Thread: Background Tracks on wu and nas

Default Background Tracks on wu and nas

ok, a few questions about background music on tracks, pardon my ignorance but i want to find this out:

at the start of "spot rusherz" of ob4cl, what is the song in the back at the start, i know this is probably obvious but i dont think ive heard it before

the track at the beginning of "the genesis" off illmatic, i think it might be that first track nas was on but im not sure

also on "the genesis" whats the beat playing throughout it? is it from an actual track.

these may be stupid questions but the answers would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by illstatiq. View Post
    ok, a few questions about background music on tracks, pardon my ignorance but i want to find this out:

at the start of "spot rusherz" of ob4cl, what is the song in the back at the start, i know this is probably obvious but i dont think ive heard it before

the track at the beginning of "the genesis" off illmatic, i think it might be that first track nas was on but im not sure

also on "the genesis" whats the beat playing throughout it? is it from an actual track.

these may be stupid questions but the answers would be much appreciated.
    If you are talking about the track thats on the intro of Illmatic then that isn't a song but rather part of the score from the opening sequence of the classic hip hop movie wild style.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

yoo, the track in the back of genesis (street's disciple, my raps are trifle, i shoots slugs from my brain just like a rifle stampede the stage i leave the microphone split play mr tuffy while im on some pretty tone shit verbal assassin my architect pleases............ and so on) is Live At The Barbecue by Main Source ft nas and a couple others, it was one of nas's first recorded verses

live at the barbecue, sick song in fact, the whole Breaking Atoms cd is good

heres the song http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...C83EF973D64AE0

Quote Originally Posted by illstatiq. View Post

its called St. Ide's Commercial. they did a commercial for it way back in the day. i think you can download it in the media section of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by clairvoyant View Post
    And no questions is a dumb one, dont let these wu-hedz intimidate u...peace
    and true to that. i remember i got bombarded by assholes (Create, WADE-Dynamite) when i asked this question. peace

yeah, its the St. Ides commercial. It's actually pretty dope for a 30 second song. And yeah, it is in the media section of this site.

MF grimm was gonna be also on Live @ the barbecue, but he didn't make it...

something about a shooting or something like that, not sure though...

Just wanted to let you know, peace!
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...

thanks for the responses + the link to the nas track. i had a feeling it was that first track he had been on.

and with the wu thing, i thought it must be something off an album which im just missing, good to see it isnt.

cheers.