once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

View Poll Results: Who is better lyrically?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • GZA

56 70.00%
  • Rakim

24 30.00%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GZA Vs. Rakim (Lyrically)

Shittin on E-Gangstas WuTangWarrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eVoL
    24/7 son, and i'm this forum because i admire Wu for who they WERE, rather than what they are now (sellouts, homos, scammers)
    sellouts and homos huh, lets see ummm... who was that legendary rapper standing next to that pink-wearing, "AY"-screaming, fakeass, monkey-looking ass mothafucka named Juelz Santana, yes..... your GOD MC RAKIM. Your a fuckin retard saying that the Wu is a bunch of sellouts and homos, clean your mouth cause all that bullshit is dripping out. Rakim is truly one of the greatest to ever grab the mic and he is one of my favorites and GZA's on that same level too. It's hard to decide who to choose but GZA is my pick, i think that GZA is an amazing story-teller, hes got amazing flow as well but Rakim beats him on flow. Still though if you compare their lyrics then GZA gets the win. BTW why the hell would you be on a Wu forum just to admire who they were, i dont see any Cuban Linx, Forever, Liquid Swords threads lying around or anything lol

(edit) here take this...
    Last edited by WuTangWarrior; 06-02-2006 at 02:38 PM.

Banned

Rakim, he's impossible to overpass

show me why

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

word i just noticed the thread title says "Lyrically"
    well i guess Gza ;/
    my bad son

WuTangWarrior, the fuck up you fucking mongoloid

Shittin on E-Gangstas WuTangWarrior's Avatar

lol dont mean to start e-beef i aint like that, just tryna prove a point. kinda was harsh there but i STILL disagree when you said that Wu are sellouts and shit. HELL NO THEY AINT lol....

Gza

Sig by Born Invincible
    Winner of The Sports Zone Award2006

prolly gza
    but its hard to compare

by the way i hold the microphone like a grudge, is the sickest simile/metaphor i have ever heard and the god said it

GZA is the best lyricist of all time, but it's almost inarguable who has the better flow. I'm still liking GZA better overall simply for the replay value of his words.

If we took it back to the oldschool with gza's first album against rakim's first album....Rakim dominates

Sig by Born Invincible

Rakim is the daddy you can never understand that if you werent around at that time and how revolutionary the type of shit he was saying was. I notice threadmaker is only 17 so its way before him, the power of his style may of worn off now as seeing like the "norm" but he started all these rappers like Nas etc. His metaphors similies and braggdocio all that was way ahead.

Plus GZA has never flowed like Rakim back in the day. Man get off a GZA dick and show some fuckin respect to a true hip hop legend.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Infamous S.T.
    Rakim, he's impossible to overpass
    Whooops, forgot about lyrically...

Yeah, lyrically GZA, but in everything else Rakim surpasses him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlaced
    Rakim is the daddy you can never understand that if you werent around at that time and how revolutionary the type of shit he was saying was. I notice threadmaker is only 17 so its way before him, the power of his style may of worn off now as seeing like the "norm" but he started all these rappers like Nas etc. His metaphors similies and braggdocio all that was way ahead.

Plus GZA has never flowed like Rakim back in the day. Man get off a GZA dick and show some fuckin respect to a true hip hop legend.
    shit like this kills me man i'm a fan of both but GZA LYRICALLY is better than Rakim, my age has nothing to do with anything i listen to a WIDE variety of music; Hip Hop being the one I enjoy the most.

It has nothing to do with being a dickrider, and i'm tired of shitty ass arguements like this. GZA and Rakim are essentially a part of the same Hip hop class, GZA been spittin this way since he started and so has Rakim. Now what i'm asking here is WHO IS BETTER LYRICALLY. After all this time, I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE FUCKIN PAST I'M TALKIN ABOUT THE HERE AND NOW

after all these years to judge & put material out who is better lyrically and why and if you can't answer that then shut the fuck up and don't even open ya goddamn mouth

i never said I didn't like Rakim, i'm not disrespecting him like i said i am a fan i have alot of his music i'm asking WHO IS BETTER LYRICALLY

so by saying someone is better than him i'm disrespecting him? that's pure bullshit GZA is a true Hip hop legend

now back to the topic
    Last edited by Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah; 06-02-2006 at 03:15 PM.

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

I would like to hear a collabo with gza and rakim

Sig by Born Invincible

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlaced
    Rakim is the daddy you can never understand that if you werent around at that time and how revolutionary the type of shit he was saying was. I notice threadmaker is only 17 so its way before him,
    you're 20 by the way yeah u can remember that shit...pssh