once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 62 of 100 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572 ... LastLast

Thread: The official MMA thread

Chris Weidman just pwned Mark Munoz with a perfectly timed elbow.......he's 5-0 now in the UFC, and 9-0 overall.

Prob going to be ANderson's next opponent.
    Last edited by KATO; 07-11-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Griselda Dinner Plates Brick Thunderbird's Avatar

Weidman looked great out there tonight. He dominated Munoz on the ground which was very impressive, and the elbow was sweet. The referee stopped the fight late as hell though.

Despite his run, I doubt he gets the next shot. I'd still like to see him get one more win under his belt. The next contender will become more clear soon. People were talking about Lombard possibly getting the shot if he wins his next fight, but Id want him to build his UFC resume a little more. I think that the winner between Bisping and whoever he fights next (Stann or Belcher) will likely get the nod. We shall see though.
    "Return to earth as a person, only to see you mouse niggas running from the serpent" - Jus Allah

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GHETTO GOD View Post

those are the nude photos? everything is out of view lol

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

YEA THAT RONDA CHICK IS BONEABLE

, SO IS THAT MIESHA TATE EVEN THOUGH SHE HAS A SNOZE

BUT THE BEST MMA SLUT GOES TO GINA

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Barry View Post
    Weidman looked great out there tonight. He dominated Munoz on the ground which was very impressive, and the elbow was sweet. The referee stopped the fight late as hell though.
    Yea I dunno wtf was wrong with Josh Rosenthal last night. Normally I think he's a decent ref, but wtf happened?! Waaaaaay too late. I still think Mario Yamasaki is the best ref personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Barry View Post
    Despite his run, I doubt he gets the next shot. I'd still like to see him get one more win under his belt. The next contender will become more clear soon. People were talking about Lombard possibly getting the shot if he wins his next fight, but Id want him to build his UFC resume a little more. I think that the winner between Bisping and whoever he fights next (Stann or Belcher) will likely get the nod. We shall see though.
    I really hope Stann doesn't get a title shot if he wins his fight. I'm so sick of the hype this dude gets because he used to serve in the military; so F-ing what? I've never been impressed with Stann, especially the fight against Sonnen where Sonnen absolutely raped him. If Sonnen utterly massacred Stann the way he did, what chance does Stann think he has against Anderson? I just don't see it happening. Bisping on the other hand I'd be interested to see; Bisping isn't one of my overall fav fighters, but he certainly surprises me sometimes, and I'd be more in-tune to see him fight Anderson over Stann.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    those are the nude photos? everything is out of view lol
    XD I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by COLUMBIANA View Post
    YEA THAT RONDA CHICK IS BONEABLE

, SO IS THAT MIESHA TATE EVEN THOUGH SHE HAS A SNOZE

BUT THE BEST MMA SLUT GOES TO GINA

Unfortunately Gina is basically retired. She has no plans of returning now that she's got an acting gig. I'd bang ll 3 of them though 4sho

what are some good matches with cung le?

^
    - Cung Le vs Frank Shamrock
    - Cung Le vs Scott Smith (both matches)
    - Cung Le vs Sammy Morgan

he's only had 10 MMA bouts, and all of them have been in STRIKEFORCE with the exception of the Wanderlei Silva nd Patrick Cote bouts being in the UFC, so it's not bad to see all of his fights......

t's going down! Fighting Melvin Guillard at UFC 150 in Denver! Tix on sale now at TicketHorse . Thnx 2 Melvin for stepping up!

http://twitter.com/Cowboycerrone/sta...95850034790400

Former WWE champion Batista makes MMA debut on Oct. 6 against Rashid Evans

It's been A LONG time in the making ... but former WWE heavyweight champion Batista has FINALLY booked his first real deal MMA fight ... TMZ has learned.

Batista has been training to get in the ring for years ... and got REALLY close to fighting in the Strikeforce league back in 2010 -- but the deal fell apart.

But now it's on for real -- the 43-year-old powerhouse signed with the CES MMA league -- and is all set up to fight on October 6 at the Duncan Doughnuts Theater in Providence, Rhode Island.

We're told Batista -- 6'6" and 290 lbs -- will square up against some dude named Rashid Evans ... not to be confused with UFC hurt-maker Rashad Evans.

Sources connected to the deal tell us ... the fight WILL be televised ... but it's unclear which provider will broadcast the fight.

At his age and with is lack of experience, I can't imagine he'll even be competitive against anyone who isn't a glorified can with little to no actual skill. That said, I have no idea who Rashid Evans is and whether or not he will pose a challenge or just be a warm body to get Batista comfortable in his new digs. According to Sherdog, he's 6'2'', 225-pounds and has never fought professionally. As an amateur, he amassed a 1-2 record with one 10 second knockout win and two decision losses.

So Luke Rockhold retained his title, and Nate Marquardt is the new STRIKEFORCE Welterweight champ.

Not that any1 cares, because STRIKEFORCE is like a bad joke now unfortunately......

you know your promotion has gone down the shitter when only 4 reporters show up at the press-conference, and your lightweight champ has no other competition in the division other than "1 guy" so they keep matching you up against him.......that's right folks, STRIKEFORCE is in talks with Gilbert Melendez/Josh Thompson 4..........*sigh*

I hate this because STRIKEFORCE had real potential, and I like Scott Coker as a promoter....he genuinely seems like a very profesional, smart guy.

The roster used to be so much better too:

Fedor Emelieanenko
    Nick Diaz
    Gilbert Melendez
    Jake Shields
    Andrei Arlovski
    JOsh Barnett
    Frank Shamrock
    Cung Le
    King Mo
    Brett Rogers
    Alisair Overeem
    Fabricio Werdum
    Robbie Lawler
    Dan Henderson
    Nate Marquardt
    Renato "Babalu" Sobral

now every1 is either washed up, left the promotion for UFC, or just fell off the face of the earth.
    Last edited by KATO; 07-15-2012 at 07:47 AM.

being a STRIKEFORCE champion is like holding one of the ABC titles in boxing it's no big deal

^ exactly

Griselda Dinner Plates Brick Thunderbird's Avatar

Lorenz Larkin looked real good last night against Robbie Lawler. I was impressed. That Marquardt finish was crazy violent. Woodley is usually kind of boring, but Nate forced him to fight.
    "Return to earth as a person, only to see you mouse niggas running from the serpent" - Jus Allah

^ I only saw the main events, I'll have to check out the Lawler match.