Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what is the U.K. Scene like?

Question what is the U.K. Scene like?

Ay yo, what is the U.K. underground scene like? From the music, culture, and lifestyle?

Default Re: what is the U.K. Scene like?

All I know is that the good HipHop records stores in London are fading away and have closed/closing down. And no new stores have opened to replace them. There is a big Graffiti scene out here though which helps keeping it alive. And there's always Scratch dj events happening and shit. Task Force have really done some good shit out here. But in all truth I'm more into the US/New York underground HipHop scene. Which is why it sucks being out here. Still gotta represent though.
    [font=verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/font]
    www.hiphop-network.com

over rates mathematics

the uk scene in hip hop is dominated by a certin style of beatmaking called drum n bass. drum n bass is pretty much just like dance/house music mixed in with hip hop. if you don't get it you might need to hear a song or two.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

The place I went to in the UK was mostly into disco type music. That's where I met Ronin at. He had on a lime green leisure suit, with his collars popped.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by thwak
    the uk scene in hip hop is dominated by a certin style of beatmaking called drum n bass. drum n bass is pretty much just like dance/house music mixed in with hip hop. if you don't get it you might need to hear a song or two.
    Erm, dude, what do mean? d&b is a completely different genre and a completely different culture of it's own. Has absolutely nothing to do with the UK underground HipHop scene. Although it is within 'Urban Culture', as the media like to put it.
    [font=verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/font]
    www.hiphop-network.com

Veteran Member

The U.K. is bursting with talent and skill but da rappers can't da deal!(Record deal)

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by akira kurosawa
    Erm, dude, what do mean? d&b is a completely different genre and a completely different culture of it's own. Has absolutely nothing to do with the UK underground HipHop scene. Although it is within 'Urban Culture', as the media like to put it.
    A lot of the uk hip hop i hear has got a sort of d&b style to it, like dizzie rascals first song, fix up look sharp, that wasnt really a hip hop beat, and that guy leathel b his song pow has a d&b feel to it.

Peace

I hate UK rappers accents. Most of the shitty urban ones anyway. Roots Manuva is cool, but he doesn't sound like some fucking loser. "no long ting, innit? fuk dat".

Veteran Member

Fix Up Look Sharp, wasnt a hip hop beat ?? it was a loop of Big Beat, just because it has nothing musical over it, does not6 mean its drum & bass, the sound thats dominating the scene over here is either Grime (which comes from garage & hip hop) or its that 94' boom bap New York Premier hip hop.

none of it is drum & bass, drum & bass is alot faster around 160bpm with breakbeats, as for the Lethal Bizzle tracks, that sound is called Grime, its the hardcore gangsta violent version of uk garage, the majority of Hip Hop/Grime peoples dont like the Drum & Bass.

Latvia, United Streets of Adazhi (near Riga))

Latvian underground is the best. yeah!

I wish all skinheads smelled like Mr.Clean..

"G-Unit's full of bitches
    Banks is a bitch
    Young Buck is a Bitch
    Tony Yayo is a bitch
    Fifty is a bitch
    Olivia's a bitch...HOLD UP! Olivia's a man!" The Game

i can't commit suicide. suicide committed me. so my suicide is dead.

the scene over here, in terms of, you know, product thats out on road an that, is kinda lively still, truss me, I'll put out some audio of different artists from over here, thats did there thing over the years, you know, you see what I'm saying, but yeah, that Lethal B tune along wit that Dizzee tune is from the UK garage scene, its not drum an bass, you see what I'm saying, thats two different music fraternitys, truss, but big up the d n b scene even still, there stacking p's too, you know, lets go

57th Dynasty-Lil Bro
    http://www.peoplesound.com/music/pla...m.cfm?ID=29074

57th Dynasty-Hold Strong
    http://www.peoplesound.com/music/pla...m.cfm?ID=39950

some underground classics from a couple of years back, our come wit some more later

Mr Wuniverse

Who cares. Roots Manuva n Black Twang is all I can listen to fae UK. Rest do my nut in.
    Peace!

Prince Rai

grime music is good here, but when some artists get a bigger deal, their music becomes more cheesy more mediatic....

whats klashnekoff doin ata mo?

Roots manuva's pretty cool
    fuck.. missed him when he came here a couple of months ago...
    Lady Snowblood

S-CORP VETERAN