once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: A Tribe Called Quest Is On Tour Now

-

Default A Tribe Called Quest Is On Tour Now

I saw a article in the newspaper about them a few weeks ago. They're only touring in 14 cities. Did ya'll hear about this?

no but i'm interested in finding out more about this.

from some xbox website:

2K Sports, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., today announced the reuniting of legendary hip hop act, A Tribe Called Quest, to headline the first leg of the 2nd Annual 2K Sports Bounce Tour in 15 cities. This marks A Tribe Called Quest’s first tour in over half a decade. In addition to headlining the tour, an exclusive track from the group will appear on the upcoming ‘Dan The Automator Presents 2K7’ soundtrack with Phife Dawg appearing as a playable character. Joining A Tribe Called Quest on this historic national tour is Rhymefest.

Comprised of Phife Dawg, Q-Tip, and Ali Shaheed Muhammad, A Tribe Called Quest is known as one of the most intelligent and artistic rap groups of the ‘90s with four solid albums and a string of hip-hop classics prior to their 1998 break-up. This heavily anticipated reunion marks one of the top hip-hop happenings of the year.
    “I’m excited for me and my group to be a part of the 2K Sports Bounce Tour,” said Phife from A Tribe Called Quest. “It’s a win-win situation for Tribe because we get to be a part of such a dope game, and we get to reach out and touch our fans in these 15 cities. I couldn't ask for a better opportunity. Also, I’m excited because everyone knows I am a sports nut, so being down with the game and also being a character in the game is crazy to me.”

The 2nd Annual 2K Bounce Tour is the latest addition to 2K Sports’ series of annual live events that bridge hip-hop, sports and video game culture by featuring renowned music artists, sports gaming kiosks, projection vignettes and celebrity and professional athlete appearances. The tour will take place in more than a dozen top markets throughout the month of September, with details posted at http://2ksports.com/go/bounce/.

Tour Dates (first leg):

Sept 8 - Las Vegas NV
    Sept 9 - Berkeley CA
    Sept 10 - Los Angeles CA
    Sept 13 - Denver CO
    Sept 15 - Chicago IL
    Sept 16 - Milwaukee WI
    Sept 17 - Toronto ON
    Sept 20 - Baltimore MD
    Sept 22 - Washington DC
    Sept 23 - Atlanta GA
    Sept 24 - Lake Buena Vista FL
    Sept 28 - Atlantic City NJ
    Sept 29 - Worcester MA
    Oct 1 - Sayreville NJ
    Oct 5 – TBA, NY

WuTang is the Foundation smokebongoncliff's Avatar

i cant wait till they come to chicago yo.

Now yo yo, whattup yo, time is runnin out. It's for real though, let's connect politic - ditto. We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases. Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces

Yeah the advance to the Q-Tip the Rennaisance dropped too.
    There's certain tricks of the trade to try and hault your defeat//Like taking tupperware to an "all you can eat"//Returning used shit for new saying you lost your receipt//And writing four figure checks when your accounts deplete//Then all your problems pile up about a mile up//Thinkin about a partner you can dial up to help you out this foul stuff//Whole family sleepin on a futon while you're clippin coupons//Eatin salad tryin to get full off the croutons

WuTang is the Foundation smokebongoncliff's Avatar

^how is it

Now yo yo, whattup yo, time is runnin out. It's for real though, let's connect politic - ditto. We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases. Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces

Quote Originally Posted by smokebongoncliff View Post
    ^how is it
    Havent downloaded it. Was going to but dont have enough room left on my computer and I might be getting a new one soon so no use downloading it now... Ill send you the link if you want.
    There's certain tricks of the trade to try and hault your defeat//Like taking tupperware to an "all you can eat"//Returning used shit for new saying you lost your receipt//And writing four figure checks when your accounts deplete//Then all your problems pile up about a mile up//Thinkin about a partner you can dial up to help you out this foul stuff//Whole family sleepin on a futon while you're clippin coupons//Eatin salad tryin to get full off the croutons

Got my tickets 2 weeks ago

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

the always leave out jarobi...good to hear they at it again

I'll be @ the Chicago show