Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8 19 Method Man Def Jam/idjmg 32,440 -50%

didn't he want 150K in the first WEEK w/out a single, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKing.nl View Post
    There's no way he'd go gold in 10 weeks.
    Send out some good vibes.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OwnageNinja View Post
    Yung Joc is not Def Jam.
    Thats just an example...of what music is pushed and promoted compared to real Hip hop that is avoided

Def Jam only promotes artists that will go plat that have crossover appeal. Don't understand why anyone would sign w/them(or any major label) unless u plan on making radio friendly hits.
    Wu Tang Forever.

FRESH FISH

despite him having no promotion and no vid and his album sold just under a 100 grand in two weeks, he still gonna drop a couple more albums under def jam, trust me. Mef ain't goin nowhere else for a while, if ghost dropped 2 already and he gonna drop a 3rd one b4 christmas, what makes u think mef gon leave def jam...u know u guys can argue the same shit about The Roots cuz they sold a little less than Meth did, and meth is a solo artist whereas the roots is a group so they ain't gonna make shit all with their album. But what matters most is tours cuz that's where artists make their royalties and plus u got a live performance in front of ur eyes.....

veteren artists these days have a tougher sell when they drop albums cuz their labels are looking more for newer artists or artists that have that cross appeal. U can say the same thing for rock artists, u wont see commercials for bands like Deftones or maybe even Incubus and they've been around for a decade.....

worry more about what u feel instead of about what others feel cuz not everybody gonna like what u like...just go support ur artist whenever he comes to a town near u, thats a must.

Quote Originally Posted by rubyspirit View Post
    Almost 100,000 in two weeks without a video. That's not a flop. At this pace he could go Gold in 10 weeks.

His tour starts Sept. 23. Sales are bound to increase.
    that would be nice but it wont keep up cuz all the ppl that knew about his album are goin to get it within the first 2-3 weeks of its release.

After that it will be practically no sales unless a vid is released or a really accepted single

Mef will reach his goal of 150 k but that will be in the 3-4 week range
    "When all your money is spent an you still hangin' on to fifty cent, get it, you underground" -KRS-ONE

GENERAL WISE

def jam is collecting $$$ without working on promotion (video alone cost around 300k)

does anyone know what tical 0 did its first week? how is that compared to this albums first week?

160K or somthing around there.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

GENERAL WISE

19 35 METHOD MAN DEF JAM/IDJMG 25,257 -22%
    4:21...THE DAY AFTER

so

62k + 32k + 25k = 119k

SMH, never would have thought that Ghost would do in one week, 3 weeks of meth numbers

^^^^Same
    "When all your money is spent an you still hangin' on to fifty cent, get it, you underground" -KRS-ONE

Veteran Member

Hmmmmmmmmmm
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

i think Meth will finish on about 270,000-300,000 by the end of the year. I cant believe he didnt even get one video, that is unheard of! Even on Koch u get a few! Unbeleievable that this is the same guy that had a million dollar video and once did like 450,000 first week! Def Jam surely see the potential, but they wont push him. Its like they let him put out an album he wanted but wont push it. Tical 0 was the album they wanted and they gave that more of a push. They are killing Meth's career this way.
    When the revolution come, you can see me on the frontline
    firing my gun, standing right beside my son
    so when he grows up, he'll understand that i stood for somethin
    when my whole life, they told me i was good for nothin... - Inspectah Deck

Quote Originally Posted by ~GENERAL_WISE~ View Post
    19 35 METHOD MAN DEF JAM/IDJMG 25,257 -22%
    4:21...THE DAY AFTER
    so
    62k + 32k + 25k = 119k

SMH, never would have thought that Ghost would do in one week, 3 weeks of meth numbers
    Ghost did that WITH a video. Mef's numbers will go higher. He starts his tour this weekend.