once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DO NOT see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Wu Vatican

Default Re: DO NOT see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

just knowing tim burton directed it you had to know it was gonna be done in a differnet intentionally weird, dark fashion.

i havent seen it, and it doesnt really interest me much. i wouldnt mind knowing the ending if its a bit different though.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

The Sigung(Sifu's Master) ThePharaohNosferatu's Avatar

HE still gets the Factory.

***Spoiler***

In this movie tho, Willy wonka gives the factory to charlie but Wonka doesnt want Charlies family to move in, so Charlie rehects the offer and continues living poor. then after a while of thinkg Wonka makes Charlie go with him to see his father which he hasnt seen for 20 years, then Willy Wonka Softens up and gives the Factory to Charlie and allows his family to live in it.

"Yo MC's wonder what's hip-hop thunder
    Tell you the truth it's just one nation under" - RZA

.:1 Nation Under:. l .:Hip-Hop Release Dates Thread:. l .:Upcoming Movies Thread:. l .:1 Nation Under Battle Tournament:.(MCs Needed to Join)

Quote Originally Posted by 09
    Wasn't about to watch it, Hollywood needs to stop with them remakes!! They always turn out shitty.....
    Ohhhh Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tim Burton IS NOT the typical Hollywood artist. This man is a poet. A poet lost in Hollywood who used this system to make the films he liked when he was child.
    "vincent", "edward", "beetlejuice", "batman returns", "ed wood", "Jack....", "big fish".... All this movies/fairytales are classic to me.

Ok for "Charly....". If you really love the one of 1971, the Burton version is really different. I see it and I really love. Crazy, beautifull, amazing score... And Depp... This man is actually THE best actor of his generation.

So please guys dont put this remake on the same level of all this wax productions: "ring", "dark water", "the grudge"... Its not the same thing.

fuck you !! i'm gonna watch that shit

who the hell are you for telling people not to see some shit

how ur going to say dont see this movie solely based on ur opinion. people have different taste.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Tim Burton has made some bad movies such as the remake to Planet of the Apes.

Quote Originally Posted by check two
    Tim Burton has made some bad movies such as the remake to Planet of the Apes.
    And???? Tell me one director who only made good movies. Kurosawa? No. Kubrick? No. Scorsese? No.

Tim Burton has made some bad movies? I'm ok with you "Planet of the apes" sux. The original is a classic. What the other Tim Burton bad movies for you? "Mars Attack"? I love this movie. "Batman returns"? Fucking gothic masterpiece. My favorite Batman.

So guys...stop to say "bad movie", "dont see this movie". Or give us an argumentation. Say "I dont like this movie"and tell us WHY.

The movie sucked, watch the original, the Tim Burton twist to the film was a huge mistake!
    The Beast from the Middle East.

Veteran Member

I didn't think it was all the great but my daughter enjoyed it (of course she's only 3).

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poetry
    I didn't think it was all the great but my daughter enjoyed it (of course she's only 3).
    Exactly. I dont really feeling the end, but its a good movie. Specially for little boys and girls

shit, i've really been looking forward too seeing it.
    I'll wait till it gets on video...

but i love movies for 3 yr olds!
    Lady Snowblood

S-CORP VETERAN

shitao, get off burtons dick, LMAO at depp being the best of his generation, if acting a fag all the time and being 'abstract' is dope then hollywood sucks (it does)

tim burton movies are decent but samey, kurasawa shits on him and hes from about 6 decades back...no one could tell a story like akira and have such brilliant and differnt characters who u actually care about

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    shitao, get off burtons dick, LMAO at depp being the best of his generation, if acting a fag all the time and being 'abstract' is dope then hollywood sucks (it does)

tim burton movies are decent but samey, kurasawa shits on him and hes from about 6 decades back...no one could tell a story like akira and have such brilliant and differnt characters who u actually care about
    Are you stupid man?
    Kurosawa is one of my best directors of all time with Kubrick and Leone. I never said "Burton is better than Kuro" LOL.
    BUT actually, in the Hollywood system, Burton is my favorite film maker.

And once again, FOR ME, Depp is the best american actor of his generation. A man who played with amazing directors (Jarmusch, John Waters, Kusturica, Terry Gilliam and , excuse me, BURTON) and who saved a lot of movie (Once Upon a Time in Mexico, The Ninth Gate...). He made wacks movies sure (I hate Blow, From hell...). He acting like a fag???? Ok ok.....

in most movies he plays a bumbling idiot like hugh grant

lol funny shit i wasnt going to see this anyway