once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The person who did most damage to hip-hop.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Default The person who did most damage to hip-hop.

Y'all know what I mean. I don't think of commercial motherfuckers and sell-outs as Mobb, I mean really bad persons... Who do that shit on purpose, knawImean? A person who changed the game in the bad way.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

All the fake-ass gangstas.These faggots changed the game in the bad way.

backpackers.

WHAT'S GOING ON?

I think I'm one of the few people to think there is nothing wrong with hip hop at all. If anything at all hurts hip hop, its the lack of creativity of some rappers. Yes, besides those who talk about grills etc, I'm including anyone who dwells on the "hip hop is dead" aspect in most of their songs.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostFan
    I think I'm one of the few people to think there is nothing wrong with hip hop at all. If anything at all hurts hip hop, its the lack of creativity of some rappers. Yes, besides those who talk about grills etc, I'm including anyone who dwells on the "hip hop is dead" aspect in most of their songs.
    very good point.
    but certain people have taken the level of rap to new lows.

the 1st person that comes to mind is puffy.
    the bling rage right now,is still directly linked to his blowing up on the scene 10 years ago.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GhostFan
    co sign, bout time someone started talkin sense, but if u wanna 'blame' someone for 'killing hip hop' blame yaselves for hatin on rappers and givin them hype so ppl go and buy their shit, its us the people that determine whether a rapper makes it or not whether u know it or not, good publicity is good but hatin publicity is better - as soon as u start sayin 'dont buy this its killing hip hop' ppl gonna buy it outta curiosity = record sales = $$$$$$ = radio/tv play = audiences for the radio stations and viewers for the tv networks = $$$$$$ = more $$$$$$$ for the rapper thanks to the fans
    Bushido is realised in the presence of death.
    This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death.
    There is no other reasoning.

^^ rep.

WHAT'S GOING ON?

I agree, mr P Diddy is partly to blame of the shit he started nearly ten years ago.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

no one damaged Hip-Hop

If non one bought Puffy's records would he have had any influence on the state of the culture? I think hip-Hop fans need to start taking responsiblilty, it's in our hands, it always has been.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Punch
    no one damaged Hip-Hop

If non one bought Puffy's records would he have had any influence on the state of the culture? I think hip-Hop fans need to start taking responsiblilty, it's in our hands, it always has been.
    agreed,but keep in mind its not only hip hop fans who bought his albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch
    I think hip-Hop fans need to start taking responsiblilty, it's in our hands, it always has been.
    co sign

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN
    I agree, mr P Diddy is partly to blame of the shit he started nearly ten years ago.
    I cosign this. Puff did make some great contributions to hip hop with (ie, Ready to Die) but with out a doubt Puff is the one who changed the sound of the game. If you ask me he's the one who made it commercial.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

suge knight..one of the figure behind the lose of 2 greats..it had an impact on the game

i think i'm high

the fans.

Realness

people who are hating on the fans are still haters

a lot of the time, what fans like has to do with marketing

the way hip hop is marketed these days is bullshit, if good hiphop was marketed as much as shitty rap, it'd be bumping just as much on radio and tv

its stupid to blame the fans, the rappers can be blamed like people like 50 or puff daddy but even they are just trying to make money bc once they get a taste of it they become greedy, and the way the marketing was going was to have them pretty much sellout and become candy rappers

there was a reason that when Forever dropped, that was ALL you heard on the radio and saw on the tv, bc there was money to be made, of course fans play a part but hip hop can't have fans if the majority of people are never exposed to real hiphop, and thats not the fans faults, just look at ghost's album, he got fucked

its not a rappers' fault, its a whole group of people's fault and the reason was $$$$$$$$$ and it always will be, BUT for one way to have a revolution would be up to the FANS, bc if all the wu fans ACTUALLY went out and BOUGHT the albums they bump, there'd be no way to ignore the resurgancein sales and this is for any other hardcore hiphop albums, but right now the marketing is helping supress the spread of knowledge about true hiphop

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK