once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Roots-Game Theory

Veteran Member

Default The Roots-Game Theory

what do yall think of the new roots album? i heard it and im not impressed at all, infact i think its weak, and the only track with replay value is the last track, just want to see if yall like it if youve heard it yet

i liked most of it. i think it has pretty strong replay value. Some tracks are fillers and i might skip them but .....
    All in the Music
    Dont Feel Right
    Game Thoery
    Here i Come
    Take it There
    Those were real standouts
    The reset were average to sort of above but Black Thought came pretty strong IMO
    "When all your money is spent an you still hangin' on to fifty cent, get it, you underground" -KRS-ONE

ive been thinking of copping this album,since i know very little about this group can anyone reccommen which album to cop 1st?
    and should i cop 'the game theory'?

Urban's, Gigy's, Queen's, Roze's wildest dreams

Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    ive been thinking of copping this album,since i know very little about this group can anyone reccommen which album to cop 1st?
    and should i cop 'the game theory'?
    All Things Fall Apart and Illadelph Halflife.These are the only 2 albums I can really get into alltho I haven't heard all of their albums but Game Theory doesn't thrill me

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
    New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
    The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved

Album of the year so far. Easily.
    Wu-Tang Forever

I can't get through it. The beats seem dead or something.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by rubyspirit View Post
    I can't get through it. The beats seem dead or something.

i think you hit that on the nose with that comment as far as the beats are concerned

L~>1<~NKS

IT'Z LIKE THAT? DAMN I LUV THE ROOTS... WELL MEF DEFINETLY WON'T HAVE A PROB. SELLIN THEN, THEN, THEN, TH, TH, THEN

Straight Outta PHX

Album is the best of the year, maybe it's too hard for people to listen to an artist that actually says shit when he rhymes.
    In the world I see, you're stalking elk through the damp canyon forest around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty carpool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

so how's that phrenology album?
    cus thats the one i seem to see the most in record stores if you guys like it i'll get it,im always looking for new artists to check out.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by PDTantisocial View Post
    Album is the best of the year, maybe it's too hard for people to listen to an artist that actually says shit when he rhymes.

thats YOUR opinion, and yeah black thought always has something to say when he rhymes but half of liking hip hop albums to me, is liking the beats and they really arent memorable beats compared to thier work in the past, your opinion isnt the only one that matters brah

Straight Outta PHX

Did I say "it's too hard for you guys"? No, I'm talkin' about people in general, son, don't be jumpin' on me.
    In the world I see, you're stalking elk through the damp canyon forest around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty carpool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by PDTantisocial View Post
    Did I say "it's too hard for you guys"? No, I'm talkin' about people in general, son, don't be jumpin' on me.

my bad man i thought you did write "You Guys" i apologize, peace

Straight Outta PHX

No prob brah

Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    so how's that phrenology album?
    cus thats the one i seem to see the most in record stores if you guys like it i'll get it,im always looking for new artists to check out.

i would warn against getting phrneology, probably the weakest album.

"Things Fall Apart"
    "Illadelph Halflife"
    "Do You Want More?!!!??!"

are their best efforts. i havent heard "organix" though.