once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 18 of 100 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920212868 ... LastLast

Thread: The official MMA thread

Great UFC, Machida vs Shogun especially. It was like physical chess and the perfect match to show someone for a MMA demonstration. The decision for this match was a little puzzling. It was CLOSE however. Some people are exaggerating it like it was a clean sweep match, but really it that is reaching. However, I disagree with the decision. I called it 3-2 for Shogun. His gameplan was brilliant, and its amazing no other fighter has tried to fight Machida that way before.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

clearly the muy thai defeated tht karate man shogun gave it to him!
    WE ARE DISCUSSING THE END OF THE WORLD-OR HOW TO DELAY IT.

shogun should of won; it was close but a unanimous decision for Machida, C'MON SON!
    Ozmosis X Big Pun: The Punisher

[+]Facebook [+]Bandcamp [+]SoundCloud [+]Tumblr

for what I hear there will be a rematch

y'all are buggin.

Shogun won two rounds at most. The only round he clearly won was the last one. Machida won the first 2 easy, the third would have gone to Shogun, but he got beasted in the last 00:30. round 4 was close.

Shogun definitely put up a good fight and a unanimous decision was a surprise, but I'm sayin that Lyoto won the fight no matter how you look at it. Shogun had a good strategy and his kicking game was hard half the time, I think he deserves a rematch for sure, but Machida won the technical side of the fight, which is how he wins all of his decisions. Ignore joe rogan creaming his panties every time Shogun threw a kick and just watch the action; Machida gets in more hits and stayed smart and calculated for most of the fight.
    Last edited by 5hundred&one; 10-25-2009 at 09:06 PM.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Lesnar has to pull out of his next fight, because of an illness.

I was not sold brock was going to win his next fight

machida vs shogun was a great technical fight. if i saw that in the street id give it to shogun cuz at the end of the fight machida was hurt more. but yea you got to BEAT the champ to be champ.

definite rematch is needed

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by 501 Gold View Post
    y'all are buggin.

Shogun won two rounds at most. The only round he clearly won was the last one. Machida won the first 2 easy, the third would have gone to Shogun, but he got beasted in the last 00:30. round 4 was close.

Shogun definitely put up a good fight and a unanimous decision was a surprise, but I'm sayin that Lyoto won the fight no matter how you look at it. Shogun had a good strategy and his kicking game was hard half the time, I think he deserves a rematch for sure, but Machida won the technical side of the fight, which is how he wins all of his decisions. Ignore joe rogan creaming his panties every time Shogun threw a kick and just watch the action; Machida gets in more hits and stayed smart and calculated for most of the fight.
    thank you, jesus fuckin christ people are crying over this fight way too much, and today i figured out what it is, watch the fight with sound/commentators, then turn your sound off and watch the fight again, you'll see why judges made the decisions that they did, i'm not saying machida dominated shogun, but he beat him fair and square

and yes, i'd like to see a re-match too

Fingerblasting Champ Teh KillaBee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Lesnar has to pull out of his next fight, because of an illness.
    he's suffering from a prolapsed anus and midget testicles

Shogun's gonna whip that ass next time, they should feed him Forrest first, help clear up any misconceptions about what a murderer he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    Are you fucking happy now?! I can't believe I have to post a picture of my shit in order to shut you faggots up! And this is me!

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

I would have been happy for either fighter to have won as they are both anazing fighters (shogun was in pride and now is again) - but it sucks balls that the fight turned out that way

It will be interesting to see how both fighters adjust and what they will do differently in the rematch but Machida's invincibility has taken a big hit

Quote Originally Posted by PALEHORSE View Post
    machida vs shogun was a great technical fight. if i saw that in the street id give it to shogun cuz at the end of the fight machida was hurt more. but yea you got to BEAT the champ to be champ.

definite rematch is needed
    the rampage/griffin fight saids other wise, but the past is the past
    Ozmosis X Big Pun: The Punisher

[+]Facebook [+]Bandcamp [+]SoundCloud [+]Tumblr

i tell u what tho..sho gave a fight...first time some one took the 1st round from machida
    did wanna see a ko

when the fuck does gsp fight ...

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

gsp is injured so wont fight until next year

Quote Originally Posted by 100pr00f View Post
    first time some one took the 1st round from machida
    that is a victory in its self