once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The World From a Skateboarder’s Perspective

Default The World From a Skateboarder’s Perspective

Even now that I’m an old man with creaky arthritic joints in my body, I still view my surroundings from a skateboarder’s perspective. That is to say that wherever I go, whether on foot or in a vehicle of some nature, I still observe my surroundings like “that’d be a nice set of stairs, that’s a nice handrail, I’d love to bust out a long crooks on that ledge with a bit of wax, I wonder if I could pop a kicky over that gap?” etc etc. A bit of a trip since I’m now well past my years of being an enthusiastic skater, and don’t often get the ‘ol rip-stick out for a serious session of pain and frustration, these days. But still, I’m always scoping out my surroundings for skating potential. It’s not even to look for new spots. It’s just a way of looking at ordinary architecture and constructions that becomes the norm when you become a serious skateboarder.

I’ve still got a bit of skater in me. I still take the ‘ol rip stick out fairly regularly, but usually just hit up some smooth ledges, manual pads, smaller gaps and even just flat ground for a quick shred. I just can’t seem to give it up no matter how much I suffer for it. Even now that I’m walking around with a permanently fucked ankle, which usually gives up on me pretty quickly when I go for a roll, and which of course is a result of a skating mishap.

But still, wherever I go and whatever I do, if there’s some sort of man made creation and a surface to roll on, then I’m looking at it with images of hitting it up on my rip stick in my head…sometimes even when it’s not at all skate-able.

I was wondering if there’s anybody here who can relate to this? Anybody else who has this outlook on their surroundings? Probably not I suppose. Why the fuck am I even posting this on a Wu-Tang forum?

THE LORD noel411 HAS A NEW ALBUM OUT!!! Czech it out here...

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...80#post2575080

Suck this drunk alcohol dick.

u must have small nuts from all the failed rail grinding mwhahahaha.

Killbot Beats 2008 NIGGGAAAAAAAAA
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=842145
    Lawrlz Ya Sniffs???

"we laptop nigga, thugs on a computer." -TheShaolinAssassin

I never did get my nuts into an awkward situation, fortunately. I've had some close calls though.

Oh yeah, and another thing. A well made skatepark is sexy as fuck to me. Especially smooth transitions. But then so is a nice new skateboard deck, or surfboard, and shapely waves make me wanna bust loads all over the place.

thats incredibly gay.

lol

Lawrlz Ya Sniffs???

Not really. I always envision my surfboard as a female when I make sweet love to it, as do I my skateboard.

so you cheat on them ever thought of a threesome.

Lawrlz Ya Sniffs???

I tell you this, there won't be any threesomes happening any time soon...I just snapped my fucken deck. That's about number 25 now. If I was sensible I wouldn't buy a new one, but I'm not. I'm a sick fuck who loves wasting money on self punishment devices. I'll have a new one before the end of the week...

No artificial sleazy

I know exactly what your talkin about Noel. I havent really skated all that much these last few years, but I always look at architecture like you described. To my surprise I just discovered a new skate park in my area hidden off to the side of grocery store I go too, behind this soccer field. I saw pictures of it in the paper and was getting pissed cuz I didnt know where it was. Too bad its snowing now and I cant use it.

Im also also lookin for different hills in the area where theres potential to build snowboard kickers or set up rails.

Ha, yeah yo word. I think a lot of serious skater's do look at shit with that sort of perspective. I remember discussing it with one of my skater buddies back in school, who was the same.

Skateparks are popping up everywhere these days. It's crazy. I've always preferred raw street skating, but skateparks are good times if you can get one uncrowded. Usually too many little punks around though.

I'd love to try snowboarding, but there's not exactly an abundance of snow where I live.

i can relate to this but im not old and in pain yet im just really busy to skateboard that often anymore. i still skate like once a week or once every two weeks. ill find my self seeing a spot with a nice ledge if i drive by or something and thinking to myself... next time i skate ima peep this spot. i always do that shit.
    " I'm too ill/ I represent Park Hill/ See my face on the twenty dollar bill/ Cash it in, and get ten dollars back/
    The fat LP with Cappachino on the wax/ Pass it in your think, put valve up to twelve/ Put all the other LP's back on the shelf/ And smoke a blunt, and dial 9-1-7/ 1-6-0-4-9-3-11/ And you could get long dick hip-hop affection/ I damage any MC who step in my direction
    "

yep, i used to feel the same when i skated more often.

now i just go for a roll every now and then.

security for security gaurds...... great idea....... 'rob and black' has just started airing in aus..... black's a fuckin crack up. peace

p.s. i cant skate

Haha, I've seen an ad with that dude in a skate video. I like the part where Rob misses a trick and gets pissed off, and the black dude nudges him aside and snaps his deck for him. Good stuff.

If you posted that in ktl people would cry about how "racist" it is.

hahah - it's one of my new guilty pleasures that show........ i know its lame and it's made by same dudes that did jackass n wild boys....... but big black is the fuckin man.........