once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: superbs claims of 'ghost'writing for ghost

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

Default superbs claims of 'ghost'writing for ghost

can someone elaborate on what exactly superb said about ghostwriting for ghost after the ironman album?

seems ludicrous to me, but ive never seen much discussion on it. did ghost and superb have a falling out? why did he make these claims?
    "all your San Franciscos will eventually fall and burn again..." -Jack Kerouac-

i dunno... i doubt that... because if so... superb shoulda dropped an album... he never did...i think ghost and perb need to get on the good foot.
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Quote Originally Posted by P-Noid Brown View Post
    i dunno... i doubt that... because if so... superb shoulda dropped an album... he never did...i think ghost and perb need to get on the good foot.
    justin timberlake lmfao. yea i watched shark tale.....

Killbot Beats 2008 NIGGGAAAAAAAAA
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=842145
    Lawrlz Ya Sniffs???

"we laptop nigga, thugs on a computer." -TheShaolinAssassin

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

^what?

but yeah did ghost ever have a reaction to this?

I had some files with superb talkin about it, but its on my other computer. He basically just says that Ghost got his whole supreme clientele style off him

Yea. Wasn't that an iterview done while he was in prison.

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

so he said that he influenced ghost; he didnt actually say he wrote lyrics for him?

Ok my understanding of the whole shit is this, if anyone remembers the track goodtimes pt 2 (with Superb on the chorus) , Superb has his own song with the exact same lyrics that Ghost uses on that track, I dont know what came first.

Perb is on SC a bit too, his style is different to Ghost i think, Perb wishes that he gave him that style

he said ghost bite his style you know that emotion style he did on can't go to sleep and pretty tony - "the nigga say "i don't want nobody sound like me on no album", but he sound like me the whole fucking album" superb say something like that
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

Superb also sounds like a coc addict and I would not believe anything he says.

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

even if ghost was inspired by superb that isnt really a big deal...artists are inspired by others all the time. and did superb have a copyright on the "emotional" style? if you can run with it and improve on it then its still your own art.

so just to clarify, superb has only said that ghost bit off his style, not that he actually wrote lyrics for him?

Lord Superb "The Man"
    Small transcript:

"The whole Supreme Clientele album, that's me, I wrote that. [...] I had to pay my dues, I had to do what I had to do to get in the game. [...] But the second time around? Like the first time is all me, man, the second time is all you, man. [...] But you gotta ask permission to be me. [...] That nigga took flows, man, that nigga took words, man, that nigga took everything! [...] And now I'm up in here, [...] I don't get a kite from him, man, I don't get a package, I don't get nothing, man. He's a creep, man. [...] Now we all you used to always hear him on the Wu albums, when he told you 'I don't want no nigga sounding like me, on no album!', man. That nigga sound like me on every album. [...]

But:
    "But it's like, yo, I ain't really mad at that, cause I ain't a hater, man. [...] I ain't tellin y'all 'Don't go buy his album!', but I'm tellin y'all, man, 'That ain't him, that's me, man!'"

Peace.

i dunnoooo Ghost is that dude.
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Ghost started using that whiney style on wu forever on the impossible track. His lyrics were also great on that album. If Ghost lyrics sucked on OBCL and Forever then some how supreme cliental had amzing lyrics I would believe superb but every album ghost is on he comes with the heat.

Superb is just jealous and trying to get some money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal Arief View Post
    Lord Superb "The Man"
    Small transcript:

"The whole Supreme Clientele album, that's me, I wrote that. [...] I had to pay my dues, I had to do what I had to do to get in the game. [...] But the second time around? Like the first time is all me, man, the second time is all you, man. [...] But you gotta ask permission to be me. [...] That nigga took flows, man, that nigga took words, man, that nigga took everything! [...] And now I'm up in here, [...] I don't get a kite from him, man, I don't get a package, I don't get nothing, man. He's a creep, man. [...] Now we all you used to always hear him on the Wu albums, when he told you 'I don't want no nigga sounding like me, on no album!', man. That nigga sound like me on every album. [...]

But:
    "But it's like, yo, I ain't really mad at that, cause I ain't a hater, man. [...] I ain't tellin y'all 'Don't go buy his album!', but I'm tellin y'all, man, 'That ain't him, that's me, man!'"

Peace.

hmmm..