once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: What's wrong with Jerry Rice

  1. #16

    Default Re: What's wrong with Jerry Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusa
    I think he gonna end up being a 4th option if he don't get cut. I'd rather develop my youngster Darius Watts by giving him some PT at the slot than have Rice at slot. Who probably won't be around next year training camp time.
    I disagree with throwing Rice on the bench. I'd rather have my veteren give the youngster education at the position. Like in Green Bay, Farve is gon to give Aaron Carter a great lesson at that position for his future career.


    Harlem's Finest

  2. #17
    Veteran Member Hayabusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Mississippi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    895
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: What's wrong with Jerry Rice

    Its Aaron Rogers lol. A youngster needs PT and reps way more than tips from Rice which they still can get wit Rice on the bench lol.

  3. #18
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,438
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: What's wrong with Jerry Rice

    Rice already said that this will be his last season.

  4. #19

    Default Re: What's wrong with Jerry Rice

    Me myself I feel that Rice is still a threat. I've already stated this but for example if Rice is placed at slot. That outside LB, CB or Safety are going to pay attention to Rice because of his talents that everyone knows. Pushing his route allows that outside reciever to get a single coverage or a more easier catch. Even though he's old and this is his last season, Jerry Rice is still a quality player.

    My man Rice needs his PT, a youngster has all his career. If I was in the NFL and had to play man down on the depth chart for Rice I would. He's the greatest receiver that ever played and he's giving me a great demonstration at the position. I'm of course still getting my reps at practice and besides maybe I could get in at kick returns. Its the NFL and money and PT is the key but you can't always get that being a youngster. It will soon come though.


    Harlem's Finest

  5. #20
    Mr Wuniverse
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,658
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: What's wrong with Jerry Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by the8stricker
    I understand the outlook on Rice now but I have one more question about the NFL.

    Who has the best receiving crew?

    I'm with the Cardinals and of course my hometown Lions.
    Ravens hahaha. I wish.
    Peace!



  6. #21
    Mr Wuniverse
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,658
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: What's wrong with Jerry Rice

    Shit im with stricker. Last season I thought he done well. When he went to the hawks I was kinda gutted coz I cant stand em for some mad reason. When they did actually throw the baw to him he done fuckin well for them. People look at his age n just under-rate him straight away. Fuck puttin him in the slot. Id have him number 2 n a good burner in the slot. Then it would get corner backs hinking. I know If I was a QB n I saw Rice, providin the pass wasnt a bomb Id look for him every time 1st. U know his experience alone never mind his talents are gonna give him a better chance at catching it than most, if not, he will do his best to make sure no1 else does anyhow.

    Age means shit. Until last week Hopkins was the number 1 pound for pound at 40. Hoost won the K1 at 38. Hulks still wrestling at 90 hahaha. But age only becomes a factor when the mental accepts it. Until it does the human body can do shitloads more than people hink, n Jerry Rice knows that. I honestly believe he has at least 2 seasons left in him full out. So if he has a good season n aint just a slot man, does well Id go after this if I was him. He shoulda went to a wee team too for better servive. As shite as the 49ers are that woulda been perfect for both sides.
    Peace!



  7. #22

    Default Re: What's wrong with Jerry Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Man
    Shit im with stricker. Last season I thought he done well. When he went to the hawks I was kinda gutted coz I cant stand em for some mad reason. When they did actually throw the baw to him he done fuckin well for them. People look at his age n just under-rate him straight away. Fuck puttin him in the slot. Id have him number 2 n a good burner in the slot. Then it would get corner backs hinking. I know If I was a QB n I saw Rice, providin the pass wasnt a bomb Id look for him every time 1st. U know his experience alone never mind his talents are gonna give him a better chance at catching it than most, if not, he will do his best to make sure no1 else does anyhow.

    Age means shit. Until last week Hopkins was the number 1 pound for pound at 40. Hoost won the K1 at 38. Hulks still wrestling at 90 hahaha. But age only becomes a factor when the mental accepts it. Until it does the human body can do shitloads more than people hink, n Jerry Rice knows that. I honestly believe he has at least 2 seasons left in him full out. So if he has a good season n aint just a slot man, does well Id go after this if I was him. He shoulda went to a wee team too for better servive. As shite as the 49ers are that woulda been perfect for both sides.
    I'm feel'n exactly what u say'n especially your mental aspect outlook. Thats the straight up truth.


    Harlem's Finest

  8. #23
    Veteran Member Hayabusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Mississippi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    895
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: What's wrong with Jerry Rice

    Hulk..... Wrestling isn't real..... Hopkins???? Boxing isn't great anymore the fighters aren't elite atheletes anymore. Jerry Rice isn't even guarenteed to make the team after training camp word on the street out in Denver. Age is more than a number in football. If u not a quicker u have no shot of dominated at the age of 40+ or being much more than a player/coach. How wants to give an old geezer reps when u got young diamonds in the rough to try to craft. Businees is Business no matter how great u were in the past that means shit now. This is a what have u done for me lately world.

  9. #24

    Default Re: What's wrong with Jerry Rice

    A yo Hayabusa if your its true that Rice isn't up to par in his performance at training camp I'm totally with you on his age circumstance.

    I'm feel'n you on your outlook on the world right now. Thats deep and true, straight up and down.


    Harlem's Finest

  10. #25
    Mr Wuniverse
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,658
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: What's wrong with Jerry Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusa
    Hulk..... Wrestling isn't real..... Hopkins???? Boxing isn't great anymore the fighters aren't elite atheletes anymore. Jerry Rice isn't even guarenteed to make the team after training camp word on the street out in Denver. Age is more than a number in football. If u not a quicker u have no shot of dominated at the age of 40+ or being much more than a player/coach. How wants to give an old geezer reps when u got young diamonds in the rough to try to craft. Businees is Business no matter how great u were in the past that means shit now. This is a what have u done for me lately world.
    Fighters are not elite athletes? Its been proven that fighters easily have the best balance of aerobic and anaerobic fitness, conditioning, mental strength, speed and power.

    Put a sprinter in a marathon n he get beasted.
    Put a marathon champ in a 100m n he get beasted.

    Fighters can do well in both. Plus Jerry Rice - his old speed is still faster than a lotta receivers and corners. Corners after all play there for a reason. Diff wit safeties though.
    Peace!



  11. #26
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    49

    Default Re: What's wrong with Jerry Rice

    he got old...plain and simple.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  12. #27
    FRESH FISH
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Uconn Kid
    Age
    30
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: What's wrong with Jerry Rice

    he's hanging on too long



  13. #28

    Default Re: What's wrong with Jerry Rice

    Bottom line: Being a Offensive Coordinator in the NFL

    I would want Jerry Rice in my receiver core.


    Harlem's Finest

  14. #29
    Mr Wuniverse
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,658
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: What's wrong with Jerry Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by the8stricker
    Bottom line: Being a Offensive Coordinator in the NFL

    I would want Jerry Rice in my receiver core.
    As the core.
    Peace!



Similar Threads

  1. Ill Bill Ft Raekwon - Enemy(Produced by Scram Jones)
    By Gully Reloaded in forum Wu-Tang Chamber
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 10:28 AM
  2. 50 Cent the boxer?
    By dreday99 in forum Hip-Hop Shop
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-25-2005, 10:43 AM
  3. A la Cubano
    By brahma in forum Hip-Hop Shop
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 01:54 PM
  4. RZA in Be Cool The Movie
    By Razorsharp in forum Wu-Tang Chamber
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 10:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •