once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: Internet security

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Banned Professor Poopsnagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,346
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Internet security

    how secur is the internet? how secure is filesharing? yeah, even if u upload and download from yousendit.com donīt u think that they log it? each file and each ip downloading it? i think there will come days when it wil become really dangerous, soon. but i am no expert - what do you think?

  2. #2
    Veteran Member iNtell3kT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Big Mid-West
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,302
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Internet security

    its not illegal to share any file......but cracking or using some1's serial number for a product and hackin n such is......


  3. #3
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    49

    Default Re: Internet security

    the internet definately has the potential to be very lethal. i dont know if it will happen though, but i dont think any type of security can stop a hacker that is good enough.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  4. #4
    Banned Professor Poopsnagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,346
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Internet security

    Quote Originally Posted by Intellekt
    its not illegal to share any file......but cracking or using some1's serial number for a product and hackin n such is......
    are you sure??? donīt u think that wu-tang were pissed if we were trading whole albums in here and they would know? nakhi the solarian on the other hand mentioned that the musicians make most of their money of touring. but this about movies, too, plus record companies, they earn less and still have to produce albums and promote them. and as they are a big industry i think they will do something.....


    Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36
    the internet definately has the potential to be very lethal. i dont know if it will happen though, but i dont think any type of security can stop a hacker that is good enough.
    the industry is programming the so-called DDR(Digital Rights Management)-System into mp3s(yes, into). you are right, there will always people who can hack even that, but i mean if they track your ip-adress they can know who you are and where you are and sue you - that is dangerous!

  5. #5
    Veteran Member iNtell3kT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Big Mid-West
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,302
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Internet security

    Quote Originally Posted by iove
    are you sure??? donīt u think that wu-tang were pissed if we were trading whole albums in here and they would know? nakhi the solarian on the other hand mentioned that the musicians make most of their money of touring. but this about movies, too, plus record companies, they earn less and still have to produce albums and promote them. and as they are a big industry i think they will do something.....
    its just fuckin music, it should be free, but sence everyones lives are built around money people need money to feel like thier accomplishing somthing, self pride isnt enough for them, if they got it,

    i dont really care whos pissed...and yes IM GODDAMN SURE, its not illegal, man u cant stop file sharing, people WILL find a way if their true piraters, but it wont be stopped man.....belive me, i dont care how they make their money, money doesnt mean shit to me, i just want to listen to music


  6. #6
    Banned Professor Poopsnagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,346
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Internet security

    Quote Originally Posted by Intellekt
    its just fuckin music, it should be free, but sence everyones lives are built around money people need money to feel like thier accomplishing somthing, self pride isnt enough for them, if they got it,

    i dont really care whos pissed...and yes IM GODDAMN SURE, its not illegal, man u cant stop file sharing, people WILL find a way if their true piraters, but it wont be stopped man.....belive me, i dont care how they make their money, money doesnt mean shit to me, i just want to listen to music
    i get your point but when speaking of illlegal i meant "against the law of the government" - and that is the case, isnt it? that it probably cant be stopped is something different.

    you made a good point saying that everyones lives are built around money. actually a month ago i was at a discussion about filesharing with the main protagonists being a successful rapper (and labelowner), someone who wrote a book about mp3s(rip, mix and burrrn) and a member of the "chaos computer club". of course most ppl in the audience had the opinon that filesharing should be legal but what really shocked me was that they said things like: "do the artists love the money or the music?". i personally think thatīs bullshit because i think that as we are living in a world run by money everyone is free to decide wether to charge money for the performance or the opus he is providing. we dont live in communism and imho it would be very unfair to let a taxi drive take money for his work but a musician not.
    it is on the other hand outta question that cds are too fucking expensive! the record companies complain now, but they didnt do shit about it back then. if i buy a cd these days itīs on ebay or amzon for low price and shit is a classic album i wann own with cd an booklet. but i remember b4 my internet days how expensive it was for me as a teenager to buy a cd and compared to the prices now they have even risen.

