once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i cant feel rappers if they dont use proper multi's...

Quote Originally Posted by venex View Post
    wtf is a multie ? haha, me dumb
    Lol... I really dont care...all I look for is Flow, A beat that goes right with it and some off the wall lyrics.

multis seperates the men from the boys to me...

see g rap for instructions...

Quote Originally Posted by SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN View Post
    peace..,

Pardon self, but what the fuck are you really onto right now? NO disrespect intended. I swear, everytime I come on the internet I come across hundreds of netcees that have never performed a live show in their lives...always expressing their infatuation with multies. Man, you can run 100 bars of multies and still be whack as hell. Multies are now...a generic and trendy structure......that really allow anyone to rap...NOT EMCEE. Mother Goose uses multies. On top of that, if your famous multies have NO SUBSTANCE, in other words..IF U AINT SAYIN SHIT..., you're gonna be whack regardless. I always encounter these overly technical hiphop netcees talking about multies, using multies, living and dying by multies.. and 90% of em are whack. Like rap isn't MONOTONOUS or REDUNDANT ENOUGH already as is. The utilization of multies...is extremely redundant. I'm reading this cat's opinion like..., what happened to actually: SAYIN SHIT, innovativeness, creativity, originality, wit, skill with PASSION (and just MAKING GOOD MUSIC REGARDLESS OF ALL THIS TECHINCAL BULLSHIT)?!?! Last time I checked some of those previous and most vital elements.......turned heads, not a "HEY I USE MULTIES." If everyone used multies.....then this rap shit would be extremely boring, and everyone would sound the same flow wise. To me, that'd be boring, and just worsen the present condition of this crap.
    If you can't stand to HEAR an artist who doesn't use multies, let me be the 1st to tell you..., your musical taste is shallow. I will also tell you..., you spend more time HEARING music...NOT LISTENING TO IT., there's a distinct difference between the two. And maybe that explains your addiction to "multies." On a personl artistic level, if I ever have a multi or 2 in my bars....it was by accident, I don't go out of my way to use multies. I prefer to let my craft be naturaL...in other words, whatever comes out..comes out. But I strive to bring it with some sort of skill 1st and farmost. You're missing out on other emcees...just because you like multies...and that's sad. Like my boy Muko said, "Multies are a redundant, rhetorical, and wasteful sound." <---Especially if you aint sayin shit.

expand yaDElf....GOOD MUSIC SHOULD BE THE FINAL PRODUCT., and that can be determined by an infinite amount of things beyond multies.

peace

soon enough, ni77as gonna start talkin about how PUNCHLINES make verses, and if don't flow with punchlines..then they can't stand it..or it's not "real."

SUBLIMINALTHA7THBORN

THE LORD noel411 HAS A NEW ALBUM OUT!!! Czech it out here...

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...80#post2575080

Suck this drunk alcohol dick.

Quote Originally Posted by lips View Post
    multis seperates the men from the boys to me...

see g rap for instructions...
    This comment is funny to me, because I think it's true, only in reverse of what was intended by it.

"Boys" think it is impressive to write lines constructed around how many syllables they can rhyme, whereas men realise that is weak and prefer to construct strong lines that actually have some substance.

A lot of words in the english language rhyme. What exactly is impressive about stringing a few together? It's the same as rhyming one syllable a few times....WOW!!!

THE LORD noel411 HAS A NEW ALBUM OUT!!! Czech it out here...

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...80#post2575080

Suck this drunk alcohol dick.

SubliminaL you are right. it is true that a multi will always look better on paper. An emcee does what and emcee does. When I LISTEN to an emcee, I dont realize if they use multis or not. But perhaps this concept brought forward could be why many rap listeners dislike Jay-Z?

We must not forget the thread started said "proper multis" so that can mean many things.

yeah prolific,i said proper!
    cus many people will overuse it,and it will sound like shit.

nice argument we got...

i went thru this phase when MF Doom took over my life, still like him alot,, but i can tolerate un multie music

whatever is used to make dope verses it should always be used. but in the end the verse has to make sense no matter whats said.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

as a writer it for me its hard not to write a multi but then i can rhyme without multis with a more metaphoric style [peep the temple of darts] its kinda to me prefrence thing as the writer or emcee aits down and construct a verse/song to the right beat

for me it doesnt actually matter at all what a rhyme looks like written down.

listen to masta killa for instance, half the shit he says technically doesnt rhyme, but he manages to make it all flow.

as far as people focusing on rhyme patterns as oppose to lyrics...i figure these same mc's wouldnt be writing anything better even if they didnt use multis. so as long as they have a good flow, it can make an poor lyricist into a decent or average mc.

depends what your personal preference is, i find it hard to believe that some people only listen to lyrics from an mc and disregard the various other facets of being an mc. although i appreciate lyrics more than anything else, the flow of an mc is important also, i dont think this can be discounted fully.

again, personal preferance.

Flow and delivery matter a whole lot. Imagine Pharoahe Monch's lyrics spit by Mr. Lif. You could take the same exact words and have them come out completely different.

Support the Real. Click HERE

^^co-sign

Although I think people are too busy over-analyzing how mc's be rhyming when all that matters is whether you enjoy the music or not because if you don't then move on.

Edit-co sign was in reference to illstatiq

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Raekwon is incredible with the multi-rhymes.

yep, sometimes i think people on this site dont actually like music at all.

why don't they just read the lyrics?

as i said im into lyrics alot, but it is MUSIC, so it does matter how it sounds.

akaTRIFE TYSON~spitboxer tha god concept's Avatar

too many multis sounds wack 2 me..too cat in the hat yano

but i def appreiciate mc's that got dope werdplay

but some of the most intricate and well thought out multis that connect with rhyme and meaning...is by RA tha rugged man...crazy multies
    Last edited by tha god concept; 12-28-2006 at 07:21 AM.
    "When I die bury me with the LO on...
    Official to the death for all eternity and so on"
    Lo Down & Dirty
    " WASTED ON THE USUAL WIT MOM DUKES WAITIN ON THE FUNERAL"
    "MY MOUSTACHE LIKE ADOLFS"-Ghostface