Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: name 15 albums better than Liquid swords

Quote Originally Posted by AI3Yanks842
    There's nothing wack about that MK quote, no need to catch feelings over some of the realest words spoken in hip-hop, maybe ever. If you can't appreciate the greatness of Liquid Swords as a whole, I'd say "dumb" is really the only appropriate word for you, so that quote really does apply here.

If you really think SC is better than LS, you must be either A) the heaviest Ghost Stan on this planet or B) not listening to the lyrics whatsoever. Honestly, how can you consider an album where the rapper makes it blatantly clear that he's not trying to make sense better than one that demonstrates superiority in storytelling (not saying GZA is a better storyteller than Ghost, just comparing on the albums), wordplay, punchlines, and straight lyricism?

Return of the "G" = average track, Andre raps way too fast for the beat and it sounds stupid, sorry. I mean, you could've at least picked a song where he somewhat stayed on the beat if you want to demonstrate his skill.
    sc is better to me than ls

better beats..better flow..better delivery..better sound..more tracks...better hooks..

ls only beats sc on lyrical aspects

and lol at u talkin that shit bout tha andre verse..lol at spittin too fast..son rode the beat perfectly..u really dont know what u talkin bout right there

and that mk quote is kinda wack man..hip hop always needed music..a beat...a rhythem...that qoute onlys comes from rappers that are talented at lyricsm but still failed to make a classic or even good album...they wanna excuse with the lyrical shit...but i think its ok for mk since i loved his album...but when he said that...his album wasnt out..and i disliked him at that time..thought he said that and he still was wack...i mean a lot of rappers think that they are dope cuz thex can write some lyrics...but they cant fuckin rap them..they have no flow and delivery...no charisma to let the lister actually really feel them..and sorry gza always been that kind of rapper espeically nowadays..i listen to his muggs shit..then i go right to bed

Knowing the Ledge Claustrofobic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pussy-with-teeth
    aight...the most overrated album ever award goes to..LS...followed by rd

20 better albums

enter the wu
    forever
    ironman
    supreme clientele
    cuban linx
    train of thought
    its dark and hell is hot
    illmatic
    the lost tapes
    stillmatic
    atliens
    aquimini
    me against the world
    follow the leader
    imfamous

more

the low end theory
    da shinin
    enta da stage
    the great adventures of slick rick
    moment of truth

just some of the dome

yall agree ? say ssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    sssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

pussy-with-teeth seems the only poster on this site with logical non-wu-dickriding posts

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

My 15 albums better than LS are as follows:

1. OB4CL
    2. OB4CL
    3. OB4CL
    4. OB4CL
    5. OB4CL
    6. OB4CL
    7. OB4CL
    8. OB4CL
    9. OB4CL
    10.OB4CL
    11.OB4CL
    12.OB4CL
    13.OB4CL
    14.OB4CL
    15.OB4CL
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

Quote Originally Posted by Claustrofobic

pussy-with-teeth seems the only poster on this site with logical non-wu-dickriding posts
    uh....no ....hes just a hater¿¿¿¿????

i always wonder what some people determine charisma to be... the only ones in the clan with real charisma are meth, deck and odb... my jaw drops when people refer to ghost as being charismatic...

let's be honest, my favourite album in the world is liquid swords, but realistically, there are definitely 15 albums that are better... there have been too many albums that have made much more of an impact to include it in hip hop's greatest 15 or 20 albums...

the 'nerd' rapper quote was interesting... the best part about gza is his ability to sound clever by using very simple words... unlike canibus, etc who use 15 sylable words but essentially only use them say how great they are...

Quote Originally Posted by Da Problem Child
    Illmatic
    All Eyes on me(I'm a big 2pac fan)
    Ready To Die
    etc

there are more i just can't think right now.I don't really like Gza cause he kind of like a nerd lyricist
    Nerd lyricist???? What the fuck are you talking about?
    18th March 2006

Quote Originally Posted by the insignificant
    i always wonder what some people determine charisma to be... the only ones in the clan with real charisma are meth, deck and odb... my jaw drops when people refer to ghost as being charismatic...

let's be honest, my favourite album in the world is liquid swords, but realistically, there are definitely 15 albums that are better... there have been too many albums that have made much more of an impact to include it in hip hop's greatest 15 or 20 albums...

the 'nerd' rapper quote was interesting... the best part about gza is his ability to sound clever by using very simple words... unlike canibus, etc who use 15 sylable words but essentially only use them say how great they are...

pretty much agree with all of this. good logic.

By looking at the basis of impact on hip-hop, sure there are more albums that surpass Liquid Swords. Impact aside, Liquid Swords is a top 10 hip hop album, ever. Simple as that. Not one bad beat. Not one average beat. Not one average verse. Not one average MC. Everything done in this album was done the right way. Quit arguing about it and just appreciate it for what it is.

IDI_AMIN

i disagree with threadstarter but theres still dumb dickridin in this thread ... i think its the comic book cover that gets people excited

I hope the threadstarter got banned for this thread.

Swollen Member

Quote Originally Posted by pussy-with-teeth View Post
    its dark and hell is hot
    you're a fucking joker

Swollen Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claustrofobic View Post

and severe hearing problems.

Enter the 36 Chambers
    The Low End Theory
    Ironman

and that's about it.

If I wanted to stretch it, I could add Reasonable Doubt/The Blueprint and Illmatic to my list.

This thread wins the award for the most ridicules thing I heard today; Based on the fact the maker of this thread, vagina with teeth, said Liquid Swords was the most overrated album of all time!!!!

There is no objective greatest album of all time. If everyone would share the same favorite album music would be kind of boring. To me Liquid Swords is the best record of all time. I just like the dark sound of the beats and the gritty drums. The lyrics and the featurings to me are just amazing.