once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Immortal Technique

tech is dope. dunno where people say his flow is horrible. his flow is fine. just because you don't rhyme quickly doesnt mean you don't have a decent flow.

Strike like a Killa B

tech is the shit anyone know when his new album is dropin?

damn listen to this track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIjVCp_nITY
    Last edited by InfamousRD; 07-08-2006 at 01:34 PM.

"the middle passage" was meant to drop last year, now im not sure when its coming out. probably late this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PLO-Stylez
    check this freestyle
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=z7wjKJRrc...ue%20freestyle

Tech rips the shit outta this guy freestyle battle

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CWc7Hxdgy...ue%20freestyle

And another
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=1Zfs-DVUJ...ue%20freestyle

Just type in on youtube immortal technique freestyle u get a lot of clips to many to post
    omg thx for these man!
    incredible shit!

yo, I agree with everything written here, he is truth, and the way he puts across his political and social views is dope, I really don't mind his flow tbh, he practices what he preaches, damn nice stuff for real, I love his revolutionary albums. 'Dance With The Devil' was the first track I ever heard from Tech, so you can imagine I was taken with this dude from the jump. I love 'Leaving the Past' and 'Peruvian Cocaine' s'all dope as hell, he's great to listen to cos he gives you alot to think about.

p

p

Quote Originally Posted by urban_angel
    I love 'Leaving the Past' and 'Peruvian Cocaine' s'all dope as hell, he's great to listen to cos he gives you alot to think about.

p

p
    leaving the past is my favorite tech song by far

cold blood3d I dont give a fuck about karma/bc if it never comes to those who benefit from misery/ aint no motherfucking way it could ever do shit to me

that is some ILL BIG PUN shit right there, but his flow IS a bit off, doesnt mean he isnt a good rapper though, sometimes it take away from his rhyming though

masta killa has a flow people hate too, but I think he has a better flow than tech bc at least when he aint flowing properly he doesnt rhyme shit either, but when he wants the shit to be on point he KILLS it

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK

Default Go

You guys should download these albums(not available to buy, if you wanted to ):

The Silenced Revolution
    St1ll Revolutionary

They contain a few good songs and battles. Has anybody heard the Bin Laden song with Mos Def? I thought it's quite funny
    ________
    Toyota Liteace history
    Last edited by beardman; 02-01-2011 at 06:44 AM.

Default Go

Quote Originally Posted by Chief 'Broom
    he's dropping "The Middle Passage" this year - although i haven't heard any news about it in a while

Tech said it's gonna be directed towards the state of hip hop and rappers, not politics - he's gonna drop vol. 3 when he feels like commenting on some shit that's going on

Tech has stepped his game up with his flow, if you've heard any of his work since vol.2
    He definatly improved his production since Rev Vol 2. However it's still far from great.

I can't wait till someone like Havoc produces his albums...
    ________
    Suzuki GSX-R250
    Last edited by beardman; 02-01-2011 at 06:45 AM.

He's amazin flow, he has a lot dope songs like Dance With The Devil (great lyrics), Point Of No Return, Dominant Species, Peruvian Cocaine, Positive Balances.. and he can freestyle well
    Prepare for the Prophecy...

ya hes nice, but his music gets boring after a while. Its real straight forward
    aint no half steppin

he should get better productions.

Quote Originally Posted by beardman
    Hi there,

What do you think of Immortal Technique? I think he is one of the most talented mc's ever. For people who don't know him yet, you should really get his second album: Revolutionary vol 2.

His songs aren't about bitch*s, cars and money.. He keeps it real. I think he is the future of rap.

I'm curious what you guys think about him.
    Raekwon and Ghostface have songs about bitches cars and money in the Gambino Era, it ain't a bad thing. Personally i think he's a fuckin douche, but a very talented MC. His opinions are annoying, and he REALLY hammers down on the USA government for all these conspiracy theories, but not the North Korean government, which, if yoyu haven't noticed, is worst then the US gov. Or the Sudanesse governement, which is operating a genocide on blacks, but somehow the US goverment is worst. Basically he would be shitting on FDR in the 30's but not Hitler, just cause he's American, and he is a first generation american, meaning if it was so bad he could go back to his parents home, Peru and settle down without a problem, or maybe even North Korea if communisms so great like he says. It's hard to judge him on skill alone cause his skill is laced with this gayness, i left a thread about it a long time ago and it was like, the most controversial thing in Wu-corp history cause backpackers are gay.

Shaolin,

First off, as far as I know he was born in Peru. He's technically not a first generation American. Secondly, he isn't saying America is really hell on Earth. In 'Freedom of Speech' he says "I love the place that I live, but hate the people in charge." Just cause America is the 'leader of the free world' doesn't mean you shouldn't push it to further excellence, and stop pointing out problems. Sure the rest of the world is fucked up, but realistically alot of it does tie into America's desire to spread democracies, but more importantly to expand their markets.
    God is a man-eater. For this reason, men are sacrificed to him. Before men were sacrificed, animals were being sacrificed, since those to whom they were sacrificed were not gods.
    -Gopsel of Philip

/\ True, Read "Cocaine: An Unauthorized Biography" by Dominic Streathfield or something like that. They lay out how a lot of American foreign policy is resposible for how horrible some of the living conditions are in South America.