once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: Remember Vanity & Sheila E?

-

Default Remember Vanity & Sheila E?

These black women singers were hot back in the early 80's. Vanity used to be in a group called Vanity 6 and they had the hit song Nasty Girl. She did some solo albums but they didn't do well. Then she did movies like The Last Dragon and Action Jackson. She was a serious drug user and she almost died from a drug overdose. She's a evangelist now and she has her own website denisematthews.com. Ya'll should check it out. I've emailed her a few times and she responded back. She told me she's writing a book about her life and she's gonna let me know when the book is coming out. She doesn't like to be reminded of her past because i told her how big a fan i was of her's when i was a kid and she said she didn't wanna talk about her past because it brings back bad memories. She was so cute back in the day and she still is cute. I've seen some recent pictures of her at her website. Sheila E had the hit songs The Glamorous Life and A Love Bizarre back in the 80's. She's a hell of a drum player too. She can get down on the drums. She was in the classic rap movie Krush Groove. She's always been a cutiepie to me too. I saw her not too long ago in Ebony magazine and she's still attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    These black women singers were hot back in the early 80's. Vanity used to be in a group called Vanity 6 and they had the hit song Nasty Girl. She did some solo albums but they didn't do well. Then she did movies like The Last Dragon and Action Jackson. She was a serious drug user and she almost died from a drug overdose. She's a evangelist now and she has her own website denisematthews.com. Ya'll should check it out. I've emailed her a few times and she responded back. She told me she's writing a book about her life and she's gonna let me know when the book is coming out. She doesn't like to be reminded of her past because i told her how big a fan i was of her's when i was a kid and she said she didn't wanna talk about her past because it brings back bad memories. She was so cute back in the day and she still is cute. I've seen some recent pictures of her at her website. Sheila E had the hit songs The Glamorous Life and A Love Bizarre back in the 80's. She's a hell of a drum player too. She can get down on the drums. She was in the classic rap movie Krush Groove. She's always been a cutiepie to me too. I saw her not too long ago in Ebony magazine and she's still attractive.
    man both of them were hot back in the day!!!! i give the bnoth of them props especially Ms. Matthews. she changed her life around from all of the drugs and near death experience. SHelia E. is my all-time fav.!!!!! she still can get down on the drums!!!! man The Last Dragon and Krush Groove are classic movies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. i will check out Denise Matthews website and send her a email cuz she's now a true inspiration in my life now that she's a evangelist

Prince hooked them up...or he turned them out, I don't know which.

Somebody should start a Prince thread.