once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: System of a Down

Tha Double-P

Default System of a Down

Anyone listen to them? I like their old albums, Toxicity and Steal this album. Mezmerize was alright but Hypnotize was just wack. They used to be way better and i think they should start getting back on track.

The Poet You Never Were 9th Warrior's Avatar

their older stuff was alright, new stuff is straight shit IMO

Tha Double-P

^ totally agreed..like wtf happened??!

agreed, any of u like iron maiden? theyre fucking siiiick

The Poet You Never Were 9th Warrior's Avatar

yeah man maiden is the rawest

Tha Double-P

Fuck that shit, i thought this thread was called System of a Down, not Iron Maiden...

Wu Vatican

the first album was dope.

they went the way of a lot of hard rocking bands it seems. they get softer as they go along.

korn
    limp bizkit
    rage agasint the machine
    metallica

the list goes on.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

the temulent

WHY do people not like the new stuff? seriously??? hypnotize/mesmerize is a fucking masterpiece. why do people say they don't rock as hard? have you guys even heard b.y.o.b? system of a down have improved every album, and all their stuff is solid gold.
    peace, love, revolution.

Tha Double-P

Have you listened to ANY of their old stuff?? Well if u havent thats prolly why u think their new stuff is so good.

FRESH FISH

A big SOAD fan here, I dunno what the hate is on Mesmerize but that album is one of the better new releases by them. I cetainly enjoy it more than Hypnotize. Mesmerize is a fuckin classic yo. Toxicity is above our heads, and their first album is as groundbreaking as most sick bands/artists can drop on their debut. SOAD will be around for long, trust me they r the new Kings of Metal. If you like Rage and Korn u'll def. love SOAD.

the temulent

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Double-P
    Have you listened to ANY of their old stuff?? Well if u havent thats prolly why u think their new stuff is so good.
    dude, i started listening when all they had was the first two discs. i love those albums. just so happens that hypnotize is clearly better!
    peace, love, revolution.

Tha Double-P

Yeah mezmerize was good, wasnt as good as there old music but ill have to consider it a classic compared to other bands lol..but hypnotize, dont get me started on that shit yo. fuckin shits played out like an osh kosh jumpsuit (yes i took that from da graveyard). jus plain wack, they coulda dun so much better.

the temulent

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Double-P
    Yeah mezmerize was good, wasnt as good as there old music but ill have to consider it a classic compared to other bands lol..but hypnotize, dont get me started on that shit yo. fuckin shits played out like an osh kosh jumpsuit (yes i took that from da graveyard). jus plain wack, they coulda dun so much better.
    why though? it's awesome. maybe not as heavy as previous efforts, but they really excelled with it. i love the subjects in the songs. they all seem so different from each other, yet mould together so well. the last few songs, maybe minus lonely day (that song is a bit gay) end the album so well. the first verse of attack is one of their most well written too, IMO. classic disc.
    peace, love, revolution.

Tha Double-P

yeah im just gun have ta disagree wit that man, i wasnt feelin that album AT ALL.