once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 39 of 123 FirstFirst ... 29363738394041424989 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA College Football Thread

well with the way the BCS is set up, you can't have any class.

Tressel never runs it up and Ohio State always gets criticized for not blowing teams out, so if you have class your just fucking yourself.

Yea, there aint much defense in the Big 12 this year.
    USC probably has the best defense, altho, they really haven't been totally tested yet in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to that USC/Penn State game.
    Look eye, always look eye.

WEll its looking like Ohio State may get a bid for a BCS.

Unless of course Boise State gets in, but honestly, if they are going undefeated this frequently, they need to start scheduling tougher out of conference opponents or else they will be in this same predicament every year.

I personally don't think they get in, not with Utah getting an at large bid.

Texas is getting hosed right now.

I don't care how many points Oklahoma is putting up right now, there is no way they should be ahead of Texas because they lost to them.

This is serious BS. That would be like Alabama being ranked ahead of Florida if they lose this week.

This is why college football is really a joke, and only on very rare occasions is a real champion crowned.

I mean, with all the 1 loss teams worthy of being in the National championship, who is to say that the winner of the NC game is even the real champ???

The winner of Penn State and USC could have just as much of a gripe to be champions.

There will be no clear cut champ this year. It would have been such a prime year for a playoff too.

the 3 top teams in the big 12 all lost to each other but lets break it down:

texas

beat OU by ten points. they controlled the second half of that game.

lost to TTU on crabtree making an excellent catch and a miss-tackle on the last play of the game.

oklahoma

OBLITERATED TTU...nuff said

got handled in the the second half against texas and lost by ten

texas tech

beat texas on the very last play due to poor tackling.

anally gangbang raped by OU

looking at the situation arbitrarily and considering the nature in which they won and lost:

1. texas
    2. OU
    3. TTU

oh well, it is what it is. the computer doesnt watch the game, it just crunches numbers.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

its shit, and as if it weren't exposed for the fraud it is before, now this is only mounting proof.

And the Big 12 tiebreaker is even more idiotic. Texas may not even get to play in the Big 12 championship....wtf???

Fuck conference championships, fuck the BCS....PLAYOFF. its simple. We put men on the moon, can flight jets passed the sound barrier, but we can't figure out that this shit is lame and unworthy of the greatness of college football.

there could be a million trains wrecks and they'll throw band-aids on it to make people think they're trying to fix it.

the BCS conferences and the bowls arent gonna give up the financial circle-jerk they have by putting up a playoff. they know damn well the system doesnt work and they dont give a fuck, its making them money.

the ONLY way they'll change to a playoff is if people altogether boycotted college football. dont watch it on TV and dont buy tickets.

this too, will never happen.
    Last edited by THE W; 12-01-2008 at 11:57 AM.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

yep I agree with the last couple of comments made, its bullshit through and through, how can a team you've beat in the head-to-head move above you in the polls? Makes no sense whatsoever. My only hope now is a Missouri upset over OU in the Big 12 title game which probably isn't going to happen. utter bullshit.

Support the Real. Click HERE

I'm not really sure why there's all this whining and fussing about which Big 12 team gets to go. Florida's gonna mop the floor with either team. They'll smoke Bama by 21 and then pound on OU (most likely) or Texas. This Florida team is downright ridiculous.

we'll see if they can get passed Bama without Harvin first.

I think the Big 12 teams are weak defensively, but USC's defense could shut down Florida's offense.
    But seriously tho, they just played Citadel and FSU is a joke, so who have they really beaten this year.

The SEC is shit outside of Bama and Florida. Most overhyped conference of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post
    I'm not really sure why there's all this whining and fussing about which Big 12 team gets to go. Florida's gonna mop the floor with either team. They'll smoke Bama by 21 and then pound on OU (most likely) or Texas. This Florida team is downright ridiculous.
    Agreed. Florida is going to downright beat whoever they play in the Title Game. Hey, if Bama does make it? I think Bama would too. The Big 12 is all about crazy offense, in the SEC, they play defense. You look at the Big 12 scores..high as fuck. SEC? Usually low. You be seeing like...10-7 games in the SEC. SEC definitly is the best conference in the league year in and year out over the past few of them. I mean, aren't the past few National Champs from the SEC? Well, you can add a third in a row..shit.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    we'll see if they can get passed Bama without Harvin first.

I think the Big 12 teams are weak defensively, but USC's defense could shut down Florida's offense.
    But seriously tho, they just played Citadel and FSU is a joke, so who have they really beaten this year.

The SEC is shit outside of Bama and Florida. Most overhyped conference of the year.
    Tell us all about Prior now and how OSU should be there.

Ok, but first tell me why FSU/FLA should still be considered a rivalry...Or are you a 'Canes fan??? wuts wrong, the ACC too much of a powerhouse conference for theM??

and the SEC, outside of FLA and Bama was not up and down a good conference.

Tenn., Miss St., Ark., Kentucky, all sucked. Vandy aint good, LSU was terrible this year, Auburn can't score, Georgia was overhyped like they are every year, South Carolina still sucks dick.

I'm just bein honest. If that is the best conference this year than you been huffin too much paint.

Big 12 has been the best conference, and yes, they don't play much defense, but top to bottom they are the best this year.

We'll see man. The SEC and Big 12 should be meeting up in the Title Game.

I would really like to see USC play Florida