLs456

student of the culture White_Mouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist
    ... OR that they're stupid as fuck
    i agree with that.

Your opinion is correct, thankyou.
    the underground isnt becoming extinct tho sooooooo wtf u talking about.
    Yes, that ones correct too. Punto for you.

Please everyone just shut up now. Hip-hop isn't the shit coming out of your radio or what you watch on MTV. Hip hop aint this site neither. Hip hop isnt even the "underground" CD your bumpin.

Most of yall have not even the slightest idea what your talking about.
    So Zip-it bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by The Antagonist
    Your opinion is correct, thankyou.

Yes, that ones correct too. Punto for you.

Please everyone just shut up now. Hip-hop isn't the shit coming out of your radio or what you watch on MTV. Hip hop aint this site neither. Hip hop isnt even the "underground" CD your bumpin.

Most of yall have not even the slightest idea what your talking about.
    So Zip-it bitches.
    Hip Hop is INTERNATIONAL. For all you american minded people that only think hip hop is USA know this. HIP HOP = INTERNATIONAL. If you'd listen to other hip hop nobody here would claim hip hop is dead.
    "That little baby you have in your arms is going to die of heart failure before you do, if you keep feeding her/him trash."
    "If we treated America the way it has treated our people, we would be called terrorists, rapists, thieves, murderers."

- Immortal Technique -

R.I.P. ODB
    R.I.P. Poetic

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Collecta
    lol if u look at NY yall are part of the problem. all the good rappers in Ny are like 35+ most the young cats on that punchline bullshit.

almost all the new NY rappers sound the same thats why the south is winning.
    That makes no sense. That implies the south does NOT sound alike. obviously that's not true, maybe with a very few exceptions (Outkast).
    Wu-Tang Forever and a Day

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist
    Hip Hop is INTERNATIONAL. For all you american minded people that only think hip hop is USA know this. HIP HOP = INTERNATIONAL. If you'd listen to other hip hop nobody here would claim hip hop is dead.
    co sign europe is big on hip hop

Africa too

even some asain countries are pretty big on hip hop

and i dont know anyone on the south who sounds the same @Frza

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

hip hop is the number one genre so its far from dead

if you don't like that or the mainstream music thats something else

No one in the south sounds the same? Young joc is a Young Jeezy clone, D4L is Dem Franchise boys clones, Backwoodz are Outkast clones, etc.

I have yet to hear something that would make me think the south is so creative, they have a few gimmick songs, not much creativity.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bedlam
    No one in the south sounds the same? Young joc is a Young Jeezy clone, D4L is Dem Franchise boys clones, Backwoodz are Outkast clones, etc.

I have yet to hear something that would make me think the south is so creative, they have a few gimmick songs, not much creativity.

ummmm young joc is nothing like jeezy. jeezy doesnt fuck with crunk sounding beats and that song "its goin down" is more crunk. joc doesnt use ad libs either so how is he a clone? cause they look similar? they dont look alike either. sooooooooooooo what u talking about? they dont even make the same type of music. joc is more clubbish while jeezy is more street.

D4L is nothing like franchise boys. they both have 1 song about snap dancing other than that nothing else is similar. name something other than that.

backwoodz are nothing like outkast too. how are they? they dont dress bizarre, their lyrics arent as good as outkast, they dont look alike, they dont rap about the same things. what are u talking about?

i think u are pulling them outta ur ass mayne so far noone u mentioned sounds similar except for 1 song

Everyone is talking about 2 very different kinds of hip hop. Theres true hip hop (wu/talib/outkast/etc) and then theres fake hip hop (50, 95% of the South). And fake hip hop is that club shit that goes mainsteam and lures in fans, and these fans dont know shit about true hip hop cause all they see and hear is laffy taffy and shit. Fake hip hop is marketable and as it grows, true hip hop fades...

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Collecta
    yo stupid i just dont listen to lyrical shit i listen to club shit. dont stereotype me. i am one of the most diverse listeners on this board. ill give almost anything a chance. so dont pull that BS wit me
    then y the fuck r u on this site?

honestly, after reading most of ur posts (which makes me a dumb ass for doing so), i would probably shoot u in the head. like, im not trying to be a thug or a tuff guy cuz im not. but i feel it is needed for all the dumb things u have posted in the past and present. really, again, no offense. and when im in trial, i'll just show the jury and judge all the dumb shit u've said and they will probably let me go and thank me for ridding u of this earth.

have a shitty day
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=70510498

"I dont battle anymore! I uplift mothafuckers!-gza