once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 164 of 835 FirstFirst ... 64114154161162163164165166167174214264664 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 12522

Thread: NFL Thread

  1. #2446
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,438
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    How did those QB's fall of the face of the planet? Ok, maybe I'd agree with Dilfer, but he's still in the NFL. I'd have to disagree with Warner. He's gotten older, but he's still a good QB, and a starter. He could start on a bunch of teams in the NFL. Maybe people would hear of him more if he didn't play for the Cardinals, but they are an improving team.

    Brad Johnson is older, but he could also start somewhere in the NFL. Maybe he could start on the Cowboys, but they have a soap opera type QB who's fans and teammates would rather blame losses on a girlfriend being at the games, then to fess up to getting outplayed.



  2. #2447
    Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,405
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
    trent dilfer and brad johnson won superbowls too. kurt warner went to two in 3 years and won one of them. where are these 3 quarterbacks now?

    eli manning is a superbowl winning QB. that can never be taken away from him....until he falls off the face of the planet like the 3 QBs i mentioned.

    the new york giants found lightning in bottle and carried it to a championship. it was no fluke, they beat 3 DAMN good teams to get there. but momentum is powerful drug(rick james).

    we'll see how eli performs over the course of the next 5 years. everyone said the same things about tom brady when he beat the rams and he proved his greatness by conintuing to win.

    enjoy
    Well based on Eli's performance in the Superbowl, he is far ahead of those qbs you mentioned. What he did on that last drive was remarkable. To compare him to those you mentioned doesnt carry weight. He silenced all critics. Eli will do just fine in New York. I have a great deal of respect and confidence in him.

    "One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

  3. #2448
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    How did those QB's fall of the face of the planet? Ok, maybe I'd agree with Dilfer, but he's still in the NFL. I'd have to disagree with Warner. He's gotten older, but he's still a good QB, and a starter. He could start on a bunch of teams in the NFL. Maybe people would hear of him more if he didn't play for the Cardinals, but they are an improving team.

    Brad Johnson is older, but he could also start somewhere in the NFL. Maybe he could start on the Cowboys, but they have a soap opera type QB who's fans and teammates would rather blame losses on a girlfriend being at the games, then to fess up to getting outplayed.
    paalease, all three of those QBs are nowhere now. warner got a starting job for a team thats been one of the bottom-feeders of the league for years and he had to fight off a rookie to get it. if brad johnson and difler were good enough to start in the NFL they would be, BUT THEY'RE NOT. these are superbowl winning QBs that cant get a starting job. hell, trent dilfer lost his job after winning it all. and as far as them being older, that isnt stopping brett favre.

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebulus View Post
    Well based on Eli's performance in the Superbowl, he is far ahead of those qbs you mentioned. What he did on that last drive was remarkable. To compare him to those you mentioned doesnt carry weight. He silenced all critics. Eli will do just fine in New York. I have a great deal of respect and confidence in him.
    that game was 7 to 3 all the way to the 4th quarter. its not like he was moving up and down the field the whole game. the giants came out with a game plan to eat clock. they ran on first an second down and threw on third down. it was a good plan. they ate up half the first quarter with one drive.

    the D line of the giants deserves that MVP as much as eli did. brady was CONSTANTLY under pressure while eli had a good pocket for most of the game. brady couldnt get the ball to moss because he just flat out didnt have enough time. if brady had the time that eli did the whole game he carves your defense up. defense still wins championships and it won this game.

    philip rivers was able to complete many 3rd down conversions against the patriots as well. the difference is the chargers D line didnt get anywhere near as much pressure on brady as the giants thus brady was a lot more affective aginst their D.

    still you have to give eli props. he stepped up in the 4th and lead two excellent drives to win. i think that pass on the last drive that put them in the red zone could've and should've been either picked or deflected but the reciever made a great play.

    again, he's a superbowl champion. you cant take that away from him. but i dont wanna hear about him being a great quarterback or better than peyton until he can perform at a high level over the course of many years.he's taken a big step though.
    Last edited by THE W; 02-06-2008 at 10:23 AM.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  4. #2449
    Anglophile Dooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Big Plum
    Posts
    23,682
    Rep Power
    67

    Default

    Theres nothing more annoying than New York winning something.

  5. #2450
    Kung Fu Alter Ego num2son's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S.A. New Jersey
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,006
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Theres nothing more annoying than New York winning something.
    LOL.

    Sig by Born Invincible
    Winner of The Sports Zone Award2006

  6. #2451
    I Already Won Dirty Knowledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Shaolin South
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,208
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Theres nothing more annoying than New York winning something.
    Nothing more annoying then some 34-year old faggot who still posts online.

