once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: The Constant Gardener

Default The Constant Gardener

Any one else see this? If not you owe it to yourself to check it out. A very brave and amazingly-directed film by the same man who brought us City of God.

Support the Real. Click HERE

review Pronay?
    amazon keeps throwing it at me in my Email, and i'm skeptical about it, even when it comes to reading the user reviews

I thought it was horrible, but if you're interested in it you should probably see it
    What aspect of the movie bothered you? I liked that it tried to shine a light on what the pharmacutical (sp?) companies are doing in Africa. I liked how the director, don't remember his name, created a real intimate feel w/ the camera with a lot of close in shots. The very last shot, when the little kids are running and they look so happy under such miserable conditions, it left me thinkin to myself "That right there is the reason for the struggle." I'm fairly picky about the movies I sit down and actually watch. To me, this was a good one.

word^. Maybe hype had something to do with it as well. I had no idea what the movie was about when my wife rented it. I know how expectations can cause things to seem extra shitty if they let you down. Kinda like the way the Matrix series ended.

word. i heard good things about this movie. i'll probably check it out on demand or something. rachel weisz won the best supporting actor oscar for her performance.