once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Allah Mathematics - The Problem POST YOUR REVIEWS

Default Re: Allah Mathematics - The Problem POST YOUR REVIEWS

picked it up today... have only given it one listen... didn't meet my expectations, but mainly because i was expecting a different sound...

the beats were much better on love, hell or right but the mcing is better on this album...

Can't believe you guys don't like this album. I thought it was dope. And as far as No Said Date, I might be one of the only that doesn't think it has that 95 sound to it. A lot of people here think it's that old wu sound but to me it isn't.

I Just Bought It, It Is Pretty Good My Favorite Song Is U.s.a Overall I Give It 3.5/5.

"Robbed of natural abilities
    In death they now seek tranquility
    In a confused state of mind
    Extending agony,they must be blind"

My problem is that I don't like this album one bit.
    [font=verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/font]
    www.hiphop-network.com

i think some of you were expecting way too much outta this shit, and i think its really enjoyable, although i was expecting more mathmatic rhymes since the album was "The Problem"which is a sick title, but none of the songs explain it too well.. oh well its stilla good CD to bump

peace
    live and learn, dont be a bitch

Yeah my expectations were a little to high on this one. It's just not my kind of production. Although I really like track 9. Reminds me of how Wu used to sound. The rest of the album sucks for me.
    [font=verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/font]
    www.hiphop-network.com

Quote Originally Posted by Treazon
    i think some of you were expecting way too much outta this shit, and i think its really enjoyable, although i was expecting more mathmatic rhymes since the album was "The Problem"which is a sick title, but none of the songs explain it too well.. oh well its stilla good CD to bump

peace
    LOL sorry if i'm talkin nonsense but was that meant to be a joke? "Expected more mathematic rhymes since the album was 'The Problem'"

LOL if it was meant to be a joke then that was pretty funny.

My review I actually like the album, love that he got plenty of Wu members on it especially. And to be truthful this one feels more consistent than his first.

4/5

"We don't need no diamond rings
    All we need is a drum like
    Fuck it, he can rhyme, I'll sing"

Fuck i'm really diggin Strawberries and Cream. Allah sounds so dope on the hook.

But what the fuck Ghost usin an old verse? You have any idea how dope it coulda been if he really went off, on an old school beat like that? Fuhgeddaboutit.

"We don't need no diamond rings
    All we need is a drum like
    Fuck it, he can rhyme, I'll sing"

this album sucks....i really am disapointed. bad beats, bad mcs....except 2 or 3 songs

it suckssssssss

Thumbs up Re: Allah Mathematics - The Problem POST YOUR REVIEWS

peace to the god 5/5
    Ol' Dirty Bastard swordplay, Dirt McGirt be pickin up skirts on 4th & Broadway, Japanese bitch be suckin my dick, Peurto Rican hoes be lickin ma split, California Mountain Snake on debate
    be givin me head, while I'm countin my cake, crushin up an 8th
    of that snow white shit, in the Pussy Wagon not hittin the brakes...

Streetball on ESPN was playing some tracks off this album.

I like this album, I've listened to it only a couple of times so far.

Some of you need to make your post a little better instead of a basic "good album/bad album" 2 word post.... thats not a review. And your not convincing anyone without the album to go cop it with 2 words... Anyway, I posted this a lil while back in a different thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Intro (Talking while Spotlight plays in the back.) (Not Rated)
    2. C What I C (Im luvin this. No hooks, just ill rhymes from beginnin to end.) (9.8/10)
    3. Strawberries & Cream (Also a dope song. The beat is soothin and fits well with the theme. Ghost reuses his Strawberry verse. RZA & Deck rip it.) (8.5/10)
    4.Can I Rise (Hot Flames is real nice. Wouldnt mind hearin a album from him. Another dope track. Beat compliments the verses.) (9.5/10)
    5. John 3:16 (We've all heard this a year ago. Nice track. But its nothing special. I like the beat. Maybe its just too old for me.) (8/10)
    6. Winta Sno (I dont know what it is. But Im not really feelin this. Its growin on me a little tho.) (7.5/10)
    7. Two Shots of Henny (Not feelin this either. Good Rhymes, Good beat. But the hook is lame IMO.) (6.5/10)
    8. Bullet Scar (T-Slugz does one of the best j...obs on the album. No diff. here.) (8.5/10)
    9. Real Nillaz (Another reused Ghost verse. Beat doesnt really fit with the verse but the track is nice overall. (8/10)
    10. Coach Talk (Its okay. It bores me a little.) (7/10)
    11. Rush (I love this track. A Wu Banger IMO.) (9.5/10)
    12. U.S.A (Ghost opens it up nicely & Hot Flames rips it at the end. Nice from beginning to end. MK also in this.) (8/10)
    13. Tommy (I really like this. Possibly my fav. Allah Real and Angie do the hook. While Eyeslow and Bald </SPAN>Head spit over the dope beat.) (10/10)
    14. Break That (ODB comes off nice on this. Not his trademark crazy style but still cool. MK has a nice verse. And U-God suprised me here. I like his verse aswell.) (9/10)
    15. Outro (Nothing Special) (Not Rated)
    16. Spotlight (Heard it all before) (Not Rated / Bonus Track)

Total = 109.8/130
    Very nice album. Possibly one of the best Wu-Affiliated albums to come out in the 2000's. That and 9th Prince albums being the top. Unless Im forgetting something.
    You need to pick this up! He deserves the money for this. Its one of my 5 personal favs this year.

Top 5 Favorite Tracks:
    1. Tommy
    2. C What I C
    3. Rush
    4. Strawberries & Cream
    5. Break That

Arrived: July 13th 2oo3
    Departed: April 16th 2oo8

^9.8? what king of rating is that?

anyway, have given it a few more listens... pick this up if you don't have it...

break that, winta sno, can i rise, spot lite really stand out for me... and most of the others have a lot to like about them as well...

for wu gambinos benefit i give it 86 out of 111

A couple of joints are very nice, however I can't argue that this is much better than math's first cd in terms of production. Still though as everyone says, it's a pretty solid release, though not a banger from start to finish. favorite joints are rush and spotlite