once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: wu the come up

  1. #1
    penalty boxed user
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Africa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,544
    Rep Power
    0

    Default wu the come up

    alot of people are talking shit about wu-tang making comercial music(myself included) but when i sit down & think about it, i want the wu-tang to blow up again like they did in 2000 with gravel pit. it feels good to hear the avrage cat in the street talkin about the clan even though comercial rap is not really my cup of tea like still on it & yeah mean but if meth is getting air time & getting paid who the fuck am i to complain & diss him when you got mouths to feed it's a whole different ball game as long as there is 3 or 4 killa tracks on the cd i'm happy. support the clan as long as we keep buying they will keep making

  2. #2

    Default

    Gravel Pit didn't sound commercial. Who else has that sound? It was all natural. No crew is able to compete. Seriously, the public is under some wacky spell to buy bullshit.

  3. #3
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    i dont want wu-tang blowing up making songs like 'back like that'.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Kung Fu Alter Ego num2son's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S.A. New Jersey
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,083
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wadeDyNaMiTe
    i dont want wu-tang blowing up making songs like 'back like that'.
    More songs like C.R.E.A.M.
    "Who's the wickedest, street officialist, Guess, Gortex
    Lex is the crispiest, ice the vidiculous
    Peep and look, the unexplainable'll keep ya shook
    High illism, the realism got you hooked"
    AZ - Doe or Die (Rza Remix)

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wadeDyNaMiTe
    i dont want wu-tang blowing up making songs like 'back like that'.
    Huh? There's been singers on a lot of Wu tunes. Usually females, but still.

    As long as it not a wack loop (Diddy shit). I thought Back Like That was OK.

    Is Meth singing on Ashanti's song commercial? If so, we don't have the same understanding of commercial.

    It seems if Wu was to get back on top of the game, they would appear "commercial" although it might be innovation.

  7. #7
    Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,405
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    I just want some raw and grimey wutang beats.

    "One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

  8. #8
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rubyspirit
    Huh? There's been singers on a lot of Wu tunes. Usually females, but still.

    As long as it not a wack loop (Diddy shit). I thought Back Like That was OK.

    Is Meth singing on Ashanti's song commercial? If so, we don't have the same understanding of commercial.

    It seems if Wu was to get back on top of the game, they would appear "commercial" although it might be innovation.
    i dont know what this mini rant was about but 'back like that' was doodoo. a lame conformist attempt at a hit.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  9. #9
    Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,405
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    That song was complete garbage.....and I thought "never be the same again" was bad.

    "One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

  10. #10

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by wadeDyNaMiTe
    i dont know what this mini rant was about but 'back like that' was doodoo. a lame conformist attempt at a hit.

    Its not a rant. Just an opinion that differs.

    You didn't answer the question. Was Meth commercial on Ashanti's song?

    Can the Wu be innovative without being commerical?

  11. #11
    Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    London, U.K.
    Posts
    1,949
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMESH
    alot of people are talking shit about wu-tang making comercial music(myself included) but when i sit down & think about it, i want the wu-tang to blow up again like they did in 2000 with gravel pit. it feels good to hear the avrage cat in the street talkin about the clan even though comercial rap is not really my cup of tea like still on it & yeah mean but if meth is getting air time & getting paid who the fuck am i to complain & diss him when you got mouths to feed it's a whole different ball game as long as there is 3 or 4 killa tracks on the cd i'm happy. support the clan as long as we keep buying they will keep making
    No disrespect but thats a load of bullshit. The assumptions of commercial music, your idea of what gravelpit is about and the fact that you think commercial equal talking in the street are all just plain and utter bullshit.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

    I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

  12. #12
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rubyspirit
    Its not a rant. Just an opinion that differs.

    You didn't answer the question. Was Meth commercial on Ashanti's song?

    Can the Wu be innovative without being commerical?
    i never heard the song so i couldnt tell ya.

    a "commercial song" is a song that is made for the purpose of mass appeal. it does not automatically mean "wack song".
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  13. #13
    El Don of this shit TAURO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In the minds of women everywhere
    Age
    36
    Posts
    16,382
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    I prefer the raw wu sound but I have to admit, when gravel pit hit the charts overhere it was nice to be able to talk about wu to the general public and people actually knowing who the fuck I was talking about.



    "I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

  14. #14
    Wu-Tang Forever na diel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    near Detroit, Michigan
    Age
    36
    Posts
    845
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I love Wu ..
    I've grown familiar with that type of music and it's the only shit I buy
    ...been hardcore since my Commodore



    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/Nathaniel9

  15. #15
    PRODIGAL SUN WotsGoinDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Midlands UK
    Posts
    526
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I likes gravel pit , i don't know why people hate on it , it was also released to get wu-tang back on top , and it did that at the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •