once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: Why exactly is it?

Default Why exactly is it?

Why exactly is it that MF Grimm is in a wheelchair? I know that I read this before but I can't remember. Also, what ya'll think about the beef that is going on between him an Doom? Not to talk beef , but this is pretty weird between them two right now.

one.

Percy Carey, better known as GM (Grand Masta) Grimm and formerly as MF (Mad Flows) Grimm, and also as Superstar Jet Jaguar or simply Jet Jaguar, is an underground rapper from Manhattan in New York City. In the early 1990s, he was known as The Grimm Reaper and was part of The Gravediggaz rap group (not to be confused with the Wu-Tang affilliated Gravediggaz). Grimm worked alongside his DJ, Roc Raida of X-ecutioners. He also collaborated with hip-hop legends like Kool G Rap and KMD.

Grimm was an experienced battle rapper and placed at the World Supremacy Battle of 1993. That year, he released his first 12” single, So Whatcha Want Nigga? and performed at the Jack The Rapper convention on Execution Night, sharing the stage with Lady of Rage, Tupac, and Dogg Pound, in Atlanta.

He was approached by several major labels and may have been on the road to stardom when he was shot eleven times the following year in an attempt to kill him.

The wounds blinded, deafened and paralyzed him from the neck down. Doctors had evaluated that these senses would remain null to him for the rest of his life. However, Grimm fought back and miraculously recovered and won back his sight, hearing, and speech, but will be forever confined to a wheelchair. During his hospitalization, he wrote Scars and Memories, an album that is now considered a classic. He went on to release several 12" singles on the Fondle 'Em label and also collaborated with MF DOOM on an EP released by Brick Records entitled Special Herbs & Spices Volume 1, but has since that time grown into a beef with DOOM.

Thanx WMK. So... the whole time that Grimm worked with Doom and all, he was in the wheelchair? Also, I have heard that its back to MF and not GM.idk

yes hes mf grimm again but that bio looks like the one on his site

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity tha God
    Thanx WMK. So... the whole time that Grimm worked with Doom and all, he was in the wheelchair? Also, I have heard that its back to MF and not GM.idk
    He's both and no Grimm used to fuck with Doom when he was Zev Love X in KMD. That was before he was in the wheelchair. Also some of Scars and Memories was written and recorded before he was shot. So what you want? was before his shootting I know that and I believe the Doom produced Take Em War was...I'm not exactly sure on that one. But there are a couple I believe.

haha. two gravediggaz, two Grimm/Grym reapers

Quote Originally Posted by crass
    haha. two gravediggaz, two Grimm/Grym reapers

haha, it was a very good year! Frank talked about gettin some. Thats wild for back in the day.