once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official Tech Q&A Thread

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Yeah, because I got two drives, my normal one, then I threw all my music on my other hard drive.

Does anyone know what video formats are compatible with ipods? If it makes any difference, it's an ipod touch.

you should've got the iPhone. Basically, MPEG-4 Video File is what used, you can download programs that'll convert your videos to iPod compatible. I would get Videora(I use that) or I heard some programs that can convert a videos file size into a mp3 size file so you can put even more videos without losing the quality of the video.

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Does anyone know what video formats are compatible with ipods? If it makes any difference, it's an ipod touch.
    Explore your option set up for your iPod, it should tell you exactly which formats are supported.

JRoll

Ok I'm using the internet on my PS3, and some stuff requires a flash player to see. It has a message that says "You have either turned javascript off, or you need to download the latest version of the flash player. But I have javascript turned on. I don't know how to get the newest flash because you need to save it like if it was on a computer. And theres is no option for getting it for a gamesystem. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Storm View Post
    you should've got the iPhone. Basically, MPEG-4 Video File is what used, you can download programs that'll convert your videos to iPod compatible. I would get Videora(I use that) or I heard some programs that can convert a videos file size into a mp3 size file so you can put even more videos without losing the quality of the video.
    Thanks, I'll try that Videora, all the converters I have tried are pretty shit and for some reason when I convert them using itunes it takes away the sound. And iPhones are a lot more expensive, plus a 50 ($100) a month phone bill. I'm happy with the phone I got.

Quote Originally Posted by CS View Post
    Explore your option set up for your iPod, it should tell you exactly which formats are supported.
    I didn't actually have the ipod when I asked, I just wanted to know what formats of video I can download in advance. Thanks anyway.

Anyone else got an iPod touch or iPhone? It's fuckin sick

No problem. Yea, I was just saying that because over here its like a 100 dollar difference between the touch and phone. My cousin has the iPhone and yea it's really cool even though I hate typing in websites with my finger because I keep pressing the wrong due to the letters not being big enough lol.

^ Yeah I do that a lot lol, but I think it'll be easy once I'm used to it.

Anyone know anything about torrents? I've tried downloading a few torrent things using BitTorrent but they take fuckin aaaaaages. It took me like 2 hours to download 2 south park episodes. Is there some way of making it faster or is there a better program to use or something? I only just got it today so I haven't got a clue about it.

Edit: I don't think it's because of my shitty internet connection because it's about 10x quicker downloading any other type of file
    Last edited by Sean; 01-05-2008 at 06:39 PM.

Ok, I have a file that is a UIF file and I need a program that opens them, which program does that and which one is best.

STYLE

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Storm View Post
    Ok, I have a file that is a UIF file and I need a program that opens them, which program does that and which one is best.
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7232212AADAFds

Thanks for link, it did answer my question.

How do I make files go into the podcast section of itunes? I've got some podcast episodes that I downloaded from a torrent site but itunes thinks they are music files, how do I make it think they are podcasts?

Try dragging it from Podcast to the Library. I think that's how I did it.

Nah that doesn't work. I've already got some episodes from the same podcast that are in the podcast section, so I want to get them in the same album.

You could put them in your i-Pod and then if you have a program like iDump or iLift, you can d/l the file from your i-pod to your computer and then put it back in itunes and it'll most likely go to the movies section.