once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 510 of 836 FirstFirst ... 10410460500507508509510511512513520560610 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 12531

Thread: NFL Thread

vick wont get in trouble

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

He's lucky, he was just about let go before the start of the season for that club shooting.

Veteran Member

Vick says he's changed his life around...............we'll say. Actions speak louder than words. Andy finally admitted that the way he went about this QB was f'ed up............

--McKinley's death moves Woody Paige to share his depression story

If you watch ESPN's "Around The Horn" or keep up with America's most prominent sports columnists, you know of Woody Paige. He's written for the Denver Post for 29 years, but is probably better known now for the goofball character he sometimes plays on ESPN.

The tragic suicide of Broncos wide receiver Kenny McKinley(notes) hit close to home with Paige, because, as he wrote in his column Thursday, he's been suicidal himself. He went so far as to create a detailed plan of how he'd do it.

The last, desperate, despondent, despicable act was all planned out. The Broncos were playing on Sunday, Sept. 15, 2002, against the 49ers. I would fly into San Francisco the day before, drive up to Napa Valley, enjoy a bottle of expensive red wine and check into a nice inn. The next morning I would head over to the coast and swim out in the Pacific Ocean far enough that I couldn't make it back to the beach.

My death would be termed an "accidental drowning," and my family and few friends would be horrified, but spared the humiliation.

I figured out the details while laying on the sofa staring at the ceiling for hours, as I did daily, and swallowing the pills a prominent Denver psychiatrist had prescribed over a period of months — Prozac, Ritalin, Xanax, Valium, Ambien and Zoloft — and swilling Jack Daniel's.

I had everything to live for, but wanted nothing more than to die.

I was suffering from deep depression.

Fortunately, a friend intervened and helped Paige get medical attention. That was eight years ago.

If he can share this column and still appear on television every day, I'd guess he's doing all right now. But I think that's part of the point he's trying to make here -- it's not necessarily going to be obvious when someone, even someone you're very close to, is suffering from depression.

Depression doesn't discriminate. It can hit people who, on the surface, have everything going for them. Like, for example, young NFL players with their whole lives ahead of them. Depression isn't always logical or rational, but it's powerful, it's misunderstood and it's more widespread than most people imagine.

Paige passed on a link to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, and I'll do the same. Here's its website, and if you or someone you know is in need of immediate help, it urges you to call 1-800-273-TALK.

Veteran Member

Depression is terrible. Folks that u would think wouldn't have it, do. It's a horrible thing. May he rest in peace finally.

wuswordz95

fuck the stellers may they burn in hell!!!!!!!!!

Visions must be having a tough weekend. lol I was hoping that the Cowboys would go
    0-3.

Veteran Member

#dumbgirlquestion#

Do the players go the bathroom during the game? Never see them running to locker room. Do they hold it?

Women tend to go to the bathroom more than men.

Importer/Exporter/Prophet Artsdradamus's Avatar

if you're the 90 year old coach of penn st. you do....in your pants

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Of Poetry View Post
    #dumbgirlquestion#

Do the players go the bathroom during the game? Never see them running to locker room. Do they hold it?

half time if its a must.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    if you're the 90 year old coach of penn st. you do....in your pants

Oh good gracious.

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    half time if its a must.

I'd be afraid to get hit and pee on myself. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Of Poetry View Post
    #dumbgirlquestion#

they fake injuries to go to the locker room use it and make it look like a come back lol or some times all the players on the side line huddle around while one player pisses blocking it from everyones view

AP the best RB in the NFL

no...chris johnson is.
    Look eye, always look eye.