Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should the Negro Hockey League be given more credit for the origins of ice hockey?

how the fuck do you play hockey without a slap shot? Or moving in the goal (or whatever dumbass shit the white guy on espn was saying about the colored league) I just think they played hockey, big deal.

very interesting
    i dont think anybody knows about the league

BUT i dont think that black ppl today would care about hockey
    for real its all about basketball, football and baseball

Wu Vatican

believe it or not someone really is credited with "inventing" the slap shot. no one used to do it in the NHL before this guy, unfortunatly i forget his name. I read about it someplace though for sure. i found it a little hard to believe too at first, you'd figure it would have always been around but I think thats just because we are so used to it being there.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Upped
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.

I remember reading something a few months after this thread was made, crediting "black people" for the invention of the slap shot.

I just thought they wouldnt be all that powerful and would get equally as much power with a wrist shot. A primitive hockey stick might not have had the structure to get the power behind it and break after 2 shots. However I also heard that those old one piece sticks were durable.