Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Making of Reasonable Doubt ..

Last edited by iniquity; 06-25-2006 at 03:07 PM.

'Nevertheless, it announced the arrival of Jay-Hova, the God MC'.....

There is something very very wrong about that quote, i just can't put my finger on it.

Dr.GrEeEnThUmB Da Problem Child's Avatar

Whats wrong with the quote??

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

props for this

Yeah this is a real wordy album. Alot of lyrics he didn't make too many albums like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
    because the album is a classic album lol & this is the 10th anniversary of it's release

Jay-Z said on Coming of Age originally he was gonna get Shyheim originally but he declined
    that would have a crazy right there

HEAVYWEIGHT MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
    as much as i love AZ reasonable doubt is better than doe or die, and even thought it's the same "image" the sounds of Cuban Linx and Reasonable Doubt are nothing alike...so it's not really like Cuban Linx "fathered" the sound

and the album is classic IMO
    dude's talkin' bout Jay Z, not AZ

Quote Originally Posted by xTwX 0106
    this album is wayyyyy to overrated.....considering that when this dropped i was already hearin the same shit off Doe Or Die & Only Built For Cuban Linx.........J came in the game n took they style n now everyone is on his dick......it was a good album, but people should be payin more respect to the albums that fathered Reasonable Doubt
    you can't read yo

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Dr.GrEeEnThUmB Da Problem Child's Avatar

I don't understand how Jay took Raekwon and Az style.

props 4 the article. Jay killed that LP lyrically. Too bad he didn't keep up that skill. The LP is still classic imo. Few have told street tales better
    Wu Tang Forever.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH manhattan360's Avatar

Actually kool g rap started the stlye then az reakwon biggie Kool g rap and rakim and kane are reall the god mc's all this other cats just caught up to them Jay z god mc to the mainstream he dont know nothing that albulm is okay overated i skip a lot of tracks for some reason the sogns wif biggle and mary jane didnt like

Why Weren't People Calling This Classic When It Dropped Or The Following Couple Of Years? No Ones Even Heard Of Reasonable Doubt Until Jay Started Talking About During His Blueprint Release. Didn't Hear Much Appraisal Back Then Biggie, Nas, Pac, Snoop & Wu Were Outshining His Ass Like Crazy.

The Album Is A Banger Though, But Let's Recognize Real. Had Big Never Died Jay Would Be Just Another Rapper. He Str8 Jacked His Formula And Bit His So Many Rhymes & Styles. I Still Respect Him And He's A Helluva Rapper