once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this is interesting!

Veteran Member

Red face this is interesting!

Wu-tang clan first album sold 1 million second album did 4 million cuban linx went gold! liquid swords went gold! 6 feet deep went gold! I was in high school when these albums came out and everybody was bumping them even other school's. I don't get it there's albums out there that suck and sold more. I can't believe that cuban linx was one of the best albums and they only sold half million. 1995 everybody was bumping that album that album should have went 4 million and beyond. It's weird There was no internet not burn music back than so what gives?

Veteran Member

Default Re: this is interesting!

yeah I read that article a while ago it's July now no way he is putting out three albums maybe one but he did say one thing is true.

Everything is a gimmick. ... It's just based on hype now. You have to shoot somebody in order to sell some records." — Ghostface

It sounds like ghostface is going to come correct can't wait

Veteran Member

Sounds like ghost is gunna shoot someone... ahh hahahahaha !

Veteran Member

GFK is straight bulletproof man.

The game is like wrestling right now. ... I don't see any originality in it no more. Everything is a gimmick. It's not based upon good music. It's just based on hype now. You have to shoot somebody in order to sell some records. I put out good albums, but my albums never really sold nothing.

ob4cl went didnt go plat?!?ive heard it sold gold in one week...well maybe i was wrong

Lets Connect Politic-Ditto

all i have 2 say is: WATCH OUT

Quote Originally Posted by jaywoods27
    Wu-tang clan first album sold 1 million second album did 4 million cuban linx went gold! liquid swords went gold! 6 feet deep went gold! I was in high school when these albums came out and everybody was bumping them even other school's. I don't get it there's albums out there that suck and sold more. I can't believe that cuban linx was one of the best albums and they only sold half million. 1995 everybody was bumping that album that album should have went 4 million and beyond. It's weird There was no internet not burn music back than so what gives?
    In the US, the first album is almost at 2 million. Forever is at 4 million....over 2 million since it is a double. I remember 1 or 2 years ago that OB4CL was near a million if not already. That was about the same time when Ironman hit the 1 million mark. Yes, liquid swords is only gold

Before 1997, not many hiphop albums went platinum relative to the last few years.

Also I think they do not count overseas sales. In Europe Wu was the biggest thing in hip hop since Public Enemy and maybe Dre's crew back in the day. They basically opened up the hip hop market in many areas, especially with the Forever album.

Peace.

over rates mathematics

oh and that article is kinda fake, they imply that ghost on OB4CL 2 is another album of his even though it isn't.

^^^^^

they dont when something is certified plat and gold...its only U.S. other countries the numbers to get those records are different.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

I heard ob4cl went platinum?

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

quality of album does not equal good sales. some of hiphop's greatest works never saw platinum or even gold.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

36 Chambers (2x Platinum)
    Tical (2x Platinum)
    Dirty Version (Gold)
    Cuban Linx...(Platinum)
    Liquid Swords (Gold)
    Ironman (Platinum)
    Wu Forever (4x Platinum)
    The Holy Temple Is The Mental