once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: name 15 albums better than Liquid swords

Wolf in sheep clothes

funny post of haters. "a foooll can't seeee the ligght"

Wolf in sheep clothes

"swordsman" >>> a lot of albums

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th Warrior
    co-sign id rather listen to ODB or Mef at least they make listening to music a more involved experience, instead of putting me to sleep !!
    Interesting, I fell asleep while listening to Return to 36 Chambers and Tical, but not Liquid Swords.

I'm a fucking wierdo.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

tacle

Nah, liquid swords is overrated, it's a sick album no doubt, so badly overrated.

I can only name 7 better, 2 of which are rap albums: 'The Chronic' and 'The Infamous'...

Can't - I listened to Liquid Swords today. Its definitely a top hip hop record. Real raw...

1. 36 Chambers

Quote Originally Posted by AI3Yanks842
    "The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum..."

Just let this dumbfuck talk, if you would stop replying to his anti-Wu topics, he would stop making them, plain and simple. You can't argue with this guy, he's the biggest stan on here (Aquemini GOAT? funny...) and the more you try to question him, the more babbling he does.

Let's try something. No one reply to this thread from here on and see how pussy-with-teeth reacts. It's not like you're accomplishing anything by replying because 9 out of 10 people aren't naming albums better than LS, just trying to argue with PWT's list.
    co sign.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    post nudes of your chin

um i dont know about albums being better than ls but theres a lot of classics on its level:
    nas - illmatic
    raekwon - only built 4 cuban linx (imo best album ever)
    de la soul - stakes is high
    eric b & rakim - paid in full
    jay-z - reasonable doubt
    camp lo - uptown saturday night
    3rd bass - cactus album
    mobb deep - the infamous
    epmd - strictly business
    wu tang - 36 chambers
    gang starr - daily operation
    outkast - aquemini
    pete rock & cl smooth - mecca & the soul brother
    public enemy - it takes a nation.....
    atcq - midnight marauders

That's hard man, I can't do that I think...ok I try

-Nightmares That Surface From Shallow Sleep - Warcloud
    -Smuggling Booze In the Graveyard - Warcloud

surprised???
    "The only way to a woman's heart is along the path
    of torment. I know none other as sure..."

another idiot thread made by pussy with teeth...

my answer is that none of ghostface albums are better than ls

peace

"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum..."

Just let this dumbfuck talk, if you would stop replying to his anti-Wu topics, he would stop making them, plain and simple. You can't argue with this guy, he's the biggest stan on here (Aquemini GOAT? funny...) and the more you try to question him, the more babbling he does.

Let's try something. No one reply to this thread from here on and see how pussy-with-teeth reacts. It's not like you're accomplishing anything by replying because 9 out of 10 people aren't naming albums better than LS, just trying to argue with PWT's list.
    what the fuck ?? why u bringin that wack ass mata killa qoute up ?? u actin like beats aint meaning shit.tztzzt...and i aint sayin that ls is wack...its like a 4 out of 5...or something like that so i aint hatin...and yes aquimini is better than ls...to me..not even close...

andre spittin on return of the g ....now listen to that...then come back and give me a gza song where the genius actully really raps like andre did...blow !

Quote Originally Posted by pablobaluba
    another idiot thread made by pussy with teeth...

my answer is that none of ghostface albums are better than ls

peace
    sc, ironman >>>>ls

cuban linx >>>ls

Young Granger

36 chambers ...
    urmmmmmm
    cant name no more

There's nothing wack about that MK quote, no need to catch feelings over some of the realest words spoken in hip-hop, maybe ever. If you can't appreciate the greatness of Liquid Swords as a whole, I'd say "dumb" is really the only appropriate word for you, so that quote really does apply here.

If you really think SC is better than LS, you must be either A) the heaviest Ghost Stan on this planet or B) not listening to the lyrics whatsoever. Honestly, how can you consider an album where the rapper makes it blatantly clear that he's not trying to make sense better than one that demonstrates superiority in storytelling (not saying GZA is a better storyteller than Ghost, just comparing on the albums), wordplay, punchlines, and straight lyricism?

Return of the "G" = average track, Andre raps way too fast for the beat and it sounds stupid, sorry. I mean, you could've at least picked a song where he somewhat stayed on the beat if you want to demonstrate his skill.
    have to disagree on this 'return of the g' is a classic, and andre is dope on it, im not entering a debate of whos better, theyre different but both good
    also lots of people prefer supreme clientele, its a classic album so your preference is down tp personal choice