  7. #7
    There is No We ! Wooly Noggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In My House
    Age
    87
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Internet security

    They knew from the start what was gonna go down - they are way ahead of us
    to take total control over the world - to put them into a World Wide Web
    they would have to bait you with free stuff - anything you want _FREE_

    once you get hooked, and you are Hooked - they pull us all "into the net"

    INterNet ! WORLD WIDE WEB - they telling you what they doing to you

    and they like "WHAT WHAT !"

    WELCOME TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER


    "E E Even if i stutter i'ma Still Come Off"

  8. #8
    Veteran Member iNtell3kT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Big Mid-West
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,302
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Internet security

    Quote Originally Posted by iove
    i get your point but when speaking of illlegal i meant "against the law of the government" - and that is the case, isnt it? that it probably cant be stopped is something different.

    you made a good point saying that everyones lives are built around money. actually a month ago i was at a discussion about filesharing with the main protagonists being a successful rapper (and labelowner), someone who wrote a book about mp3s(rip, mix and burrrn) and a member of the "chaos computer club". of course most ppl in the audience had the opinon that filesharing should be legal but what really shocked me was that they said things like: "do the artists love the money or the music?". i personally think thatīs bullshit because i think that as we are living in a world run by money everyone is free to decide wether to charge money for the performance or the opus he is providing. we dont live in communism and imho it would be very unfair to let a taxi drive take money for his work but a musician not.
    it is on the other hand outta question that cds are too fucking expensive! the record companies complain now, but they didnt do shit about it back then. if i buy a cd these days itīs on ebay or amzon for low price and shit is a classic album i wann own with cd an booklet. but i remember b4 my internet days how expensive it was for me as a teenager to buy a cd and compared to the prices now they have even risen.
    but it ISNT illegal, its just on that edge, belive me, im part of a pirateing community called eP or ePirate.net, i always read the latest news....
    and the courts cant bann P2P Programs, meaning on the net, only hyperlinking is illegal, any P2P program wheather its, torrent, edk2, or simple movie and audio files for which ever handler is LEGAL, i know my shit


  9. #9
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    49

    Default Re: Internet security

    Quote Originally Posted by Intellekt
    its just fuckin music, it should be free, but sence everyones lives are built around money people need money to feel like thier accomplishing somthing, self pride isnt enough for them, if they got it,

    i dont really care whos pissed...and yes IM GODDAMN SURE, its not illegal, man u cant stop file sharing, people WILL find a way if their true piraters, but it wont be stopped man.....belive me, i dont care how they make their money, money doesnt mean shit to me, i just want to listen to music
    music will be free when food, clothing, and shelter are free.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  10. #10
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    boston baked beans
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Internet security

    yesterday my mother showed me an email from PayPal saying people tried getting into our account from Romania. they even had the IP Address and everything. not cleveland, or new york. fuckin ROMANIA.

    as much as sites like ebay or paypal say, they will never be secure enough. the internet will be the death of us someday.

    aka Ol Dirty...

    I'ma get home, I'ma get there, Make it back even if im caught out there....


    FUCKIN BOSTON!

  11. #11
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    49

    Default Re: Internet security

    so if i go and rip one of my CD onto my computer and share it the software will be on there?
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  12. #12

    Default Re: Internet security

    You know there are simple programs you can use that will hide you behind anonymous proxys and enable you to surf the net and download/share files with almost total anonimity.

    Peace
    We aint homies, you just know me by affiliation

  13. #13
    Banned Professor Poopsnagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,346
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Internet security

    Quote Originally Posted by jR_killa
    You know there are simple programs you can use that will hide you behind anonymous proxys and enable you to surf the net and download/share files with almost total anonimity.

    Peace
    what programs are these and how can i get them?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Internet security

    Paranoid.

  15. #15
    Banned Professor Poopsnagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,346
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Internet security

    Quote Originally Posted by Goddess
    Paranoid.
    paranoid? where i live police tracks people who share too much on emule down. several servers are already closed. yeah, itīs just a minority but to set examples they donīt only hunt the big fishes but also students.....

Similar Threads

  1. My Warcloud avs....
    By Unforgiven in forum Graphics Corner
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 04:13 PM
  2. Rza as guest editor...
    By FrenchShin in forum Wu-Tang Chamber
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 05:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •