Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cuban Linx 2 will be a shell of its former self when it drops.....

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

The cure might drop before this album.

i don't really care about rza production. i would like an album of solid dre beats instead of some sub-par rza shit

^^ bold statement...but you might be right...Dre killed the Big Bang.

ha ha. The beats are nice common man.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorsharp View Post
    WHY THE FUCK IS RAEKWON asking for BEATS from any random kid... fuckin LAME.... RZA hook him up... Mathematics hook him up, True Master, and Bronze HOOK RAEKWON UP... fuck these mail in beats... gonna make OB4CL II an upset

see i think thats an intelligent idea. have fans of your music send beats and see what type of things your fans would like you to do. it doesn't neccessarily mean they will use a beat, but they might take a que from something.

Wu-Tang Martial Expert

Default ya

yea but see my gripe is that supposedly CL2 has been finished for a while now, mastered and everything.....so what is the fuckin delay?? Why is it just sittin on the shelf...? By the time we hear CL2 its gonna be mad old already!!

I think RZA said he has nothing to do with it anymore, its in Rae and Aftermath's hands or whoever Rae signed with....

And Fyi, State of Grace was whack.....the beat is mad repetitive, the drums are very simple, and Rae is average.....if thats the best we can expect from CL2, prepare to be dissapointed.....Where are the ill criminology/wu-gambinos type beats man.....the emotional rainy dayz shit nahmean!?!? State of Grace is a mixtape track at best......
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"

Mauling Panda's Rampage Dominus Santorini's Avatar

Speak for yourself, I like State of Grace and the both remixes (busta remix and Impetus remix).

How about everyone sit and wait, and stop worrying

Is this above statement true? CL2 is finished and mastered?

idk

Quote Originally Posted by Razorsharp View Post
    WHY THE FUCK IS RAEKWON asking for BEATS from any random kid... fuckin LAME.... RZA hook him up... Mathematics hook him up, True Master, and Bronze HOOK RAEKWON UP... fuck these mail in beats... gonna make OB4CL II an upset
    HOW COULD U FORGET 4TH DISCIPLE!? LOL BUT YEAH I AGREE W/ YA, THIS IS THE SEQUEL TO A CLASSIC......IT NEEDS TO BE WU-ELEMENT PRODUCED, NOTHING MORE/LESS!

yea if he wants to give ppl a chance to make it wit sick ass beats do it on a second rate mixtape

It's definitely time to stop talking abou this album. Shit is dead in my eyes.

Rae been dropping that heat. The LP will drop. As long as it's worth waitin' for,it's all good. Rae's got a lot riding on this one
    Wu Tang Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post
    All of these delays, pushbacks, uncertainty with the labels, etc.....supposedly Rae searching for beats.....

I think someone said before(and they are right) the more the album gets pushed back the more it will lose RZA's beats and influence.....(look what happened with the mef album....that was supposed to be like all RZA too.....)

Plus, the tracks Rae has been puttin out haven't been that mind blowing either....State of Grace, Cuban Chronicles, Believe in, Rooftop.....all of these sound like average mixtape stuff to me, not what I would expect from CL2......

Anyways, fuck Aftermath....Rae should sign with Koch and release his shit independently.....but i just wish we had some more info on CL2 and werent always in the dark.....

before i read thru the replies im gunna type this -

wake the fuck up - who cares about dates, its people like yourself that hype the shit up keeping it on ya lips all day every day go support some new artists and find a new outlet of hip-hop that can keep you satisfied till then - it aint like wu is the only real hip-hop out there good things come to those who wait - i dont like aftermath much either but i think its a good move on some aspects like publicity etc. and pumping out a massively anticipated album INDEPENDENTLY ? you for real

Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II
    This will be Raekwon's fourth album and the sequel to his classic debut. Production will come from RZA, Mathematics, Dr. Dre, Alchemist, Scram Jones and J. Dilla. RZA and Busta Rhymes are executively producing the project. Guest appearances will come from Wu-Tang Clan, Nas, Mobb Deep and Busta Rhymes.
    Tracklist (So Far)
    State Of Grace
    400 Grams
    Secret Indictment
    Coke Dealings (w/ Busta Rymes & Rah Digga)
    Cuban Chronicles
    House Of Flying Daggers
    Range Rover
    Curious

dunno if this is true or not, i hope not, rza should do all of it or most of it