Page 45 of 123 FirstFirst ... 35424344454647485595 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA College Football Thread

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Looks like another controversy brewing. Utah goes undefeated and beats Alabama easily. If I recall, Alabama was number 1 for most of the season. It goes to show again that a team in a 'weaker' conference can hang with the big boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.

wins like this are good because the retards who run the system have to consider letting these teams from these non BCS conferences in. they're getting better, let them in. this is twice in the last 4 years that an NCT has upset a good BCS team.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
    wins like this are good because the retards who run the system have to consider letting these teams from these non BCS conferences in. they're getting better, let them in. this is twice in the last 4 years that an NCT has upset a good BCS team.
    maybe it convinces them they need a real playoff system, its the only real way to solve the problem

Support the Real. Click HERE

Utah definitely has a gripe.

I love it. Yet again, nothing decided, i dont care who wins the National Championship, because it really doesn't prove shit.

USC, Utah and the winner all can claim part of that title.
    Look eye, always look eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions Unseen View Post
    maybe it convinces them they need a real playoff system, its the only real way to solve the problem
    a playoff system would indeed be the real solution but unfortunately its not a realistic solution cuz the powers that arent gonna let it happen.

this BCS system is what we're gonna have so we might as well live with it. thats just the way it is.

these non BCS schools are showing that they can hang so they should let them contend for the title. i mean shit, USC could've went undefeated through that hoeass pac 10 conference and been in the NC why not utah?
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Give Utah credit. They played out of conference talent too. They beat Michigan, on the road, if i recall correctly this year.
    Now, they could not have predicting UM having a bad year, but still, they went away into a very hostile place and won convincingly.

Utah got the shaft again. They've been undefeated before too under Urban Meyer.

michigan was fucking dog vomit this year. they get no credit for beating that team. i wasnt surprised at all that michigan lost that game. if they had beaten them last year then i'd give them credit. they got blown out by teams that hadnt beaten them in nearly a decade. got damn toledo beat michigan this year and i wasnt surprised about that either.

there only quality win is against bama.
    Last edited by THE W; 01-03-2009 at 12:27 PM.

well im just sayin, they didnt kno Michigan was going to be THAT bad, so i give em credit for trying to schedule a tough out of conference game.

sure, but if im a voter looking at that game im not giving them credit for beating THAT team.

true...but why did USC get so much credit for beating a terrible Virginia team? I mean, they road USC's nuts for weeks cuz of that win.

i dont think anyone was really riding them that much until they beat down ohio state who many were predicting to make another NC run.

they've shown many times in the past that they prepare well for big games by not only winning but blowing out the opposition. not so much for the little ones obviously but thats on them. they know they have to run the table in that weakass conference to make it.

Well they pumped USC up all year.

I actually would have preferred to see a USC/Florida NC. Those are the two top programs right now.

that would've been the game of all games. another classic.

USC needs to roll off the big ten and prove themselves against top teams from other conferences.

if USC wants to play in the bcs title game they should not lose to weak opponents ever year. I would take Florida over USC if they played

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
    that would've been the game of all games. another classic.

USC needs to roll off the big ten and prove themselves against top teams from other conferences.
    USC has played all the Big Ten teams at home. We'll see how they fare in the Horseshoe next year.
    Same with those SEC teams that don't play any out of conference games and usually get home games during Bowls.

Im not taking anything away from USC but damn, if that Rose Bowl was played in Pittsburgh or Philly, thats a huge advantage for Penn State.
    Not only home crowd advantage, but traveling across the whole country advantage.

USC needs to stop fronting like that isn't a hug edge.