once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 73 of 100 FirstFirst ... 23637071727374757683 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1496

Thread: The official MMA thread

  1. #1081

    Default

    The fight was close, and it's not like one fighter clearly won the fight. Which makes me laugh how am reading this was the worst decision in UFC history, like really? Have people just started watching UFC?

  2. #1082
    Deadly Venom 100pr00f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,630
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    For a contender to win a title fight they will have to do a lot more to take that belt. You cant win 2 rounds or even 2.5 rounds and win. maybe even 3 rounds. you need to dominate all rounds if you dont ko or make the belt holder to tap

    personally i give GSP 3 rounds to 2 rounds

    first round Hendricks won but not by much... he dominated in most strikes 60 or so to 20 from gsp

    2nd round Hendricks lost a step and gsp thew more strikes but not by much gsp took Hendricks down

    3rd round and only round where a fighter completely dominated another fighter. GSP threw over 80 strikes and hendricks with only 20 and only 10 landed. Hendricks was completely gassed and his punches had nothing on them. I think this is were GSp almost knocked Hendricks down with a leg kick ...GSP laded several head kicks as
    well

    4th round. Hendrecks came back but didnt completely dominate GSP he just took him down and stayed on top only to throw a few good hits the majority of the round

    5th round GSP took it with a few take downs and a submission attempt. both fighters did their thing on the stand up with both taking good blows and taking them

    over all pretty close fight. Wish GSP did did better. He wasn't moving his head to whole fight and a he should of threw more kicks and more take downs especially the 2nd round and 4th rounds

    Hendricks had some great power punches and almost looked like he would win the first round but just lost his endurance after that round and slowly went downhill in that department while gsp looked liked he could go for another 3 or 5 rounds after the fight. Both fighters have a great chin

  3. #1083

    Default

    Next up is UFC 168 Chris Weidman vs Anderson Silva. I want the spider to win, but I won't be surprised if he lost.

  4. #1084
    BBW SLAYER GRANDMASSIVE.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    WASHINGTON D.C. , VA CATS
    Posts
    1,915
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Last nights card was pretty good. I knew that Woodley & Lawler would win, they looked impressive. I think they should fight next. The Rashad vs Sonnen fight was disappointing. The GSP vs Hendricks was crazy! GSP is my fav fighter but I was betting on Hendricks to win. Johnny landed more of the power shots and defended well against the champ but I think that George landed more accurate shots and he did just enough to sway the judges for the victory. The fight could've gone either way really, I don't think that because GSP's face was messed up is a reason to say he lost. He bruises easily, he got beat up but not beat.
    I said this to my niggaz yesterday after the fight, "the challenger will never beat the champ by descision in LAS VEGAS."

  5. #1085
    N.I. chiba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kobe, Japan
    Posts
    3,540
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 100pr00f View Post
    For a contender to win a title fight they will have to do a lot more to take that belt. You cant win 2 rounds or even 2.5 rounds and win. maybe even 3 rounds. you need to dominate all rounds if you dont ko or make the belt holder to tap

    personally i give GSP 3 rounds to 2 rounds

    first round Hendricks won but not by much... he dominated in most strikes 60 or so to 20 from gsp

    2nd round Hendricks lost a step and gsp thew more strikes but not by much gsp took Hendricks down

    3rd round and only round where a fighter completely dominated another fighter. GSP threw over 80 strikes and hendricks with only 20 and only 10 landed. Hendricks was completely gassed and his punches had nothing on them. I think this is were GSp almost knocked Hendricks down with a leg kick ...GSP laded several head kicks as
    well

    4th round. Hendrecks came back but didnt completely dominate GSP he just took him down and stayed on top only to throw a few good hits the majority of the round

    5th round GSP took it with a few take downs and a submission attempt. both fighters did their thing on the stand up with both taking good blows and taking them

    over all pretty close fight. Wish GSP did did better. He wasn't moving his head to whole fight and a he should of threw more kicks and more take downs especially the 2nd round and 4th rounds

    Hendricks had some great power punches and almost looked like he would win the first round but just lost his endurance after that round and slowly went downhill in that department while gsp looked liked he could go for another 3 or 5 rounds after the fight. Both fighters have a great chin

    plus 1 for this and for what hectics wrote!!

