Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Wu Tracks you think are sell out material

Default Post Wu Tracks you think are sell out material

wu has done one of the impossible which is to gain mass appeal without making obvious commercial tracks... Forever's first single Triumph didnt even have a hook, just like PYN.. im curious what ppl on here think the corny radio aimed wu tracks are...

based on their group albums only.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Im sure were goin to see alot of "Gravel Pit" mentions, even tho it is a dope ass track.

Dope beat, great verse by Meth, crazy verse by Uey and Ghost, I never understood all the hate on it

Gravel Pit is one of RZA's simplistic beats but still hip hop without soundng r&b watered down like other radio shits... and wu lyrics are never corny...

"dont go against the grain if you cant handle it..."

the horns in the intro & interlude are fuckin ill...

Mauling Panda's Rampage Dominus Santorini's Avatar

I remember reading an interview where Deck said he hated Gravel Pit, its the worst Wu Tang song ever and he believes Wu lost fans because of the song.

I actually like the song

gravel pit is no doubt a very dope song...prolly deck didnt make d cut...the video is a lil fcked up though wit swordsmen n dinosaurs n shittt..

And I'ma remain in the scene and reign supreme and go to many extremes by any means

^^LOL i liked that song when the album was released but dont feel like listening to it anymore...
    the video is wierd : kung fu+dinosaurs+poker...WTF???

back in the game
    chrome wheels
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

WuTang is the Foundation smokebongoncliff's Avatar

gravel pit sucks.

Now yo yo, whattup yo, time is runnin out. It's for real though, let's connect politic - ditto. We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases. Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces

gravel pit is a smack in the face of those who think the wu went commercial. It's video is an illustration of how other rappers dive into the past to look for new material. It is ingenious just as the song is, and I love every minute of it.

My vote goes for bizarre. U'ey don't belong on Hot 97.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

not much really, chrome wheels maybe.

solo work is where wu got greedy, and tried to gain popular appeal by copying other people, or by emulating different styles of hip hop.

You should be getting drunk Sean.

Dont get hate on Gravel Pit. I used to like that song before I heard much Wu cause it was "mainstream" without selling out.

cant think of any, but I dont listen to much of the bullshit.

Another song that some people hate on is Ghostface's "Push" with Missi, although I really like this song too.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMethods View Post
    You should be getting drunk Sean.

Dont get hate on Gravel Pit. I used to like that song before I heard much Wu cause it was "mainstream" without selling out.

cant think of any, but I dont listen to much of the bullshit.

i worked tonight, fucking working thurs, fri, sat nights.

whats youe excuse?

I stayed in to watch the footy season start.... had a few drinks, and even that couldnt fuckin save me. shithouse match.

I used to work saturday day... that was horrible, coming off 2 hours sleep for a customer service job. arrrgh

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Gravel Pit