once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Worst thing to happen in Hiphop ?

Default Re: Worst thing to happen in Hiphop ?

i was talking explicitly about you. Because you can't face the fact that more people like Nas then Jay-Z

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

The Imaculate Conception WHITE_MANTIS_AI's Avatar

the end of the 90s

"Patience is a virtue and knowledge is a commercial"
    IKON THE VERBAL HOLOGRAM

I think the most recent problem in hip hop(besides the obvious unoriginality and greed) is that it's almost all negative artists on top(except kanye and common, which the former ain't as good on the mic as they hype him up to be). I'm not some kind of soft ass p*ssy or whatever, I love cats like Mobb Deep, CNN, Kurupt, Rae, etc. rappin that gangsta shit but there's no more balance like there was a decade ago when the Native Tongues and other groups like Pharcyde and the Hieroglyphics crew were at their peaks. Yall might think otherwise but it's kinda sad that today the hip hop youth of america would rather guzzle a 40 and smack a "bitch" than address the problems of the world and keep their heads up livin' righteous. peace

"Even if I bleed to death I can't die
    Not even if I fell from ten stories high
    Yo, I'ma rule the underground or get shot trying
    No matter how many times I get hit with the hot iron
    I'm not dyin'!" - Sticky Fingaz

Quote Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
    i was talking explicitly about you. Because you can't face the fact that more people like Nas then Jay-Z
    Still on that NAS is the most popular shit huh..........who cares who is more popular

Dis wack commercial shit dat's ova-powerin' dat real shit like what was goin' on back in da early n mid 90's n also:

The Industry held by white people, they have poisend da minds of new up n comin' artist

Quote Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
    the worst thing to happen to Hip Hop was people who think they know what real Hip Hop is and slam other people who they think are inferior than them because they have a alternate view of what real Hip Hop is.......they also don't want to argue this point with other people because they think they are all knowing......when in reality you are not convincing anybody of anything and people are tired of your stereotypical views.
    I think this dude suffers from schizophrenia.......

i think you'l find Big-L started his own label before he got shot.
    If I Offend You .. Fuck You I Intend To ..

Quebec Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Potential
    The Industry held by white people, they have poisend da minds of new up n comin' artist
    isn't the industry mostly held by Dr Dre (shady/aftermath/g-unit)?

I always tought he was black, I may be wrong, maybe he was rapping in CWA( cracka-with-attitude)
    Television tells lies to your vision so, beware of the trick-nology set off to fool the mind if you're dumb you're lost, if you're wise you will find that poison is a devil substance made for scratch' cause one rotten apple destroys the whole batch

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH manhattan360's Avatar

i was gonna wright something but ya all wrote it how come some just go from being demslves doing there own kind style of chain to rocking a jesus piece its like they want most of all americans to accept them cause thats were the power is