  7. #2452
    Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,405
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
    paalease, all three of those QBs are nowhere now. warner got a starting job for a team thats been one of the bottom-feeders of the league for years and he had to fight off a rookie to get it. if brad johnson and difler were good enough to start in the NFL they would be, BUT THEY'RE NOT. these are superbowl winning QBs that cant get a starting job. hell, trent dilfer lost his job after winning it all. and as far as them being older, that isnt stopping brett favre.



    that game was 7 to 3 all the way to the 4th quarter. its not like he was moving up and down the field the whole game. the giants came out with a game plan to eat clock. they ran on first an second down and threw on third down. it was a good plan. they ate up half the first quarter with one drive.

    the D line of the giants deserves that MVP as much as eli did. brady was CONSTANTLY under pressure while eli had a good pocket for most of the game. brady couldnt get the ball to moss because he just flat out didnt have enough time. if brady had the time that eli did the whole game he carves your defense up. defense still wins championships and it won this game.

    philip rivers was able to complete many 3rd down conversions against the patriots as well. the difference is the chargers D line didnt get anywhere near as much pressure on brady as the giants thus brady was a lot more affective aginst their D.

    still you have to give eli props. he stepped up in the 4th and lead two excellent drives to win. i think that pass on the last drive that put them in the red zone could've and should've been either picked or deflected but the reciever made a great play.

    again, he's a superbowl champion. you cant take that away from him. but i dont wanna hear about him being a great quarterback or better than peyton until he can perform at a high level over the course of many years.he's taken a big step though.
    I totally respect your viewpoints but no one is saying he's better than Peyton. I'll tell you this though...Eli is off to a quicker start than his older brother.

    "One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

  8. #2453
    Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,405
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Theres nothing more annoying than New York winning something.
    I guess you're going to hang yourself when we win more.

    "One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

  9. #2454

    Default

    To Bad We Wouldnt Know How Annoying Cleveland Is When It Wins. Cleveland Always Loses.
    Wherever I go, my crew, is true to swarm
    Got stripes in New York like Yankee uniforms-Biggie

  10. #2455
    Anglophile Dooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Big Plum
    Posts
    23,682
    Rep Power
    67

    Default

    It doesnt bother me that much, its just annoying cuz you always think its some great achievement but you always have some enormous payroll and all the advantages. Thats whats annoying.
    If you knew anything about football in the Northeast you'd know that the Giants matched up perfectly against the Pats....I was saying this all along, I was calling it when Coughlin didnt rest his players the last game....
    AND I said it all depended on how Eli played....and I was right.

    So dont get ur panties in a knot.

    I'll take lebron over anything you got.

  11. #2456
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,438
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Yeah, but the QB that Warner was competing against was one of the top QB's to come out of college. Warner is still a real nice passer, and could start for just about any team in the league. The Cardinals are on their way up.

    Like I said, Brad Johnson would be starting for the Cowboys if Romo wasn't there. Romo helps the Cowboys get publicity though, cause he's like the Lindsay Lohan of the NFL. And with T.O. on the team also, he's like the Britney Spears of the NFL, so it's like an Entertainment Tonight show.

  12. #2457
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebulus View Post
    I totally respect your viewpoints but no one is saying he's better than Peyton. I'll tell you this though...Eli is off to a quicker start than his older brother.
    eli inherited a playoff ready team while peyton went into a rebuilding situation with the colts.

    Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Yeah, but the QB that Warner was competing against was one of the top QB's to come out of college. Warner is still a real nice passer, and could start for just about any team in the league. The Cardinals are on their way up.

    Like I said, Brad Johnson would be starting for the Cowboys if Romo wasn't there. Romo helps the Cowboys get publicity though, cause he's like the Lindsay Lohan of the NFL. And with T.O. on the team also, he's like the Britney Spears of the NFL, so it's like an Entertainment Tonight show.
    but kurt warner was in the superbowl twice. people were saying he was a shoe-in for the hall of fame at one point and he lost his job to a rookie in mark bulger who is decent but far from great. if brad johnson is good enough to start then he would be starting, especially right now when teams are hurting for quality QBs.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  13. #2458
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,438
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Well I would say that Mark Bulger is more than decent. lol He was injured this season with broken ribs, and his team sucks, but he's one of the top QB's in the game when he's healthy.

  14. #2459
    Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,405
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
    eli inherited a playoff ready team while peyton went into a rebuilding situation with the colts.
    True but bottom line is it's 1-1. Eli more than got of the shadow of Peyton.

    "One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

  15. #2460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hectis View Post
    yeah your right they suck I mean what did they do besides beat the team who was 18-0 and win the super bowl and did it by winning all there playoff games on the road vs 4 teams everyone said was better
    They got hot at the right time.They wont even make the playoffs next season.

Similar Threads

  1. Other than hip hop..
    By Scissor-Hands in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 09:40 AM
  2. Dpg
    By triggahappy187 in forum Hip-Hop Shop
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-01-2005, 09:09 AM
  3. new Prodigal Sunn i n t e r v i e w
    By mic-cord-strangler in forum Wu-Tang Chamber
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 12:57 AM
  4. hey Born an Shrap.....check it out!
    By Sicka than aidZ in forum Graphics Corner
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 03:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •