This has to be one of the most confusing follow-ups of all time....
Following an unbelievable debut is hard to do, but most dont try to change their style almost completely to pander to rec execs... cause thats what killah priest must have done here. he proudly mocks all the tupac and biggie wannabes but strangely much of this album sounds like a tupac album. Rza's surrealistic beats have disappeared and were replaced by commercial hip hop ones, and there are way fewer obscure religious references as in the debut, most puzzling is a lack of wu generals on this album or very many references to the wu......but thats not to say that this album doesn't have good music, it does, it is just not very wu. i know this disc probably disappointed many killah fans but to the casual hip hop listener this may have been a very good album. so without further ado i will attempt to give this album as objective a rating as i can, so it may be higher than some expect....
2. view of masada: 5 /best track on here per se, reminds me of nas it was written
3. hard times: 4 /good lyrics but wrong mood for them
4. maccabean revolt interlude 3/nice....rhymes
5. maccabean revolt 4/ nice little beat good lyrics
6. gotta eat 4/ mafioso style revisited
7. whut part of the game? 5/sick beat, so this is killa priest?
8. im with that 4?/if only they played killah priest at parties?
9. bop your head 4/great lyrics carry this song not a bus fan
10. rap legend 4/coulda come stronger on the beat but maybe he shud write u'eys hooks?
and now the album goes to shit.....
11. places ive been 2/too much crap thrown on the beat unlistenable
12. when will we learn 3/im thinking like brendas got a baby...keep ya head up
13. food for thought 1/ what is this mumbo-jumbo?
14. live by the gun 1/bababababullshit rip off of bone thugs what the fuck killah? this is truly awful
15. if i die 4/at least there is a somewhat redeeming song on the end of this
score 48 pts -1 for useless intro outro tracks -4(and ive never done this)for not being yourself,for blatantly ripping off your peers,and basically for being a hypocrite
=43/14=3.1 or average at best
good luck rating this album yourselves