once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colors and Countries

Default Colors and Countries

We gotta stop calling ourselves by colors and countries

how can we begin to erase these stupid labels ?

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
    He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

it's all heritage man, your nationality and your race says alot about who you are... the struggle your people went though, it makes an impact on the character of all who are born afterwards. it's good to have some sense of pride in that, because that's who you are.

but at the same time, you're right - we gotta stop being so callous towards locking ourselves down into defined roles; and we needn't let these things bias us and make us hateful towards others who are different.

Quote Originally Posted by hidden ninja View Post
    it's all heritage man, your nationality and your race says alot about who you are... the struggle your people went though, it makes an impact on the character of all who are born afterwards. it's good to have some sense of pride in that, because that's who you are.

but at the same time, you're right - we gotta stop being so callous towards locking ourselves down into defined roles; and we needn't let these things bias us and make us hateful towards others who are different.

Puerto rican, chinese, South American,African,BLACK, WHITE, Swedish, Russian

Do you see it ?

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
    He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

Colours are always talked about and how we sholdn't label and divide others and ourselves by that. If you mentioned countries also, but here you are leaning towards people calling themselves by what colour they are.

It seems like at one time only black and white people labelled themselves and the other by colours black and white because it is opposites. All other races began being labeled or labeled themselves some other colour in between.

Countries are even more complex. In North America and most of Europe, country politics and the physical boundaries are clearly cut. Many other places the boundaries are just "guessed" in a way just so they can draw a map with a country.

There are many peoples that live in different country that do not associate themselves with that country and basically have no nationality.

I dont think we'll ever get rid of labels but yeah the color thing and the country thing has always seemed wierd. I mean, you're born in the borders of a country- so what? And a dark skin guy in Asia isn't the same as one in Africa.

"whats are you ?"

"i'm an asian german american from sweden whose skin is black"

^^^lmao

but i love my country too much to do that
    Last edited by dimi; 01-04-2007 at 12:08 AM.

Nationalism may be even worse than racism. I don't think there's anything wrong with havin a sense of family and where they've come from but that shit also allows people to starve to death miles from a town that has a problem with obsesity. And then the attitude is "Well they aren't Americans, so it's really not our problem."

While we should be able to step back and look at that and realize, "What the fuck are you talking about? A human is a human. Lets get these people some food and lets find a way to make this whole thing work better for everybody." The goverments of the world have just fooled us into thinking we're not in this together. As long as we believe that, shit will stay the same.

Support the Real. Click HERE

labels are only as serious as you make them.

Life.......is only what you make it.

Im brown.
    1. This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 12 seconds.
    JusticEquality™

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Unseen View Post
    Nationalism may be even worse than racism. I don't think there's anything wrong with havin a sense of family and where they've come from but that shit also allows people to starve to death miles from a town that has a problem with obsesity. And then the attitude is "Well they aren't Americans, so it's really not our problem."

While we should be able to step back and look at that and realize, "What the fuck are you talking about? A human is a human. Lets get these people some food and lets find a way to make this whole thing work better for everybody." The goverments of the world have just fooled us into thinking we're not in this together. As long as we believe that, shit will stay the same.
    Post of the Year nomination. Your totaly right. Nationalism does promote racism on the deepest levels. What we need to look out for now is the NWO using that to justify itself. But on personal levels we all need to read this again and think differently.

Me personaly - I sponsor a child in Chad through World Vision - even though I can't afford rent these days - that kid gets his money sent to him.
    Last edited by V4D3R; 01-04-2007 at 12:54 PM.

﴿†﴾ lıʌǝp ǝɥʇ ƃuıǝǝs uǝɥʇ ǝsɹoʍ sı lıʌǝp ǝɥʇ ʇnoqɐ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ﴿†﴾

Ehm what, you can't call y'r self an English man while y'r really from Belgium right?? Or call y'rself black while y'r actually white.....

dumb thread

Ban user
    "The only way to a woman's heart is along the path
    of torment. I know none other as sure..."

^^In the end - this attitude will be obsolete.

﴿†﴾ lıʌǝp ǝɥʇ ƃuıǝǝs uǝɥʇ ǝsɹoʍ sı lıʌǝp ǝɥʇ ʇnoqɐ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ﴿†﴾

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity tha God View Post
    Life.......is only what you make it.
    dunno about that one. on some levels yeah but not on every level.