once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishscale sell digits

Quote Originally Posted by PLO-Stylez View Post
    that still doesnt mean he is incapable of making albums that are platinum /gold material

because fishscale was a damn good album
    obviously that didnt matter
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Urban's, Gigy's, Queen's, Roze's wildest dreams

Quote Originally Posted by PLO-Stylez View Post
    ther is none
    Back like that remix was supposed to be the next single

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
    New and Improved Cool List © : Everybody
    © The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved

Quote Originally Posted by Jeru View Post
    Back like that remix was supposed to be the next single
    Well, wouldn't it be helpfull for Ghost to have a 2nd single? Only which one?

Didn't BPW go gold?

Oyeah, it seems like Busta ain't getting his revival either.
    Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

no BPW didnt go gold
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

truth0ne SGC/ Studio Griz truth0ne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crass xxx View Post
    yeah i don't know why def jam is signing these artists they don't wanna promote
    Both Ghost and Meth were signed before the change of the guard. (aka Jay-Z at the helm.)

I'm quite certain now that Jay-Z really does not want to see any other MC but himself succeed at that label, even if it means sabotaging their careers by not doing heavy promotion.

But peep how Jay is shooting a video for his new album... but Nas' shit isn't even heard from by now.

SABOTAGE.

i think i'm high

i bought it mainly as an ill case to break weed up on, but they made the cover gay at the last second. wish i never bought the album woulda been download worthy, as an LP its weak but its got some bangers to throw on compilations

Realness

all those rappers goin after 50cent over his wak spot in the game. They should be goin off on jay-z an puffy an shit. i know those fools have money but really man, they're more wak than g-unit. they're just a Buncha fags compared to the rappers i grew up listening too. i dont want to listen to a buncha pussys.
    "BACK TO FUKIN WERK 1 OF YOUR THREADZ JUST GOT DUSTED"

GENERAL WISE

Quote Originally Posted by Sicka Than Aidz View Post
    all those rappers goin after 50cent over his wak spot in the game. They should be goin off on jay-z an puffy an shit. i know those fools have money but really man, they're more wak than g-unit. they're just a Buncha fags compared to the rappers i grew up listening too. i dont want to listen to a buncha pussys.
    Jay-Z reasonable Doubt = classic
    Blueprint= 4.5/5
    the other albums are enjoyable

Puffy = Rich because of his business knowledge
    signed biggie and is making $$ of his name

50 Cent = enjoyable albums
    but ignorant lyrics and party songs

p.s i thought fishscale was at 286k right now. smh

Quote Originally Posted by ~GENERAL_WISE~ View Post
    Jay-Z reasonable Doubt = classic
    Blueprint= 4.5/5
    the other albums are enjoyable

Puffy = Rich because of his business knowledge
    signed biggie and is making $$ of his name

50 Cent = enjoyable albums
    but ignorant lyrics and party songs
    Wow!! u named off 3 fuckin rappers dude, congratulations. Man they aint shit. There so many rappers that burn those mahfuckaz man u shouldnt even post
    "BACK TO FUKIN WERK 1 OF YOUR THREADZ JUST GOT DUSTED"

GENERAL WISE

Quote Originally Posted by Sicka Than Aidz View Post
    Wow!! u named off 3 fuckin rappers dude, congratulations. Man they aint shit. There so many rappers that burn those mahfuckaz man u shouldnt even post

Jay-z lps > Nas lps over all

and i like both artists

get off big ben's nutz, he cant ryhme.

Constant Elevation Blaque_Ravage's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by truth0ne View Post
    Both Ghost and Meth were signed before the change of the guard. (aka Jay-Z at the helm.)

I'm quite certain now that Jay-Z really does not want to see any other MC but himself succeed at that label, even if it means sabotaging their careers by not doing heavy promotion.

But peep how Jay is shooting a video for his new album... but Nas' shit isn't even heard from by now.

SABOTAGE.

Its crazy but I have to agree,lately I have been thinking about the same thing about Jay.Before Jay Def Jam wasnt doing too good...and with Jay shit is the same or whatever he is doing I dont see it.I thought he was suppose to bring HipHop back....in a way Jay is just shitting on them.

"Those who havent learnt get returned you freaky ass niggas get burned some walk around like they aint concerned with the hell goin on inside the world. Why do grown men molest little girls it is because the girls breast has swelled to the size of a women,although shes 12.The whole world is sick,sick,sick trapped up in six,six,six "Sunshower~The Rza

Veteran Member staycreepin_n_silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Disciple View Post
    i don't consider these figures a failure.

in this day of booty shakin, ying yang, and laffy taffy, for fishcale to move 250k in a month or two is a major achievement.

i think we've been conditioned to acceptin gold and platinum as the norm

but 250,000 records sold, in a month or two. that's 250k persons who actually purchased the album. shit by any standard that's a great achievement

That don't mean shit, this is a million+ dollar game home boy and 250k is a long ways from 1 million. Cat's do 250 in a week or two let along 5 weeks. My point that's like comparing wal mart billion dollar retail outlet to Sears Million kid they don't compare yo.

edit as far os the Jay Z hate yeah use him as the scapegoat it's like that it's like that. But if your album isn't getting promotion than don't blame him blamee the artist. When you learn supply and demand you will learn that what these dudes are supplying on a hand full of heads are demanding. Don't get mad at any one because your fav artist isn't 'IN' Look at in the sense that this every dog has his day
    Last edited by staycreepin_n_silence; 09-20-2006 at 03:10 AM.
    Common~Talib Kweli~Nas~Az~Bun B~Eightball&MJG~Goodie mob~Fiend~WuTang~Lupe~BoneThugs~SunzofMan~JayZ~Bea ns~Jeezy~The Roots

Blood of a Slave Heart of a King. BraveHeart