once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 77 of 100 FirstFirst ... 27677475767778798087 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1496

Thread: The official MMA thread

Quote Originally Posted by chiba View Post
    Shogun vs hendo 2 confimed!!

Anderson silva vs Roy Jones jr
    once anderson heals up, it will be his first fight
    Are they signed to fight, or do you just think they will?

^ Not sure how you can be that excited about Shogun and Hendo these days...

Pretty decent fight card tonight.

UFC Fight Night | Sat. Jan. 25

My Predictions

Walt Harris vs Nikita Krylov
    George Sullivan vs Mike Rhodes
    Daron Cruickshank vs Mike Rio
    Junior Hernandez vs Hugo Viana
    Chico Camus vs Yaotzin Meza
    Eddie Wineland vs Yves Jabouin
    Alex Caceres vs Sergio Pettis
    Darren Elkins vs Jeremy Stephens
    Donald Cerrone vs Adriano Martins
    Stipe Miocic vs Gabriel Gonzago
    Benson Henderson vs Josh Thomson

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

^LOL
    thats PPV worthy right there!!

Apparently its official. Saw it on some brazilian news show.
    Hendo just signed a new deal with the UFC, what sucks is that Hendo had to take a pay cut to continue on with the UFC.

Anybody catch the Bendo vs Thompson fight?
    result was retty GSP-esque if you ask me.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Hendo just signed a new deal with the UFC, what sucks is that Hendo had to take a pay cut to continue on with the UFC.
    You're surprised? He's on a 3-fight losing streak. Hendo is a Hall of Famer, but most fighters get the pink slip after that. Although, with Silva's future questionable, Hendo's time is up as a possible champ at 43 in my opinion. He's always dangerous and there's probably going to be some changes of the belt before we see another dominating Middleweight fighter. I think Vitor will grab it and hold it for a bit though. Hendo doesn't have a chance if his goal is Light-Heavyweight.

Anybody catch the Bendo vs Thompson fight?
    result was retty GSP-esque if you ask me.
    Thomson got robbed of the win. If they didn't show Thomson's corner after the first, it would be hard to even know he had a broken thumb. I think he broke it on the first kick Henderson through in the fight that he tried to check with his hand. Thomson was on his back practically half the fight trying to submit him. Thomson won round 1, 2, and 4. I really thought Benson was going to come into this fight hungry to impress but he looked GSP-esque. He definitely dominated Round 3, took 5, and Round 2 was the questionable factor I guess.

It's probably fixed that the Pettis vs Henderson trilogy has to happen. They keep saying Pettis needs to take some easy fights before Benson but I don't see how that's possible when he holds the title and Benson is next in line.

I'm getting a bit tired of hearing the retirement questions in Post-Fight Interviews. If Dana can convince Thomson to keep going, he'll probably have at least 2 more fights before a title shot which sucks (unless fighters ahead of him get injured).

Round 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

There were some awesome head kicks in the last UFC.

Last edited by madchild; 01-28-2014 at 01:16 AM.

prelims were better then the main fights. The Henderson Fight wasnt that great to watch.

Barrao & Aldo made easy work of their opponents. They looked ready as always. Good to see Overeem win & improving his cardio game to not gas out so early. He called out Brock too. Overall not a bad PPV.

Quote Originally Posted by MANTIS69 View Post
    Barrao & Aldo made easy work of their opponents. They looked ready as always. Good to see Overeem win & improving his cardio game to not gas out so early. He called out Brock too. Overall not a bad PPV.
    I don't get why he called out Brock when Brock is not even in UFC anymore, and why not call out someone who beat you?

Quote Originally Posted by hectis View Post
    I don't get why he called out Brock when Brock is not even in UFC anymore, and why not call out someone who beat you?
    Doesn't make any sense since he already beat him. I think I recall Dana in past interviews say that Brock is all better now and wants to return to the ring. Overeem has a lot of fights under his belt. He should be pushing towards a title fight and should be fighting Stipe Miocic, Daniel Cormier, or Travis Browne next. I don't think he's earned fighting #1, 2, or 3 next.

Quote Originally Posted by madchild View Post
    Doesn't make any sense since he already beat him. I think I recall Dana in past interviews say that Brock is all better now and wants to return to the ring. Overeem has a lot of fights under his belt. He should be pushing towards a title fight and should be fighting Stipe Miocic, Daniel Cormier, or Travis Browne next. I don't think he's earned fighting #1, 2, or 3 next.
    I agree, but the thing about Overeem is am not sure he has improved, or if he just beat a fighter who is well past his best days in Frank Mir. It kind of reminds me of when Chael Sonnen beat Maurício Rua, and how everyone was saying how great he looked, but I was skeptical of the win, because he didn't beat a Shogun in his prime, but a fighter past his prime, but people told me I was wrong, but then look at what happened to him in his next fight vs a fighter who's still at his prime, and I feel that would happen to Reem if he was to fight Cain, or JDS and a few other people.
    Last edited by hectis; 02-03-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Lots of people are pissed about the Urijah Faber/Renan Barao fight saying it was stopped way to early, and maybe it was, however if the referee would have let the fight go on any longer Faber would have just ate punches, and it would have been stopped anyway, because Faber was taking a beating, and it was clear who the better fighter was, but some people say Facer gave a thumb's up that he was ok, but of course a fighter would do that, because they want to pretend there ok, and further more if Cruz would have been able to fight he would have done a lot better, because he's a California man not a California kid.

If Overeem keeps improving his cardio game like he did against Mir, he'll do so much better in his fights instead of being gassed out all the time. I also agree that if the ref didn't stop it when he did in the Faber fight it would eventually would've gotten stopped. He was just eating punches.

Aldo seems to get gassed near the 5th round.
    Its pretty dangerous for him because, usually his opponents are losing or down a round or 2 and need to finish.
    they will come out swinging for the fences in the 5th.

Dana was blasting Overeems performance and his brock lesnar call out.
    If the reem keeps his strategy of conserving his cardio and not getting cocky he will do just fine.
    I dont think Mir will get cut just yet.

Faber was gonna get dealt with regardless.
    Hopefully the next title shot he gets enough time to prepare.
    Real class act in the ring tho. Unlike cough cough hendricks cough
    Last edited by chiba; 02-13-2014 at 03:10 AM.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

I thought I'd check out the Overeem vs Mir fight since you guys are talking about it. I saw the stats for the fight the day of and they were laughable. Frank Mir is durable as hell and is one of the all time best submission artists as a heavyweight but his cardio and striking ability is terrible. I'm surprised that it got out of the first round. He should retire after this fight. Who are they going to match him up with next, another terrible cardio guy like Gonzaga? No one wants to see that. Overeem looked good but lets face it, Mir didn't push his cardio one bit. He needs one more fight before a title shot. At the Post Fight Press Conference, a reporter asked him if he was going to drop-down to Light Heavyweight again. He would have to lose 52 pounds. Listening to the fight, Rogan said Overeem didn't take his clothes off or boots at weigh-ins though.

Faber was getting beatdown but it's happened to him before and he's pulled through it. I honestly think he would of lost if it kept going. Faber wasn't mad at all about the stoppage which showed good class.
    Last edited by madchild; 02-04-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Thiago Silva Arrested, Jailed After Armed Standoff with Police

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ff-with-police

He's always seemed crazy, feel sorry for whoever gets locked up with him..