once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grymly Poetic had the sickest delivery in hip hop OVERALL

poetic thoroughly outclassed Rza and frukwan on both albums. i think a lot of people fell so deeply in love with Rza's rugged voice and delivery that they totally ignored his lyrics cuz his lyrics were crap on 6 feet deep save constant elevation, mommy whats a gravedigga, graveyard chamber, and diary of a madman.

Rza was leagues better on PSS and was still totally outdone by poetic.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

the RZA was insane lyrically on 6 feet deep too me
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...

all of em r good maybe RZA knew poetic was better and poetic wud never be there to witness RZA out class em and he wud neva get anudda chance just maybe

Poetic is probably my fav member out of gravediggaz, i read on wikipedia that "According to Frukwan, a new album may be released using left over material from Poetic" if thats true that would definitely kickass

I also saw this poetic vid on youtube called "Savior" dope song anyone know what its from?

Heres a link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRaPNiVF0OU
    Last edited by Alcryt; 09-15-2006 at 04:49 PM.

Poetic was ill, but personally I like Frukwan the most.. I know RZA and Poetic was better on the two albums, lyrically, but his delivery.. Seriously, listen to his verse at Here Comes The Gravediggaz.. Not sick lyrics really, but just the flow.. He easily kills the songs he's on..

Quote Originally Posted by DyNaMiTe View Post
    poetic thoroughly outclassed Rza and frukwan on both albums. i think a lot of people fell so deeply in love with Rza's rugged voice and delivery that they totally ignored his lyrics cuz his lyrics were crap on 6 feet deep save constant elevation, mommy whats a gravedigga, graveyard chamber, and diary of a madman.

Rza was leagues better on PSS and was still totally outdone by poetic.
    Rza's lyrics were crap on 6 Feet Deep? Maybe he should talk more about druken kitten's chasing kites and then you would be down with it.

Veteran Member

Loved the guy too...sick flow, nice delivery and insane lyrics
    "Am ancient as Amen"
    R.I.P Grym Reap....Hope you are resurrected as john 5:28,29 says.
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

Quote Originally Posted by Luz7533 View Post
    Rza's lyrics were crap on 6 Feet Deep? Maybe he should talk more about druken kitten's chasing kites and then you would be down with it.
    or maybe he should just spit better lyrics(which he did on PSS) and not try biting someone else's style.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Who's style do you think Rza was biting?

Who's style do you think Rza was biting?
    i was making a comment to you saying he needs to talk about this and that to be better.

You think Warcloud is a better lyricist than GZA so your opinion's are a little skewed when it comes to lyrics.

You think Warcloud is a better lyricist than GZA so your opinion's are a little skewed when it comes to lyrics.
    yes i do, does that bother you?

warcloud and gza are two completely different styles of MCs. i love warcloud and think he's one of the most creative rappers out right now (as far as imagery and word choice) but GZA excels in his own ways. it comes down to what you look for and prefer in an MC.

they're different in that most can understand one and most cant understand the other. it just takes a bit more effort in reading comprehension with warcloud.

i loved RZA on 6FD imo its his best rap performance along with bobby digital in stereo.