    On point! I'm sick of everyone saying Hendricks got robbed!
    Only thing convincing about Hendricks was his celebration at the end of the bout !
    Giving someone a bloody face doesn't mean you won the bout.


    with GSP looking like hes retired the belt is up for grabs
    Condit & Hendricks look like the next successors

    courtesy of Bobby_Digital72


    Non Ignorants

  6. #1086
    BBW SLAYER GRANDMASSIVE.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    WASHINGTON D.C. , VA CATS
    Posts
    1,915
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Antonio Bigfoot Silva vs Mark Hunt. Im taking Hunt on this 1, he's a fat boy (not like Roy Nelson) but he's got knockout power & Bigfoots chin is ?able.

  7. #1087

    Default

    diaz fucked maynard up! didnt know he had ko power like that.



    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.

  8. #1088
    BBW SLAYER GRANDMASSIVE.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    WASHINGTON D.C. , VA CATS
    Posts
    1,915
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Bigfoot vs Hunt fight was 1 of the best heavyweight fights Ive ever seen. It was back & forth the whole way, bothe were bloodied up like hell. I cant believe it went all 5 rounds, I had Hunt winning it but Im not mad about the draw at all.

  9. #1089
    N.I. chiba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kobe, Japan
    Posts
    3,540
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    This FRIDAY- GSP will officially state if he will RETIRE or REMATCH / CONTINUE

    courtesy of Bobby_Digital72


    Non Ignorants

  10. #1090

    Default

    Anyone going to watch UFC this Saturday?

  11. #1091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hectis View Post
    Anyone going to watch UFC this Saturday?
    Maybe. Half the names I don't recognize or don't remember watching.

    - Does anyone care about the flyweight division?
    - Can't stand Faber.
    - Lauzon and Danzig are one of the only worthwhile fights. Half of me just wants to see what intro music Danzig comes out too.
    - Sam Stout needs to get back on a winning streak. Chalking up way too many losses. I guess easier said then done with the competition. If he wasn't such a class act, would he still be in the UFC with a 7-6 record in the UFC?
    - I probably should remember Chad Mendes since he's fought some tough fights.

    Card is alright but no match-ups I'm dying to see.
    Last edited by madchild; 12-12-2013 at 09:58 AM.

  12. #1092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiba View Post
    This FRIDAY- GSP will officially state if he will RETIRE or REMATCH / CONTINUE
    I honestly don't even want to see a re-match. Hendricks was a dipshit and cocky in the Post-Fight Press Conference saying he only gave it 70%. Well, then maybe you should of gave it 100% and you wouldn't have lost hot dog! At this point, I vaguely remember the fight and it probably should have gone Hendricks way. It sucks that you have to beat the champ in dominating fashion to get a win but that's the way it is. If this was the old UFC where you fought multiple times in a night, GSP wouldn't be champion. He looks like shit after every fight, even though he plays it safe.

    Dana White is also a dipshit in thinking GSP owes him and/or the UFC to continue fighting. Let the man start the second chapter of his life and take some time off if need be. This isn't golf. The amount of brain trauma being seen in the news from other sports these days is soon to carry over to MMA. This is pretty obvious and shouldn't make headlines. Anyways, hope he just relinquishes his belt and do what he needs to do right now.

  13. #1093
    Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Depths of Shaolin
    Posts
    77,780,496
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MANTIS69 View Post
    Bigfoot vs Hunt fight was 1 of the best heavyweight fights Ive ever seen. It was back & forth the whole way, bothe were bloodied up like hell. I cant believe it went all 5 rounds, I had Hunt winning it but Im not mad about the draw at all.

    I thought Hunt won this fight. He was definitely the aggressor and took BigFoot down several times. WTF?

  14. #1094

    Default

    heavywieght fights are the most boring shit ever. if i want to watch to overgrown steriod freaks smash into each other ill watch football. boring. they are too big to have much technique. boxing also. besides tyson. that mother fucker was a surgeon.



    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.

  15. #1095

    Default

    Jus Allah's promotion skills are rubbing off on Mac Danzig. Link

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •