once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: Cilvaringz "I" [Sampler]

Damn the beat for Tongue Fu is disgustingly dope!
    Ghostface on 50 Cent:
    "Yo, this ape needs to stop injecting himself with them stroiods. He's acting up, he better chill out before New York puts his ass on the bench."
    Ghostface on Eminem:
    "That pilgrim needs to back off. He ain't got no street cred, thats my word."

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

holy shit man...i just heard the track Nightmare in A-Minor for the first time, 4th fuckin slaughters that verse too...

from the verses ive heard both 4th Disciple and True Master spit i think they got skills man...

RingZ,

whats that track with the lady going "hmm hmm hmmm" its about 8:30 in the sampler. My friend from canada produced a track, Im listening to it now, with the same sample! I finally listened to your sampler and when I heard that track I was "why does it seem like ive heard this song" I thought about it and then realized it was my friends song! Differnet drums.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mantis_fist View Post
    RingZ,

whats that track with the lady going "hmm hmm hmmm" its about 8:30 in the sampler. My friend from canada produced a track, Im listening to it now, with the same sample! I finally listened to your sampler and when I heard that track I was "why does it seem like ive heard this song" I thought about it and then realized it was my friends song! Differnet drums.

Thanks!

the same sample was also used on the track "Gun Talk" from the first Mathematics Album...

Quote Originally Posted by ElHodo View Post
    the same sample was also used on the track "Gun Talk" from the first Mathematics Album...

Who is the sample of?

Quote Originally Posted by mantis_fist View Post
    Who is the sample of?
    Carla Thomas - how could you throw my love away (Mathematics - Gun Talk)

youll hear it, its pretty much just a looped segment out of the sample.

peace

elhodo, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Peace and whatup everyone.

First of all I'm happy to see many positive comments. It's satisfiying to know that when I was making this album, these were the type of beats you would be feeling and I made the right choice in picking them. Most of the beats you hear on this sampler are produced by RZA. The only ones not produced by RZA are Wu-Tang Martial Expert.

Anyway, I'm happy yall like the shit. And I see some of you have doubts about the Michael Jackson song, which I understand. But eventhough the topic is different from what you are used to hearing, I hope you'll respect the fact that a) it is unique, b) the beat is classic RZA, c) it's a song close to my heart being a big fan of Mike's and something I had to do. I personally love the shit.

But keep up with the feedback and we will be releasing more stuff soon such as the DVD Sampler, more pics from the CD Cover and maybe a preview of 'The Weeping Tiger'.

Peace everyone!
    PLEASE start givin us some of this shit...

and is "early 2007" still lookin good for the release?????

cuz its december already..

...should you put a typical bangin wu tang track on your album?
    is what you ask?
    seeing how its a banga and how you reupped it i see no reason why you shouldnt put it on there.

any updates cilva?

cilva nice as always
    Wu-Academy presents....

www.myspace.com/napoleonmindstate

Thumbs up

Well fuck me, that sampler has been around for a long time now, I first listened to it then and got really spyched for this shit. Went crazy and kept telling my friends that this shit sounds like some real hard ass hiphop! .. and then I forgot it, didn't read this thread either. Now I just put that sampler on and oh shit, I forgot that more fish is out soon (buyin it tho), forgot that cuban linx 2 should be coming (2012 or something). This is some shit!

Cilva, I can't wait for the album. Everything on the sampler gets me going, plus RZA blessing this shit too. And definately put that song you asked about on there, I haven't heard it and what people in this thread are saying I FUCKING NEED TO HEAR THAT ON THE LP! I'm not that type of a "it's an old track booh" dude, just put it on there if it fits the whole package which I'm sure it will, I'm tired of hearing half-assed albums where some songs just break the package. And please no bullshit skits! hah. So far everything sounds too good to be true, and with Cilva we don't have to fear def jam fucking your thing up.

Bang bang! Can't wait! And I'd like that you don't release full tracks before the full album, just some tight ass snippets and some shit, like leaving few verses out etc. Just to get everyone fiending for more. Like I'm now. Shit. FUUUUUUU I gotta order that bronze nazareth album and more fish just to keep me in check before this.

And I gotta say to that accent speculation too, I'm from Finland and I speak with american accent. That's something you learn from TV and music, if I'd talk with a finnish accent it would sound like some ugly ass shit. The linguistics are so far apart so you sort of have to adapt to a whole new accent too when speaking english. If one speaks english with regular finnish accent, it could be referred to as shitty fucking english.
    And I just can't go on adapting a british way of talking, because I'm not exposed to that stuff as much as american. This is not something that one can grab and question if someone is fake or not. If you grow up in, say, sweden and watch american tv shows your whole life, your english will sound something like that, if you're a good english speaker that is, if you suck, then it'll sound swenglish (shitty). GET IT?

Fuck I wrote loooong. Bare with me.
    lol.

who can answer these questions (Ya Bane im lookin at u...)

-What languages does Cilvaringz speak?

-did he grow up learning to speak them and/or did he go to school to learn them??

im interested to know....thanks in advance

I speak Moroccan Arabic, English, Dutch and a bit of French. Learned France from being in Morocco which used to be a French protectorate. Moroccan Arabic from my parents, Dutch from growing up in Holland and English from Hiphop, tv and reading.

^^hey ur cilvaringz.......you should text battle archer preist in the house of flying daggers

Killbot Beats 2008 NIGGGAAAAAAAAA
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=842145
    Lawrlz Ya Sniffs???

"we laptop nigga, thugs on a computer." -TheShaolinAssassin