Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop CS issues

No artificial sleazy

Default Photoshop CS issues

I've been using the CS version for a while and I cant figure out why I cant use my arrow keys (on my laptop) to nudge or move layers that Im working with.

Ive never ran into this problem when using past versions on my old Desktop computer. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Im gonna check in the appz preferences to see if theres a solution, but someone please tell me if you know how to fix this....

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

I've just started using photoshop...I don't know...

Can you tell me how do I flip a picture?? ( so if the person or face is facing right I can flip it to face left )

Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    I've just started using photoshop...I don't know...

Can you tell me how do I flip a picture?? ( so if the person or face is facing right I can flip it to face left )

you know what i have the same prob..i have to do it on another softwar..one that came with my cam
    that does it...

some one needs to up tips.....like what born did in the photoshop section of this fourm

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
    He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

No artificial sleazy

^ theres your answer Ben.

Image menu > rotate canvas > "pick an option"

Quote Originally Posted by *Robbydigital* View Post
    I've been using the CS version for a while and I cant figure out why I cant use my arrow keys (on my laptop) to nudge or move layers that Im working with.

Ive never ran into this problem when using past versions on my old Desktop computer. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Im gonna check in the appz preferences to see if theres a solution, but someone please tell me if you know how to fix this....

CS or CS2 ?

If there is no space in the canvas to move the image, it won't move

did you unlock the image in the layers pilate ?

is the image you wanna move with the arrows selected ?

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
    He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

No artificial sleazy

Quote Originally Posted by APSU View Post
    CS or CS2 ?

If there is no space in the canvas to move the image, it won't move

did you unlock the image in the layers pilate ?

is the image you wanna move with the arrows selected ?
    Im using CS.

Trust me I've made sure that I troubleshooted all of what you stated on a number of occasions. I should be able to move individual layers around the canvas (such as buttons or objects when designing a website template or something similar by using the arrow keys. Ive only had this problem when trying to use my lap top arrow keys. Something is conflicting here.

Wheres Razorsharp? I need his wisdom right about now...

Thanks APSU

don't talk shoot shoot tommytootone's Avatar

okay answer this, I have photoshop cs 2 and I have a hard time taking faces and putting them on other bodys. My questions is, do I use the pen tool for this option?

No artificial sleazy

no, use the point to point selection tool. (you gotta hold down on it the button for it in the toolbar. You will see three choices: Lasso, point-to-point, and magnetic.

also if you look at the bottom of the tool bar there will be a mask button, hit it and the canvas will be covered in a red tint. now select the paint brush and paint red around what your trying to select then turn it off. (its good for fine tuning your selection)

now just cut and paste on a body, etc...

you probably have no clue what i just said

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    okay answer this, I have photoshop cs 2 and I have a hard time taking faces and putting them on other bodys. My questions is, do I use the pen tool for this option?

No..what you want to do is use the Move Icon place it on the pic hold down the mouse and move it to the pic you want to place it on then release the mouse button.

No..what you want to do is use the Move Icon place it on the pic hold down the mouse and move it to the pic you want to place it on then release the mouse button.
    Okay I know how to do that, but how do you shrink your picture? What I mean by that is, say you have a beach background, and you take your picture and place it in the beach beachbackground, but it still looks as if your too big for the picture. Do you get what I'm saying

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    Okay I know how to do that, but how do you shrink your picture? What I mean by that is, say you have a beach background, and you take your picture and place it in the beach beachbackground, but it still looks as if your too big for the picture. Do you get what I'm saying
    Yeah I understand use the same Icon you will see some lines that will frame the pic take the mouse and click onto a corner then pull it open or closed this will enlarge or shrink the pic

Yeah I understand use the same Icon you will see some lines that will frame the pic take the mouse and click onto a corner then pull it open or closed this will enlarge or shrink the pic
    great thanks

// Never Defeated // born invincible's Avatar

clone stamp works well too if your good with it....