once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 598 of 836 FirstFirst ... 98498548588595596597598599600601608648698 ... LastLast
Results 8,956 to 8,970 of 12529

Thread: NFL Thread

are you happy with your teams draft?

Wu Vatican

art, as a proud american and fan of the pittsburg steelers what do you think about your boy rashard mendenhall's CEITEDMOFOs like comments?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6471433
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

lol i read that.

You have to expect there are some wu tang fans playing i the nfl.
    Look eye, always look eye.

I hope Ray Lewis breaks his shoulder again.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

why would you take anything these dumb jock niggers says seriously?

NFL stands for now fucking lockedout

--Bernard Hopkins: McNabb isn’t tough enough or black enough

Donovan McNabb probably didn't wake up thinking he'd get blindsided in the media Wednesday with possibly the most vicious comments he's ever heard.

And there probably also weren't a lot of people that anticipated Bernard Hopkins, just days before one of the biggest fights in his storied boxing career, ruthlessly laying into McNabb.

That's exactly what happened, though. Hopkins, a Philadelphia guy and avid Eagles fan, invited the press to a workout Tuesday. He was asked about Michael Vick(notes) playing for his hometown Eagles, and Hopkins went off on McNabb in a brutal, racial way. Here's a snippet from Marcus Hayes at Philly.com:

According to Hopkins, McNabb had a privileged childhood in suburban Chicago and, as a result, is not black enough or tough enough, at least compared with, say, himself, Michael Vick and Terrell Owens(notes).

"Forget this," Hopkins said, pointing to his own dark skin. "He's got a suntan. That's all."

Hopkins also implied that, while Vick and Owens remained true to their roots, McNabb did not, and that McNabb was rudely awakened when the Eagles traded him to the Redskins last year.

"Why do you think McNabb felt he was betrayed? Because McNabb is the guy in the house, while everybody else is on the field. He's the one who got the extra coat. The extra servings. 'You're our boy,' " Hopkins said, patting a reporter on the back in illustration. "He thought he was one of them."

For more context on the "house vs. field" thing Hopkins is talking about, you can peruse this Wikipedia entry (strong language present there) or read the original quote from Malcolm X.

It's not the first time Bernard Hopkins has ripped into McNabb, either. He did it back in 2007 when he said McNabb didn't have Jeff Garcia's heart, and again in 2008, when he said McNabb wouldn't sacrifice to win and had no killer instinct. Last year, he said he was going to have a party celebrating McNabb leaving Philadelphia.

Some people believe this all stems from an incident where Hopkins showed up to an Eagles team function and McNabb snubbed him.

Nothing that's happened between the two in the past comes close to Hopkins' most recent comments, though. Those cross entirely different lines.

Through his publicist, McNabb already said about the only thing he could say -- that he won't have any response to Hopkins' comments.

those are highly ignorant comments.

he's saying that you are not black if you come from successful parents?

so Hopkins kids arent gonna be "black " enough?

Bernard Hopkins has a fight coming up?

David Tyree announced he's homosexual? He's the guy who made that catch in the super bowl against the Patriots and then retired not long after?

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    David Tyree announced he's homosexual? He's the guy who made that catch in the super bowl against the Patriots and then retired not long after?
    What the fuck are you talking about? He's done no such thing. He's actually in the news right now for speaking out against gay marriage strongly.

sarcasm. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he is..

-- Raheem Brock skips out on $27 bar tab, arrested

I believe we have a new winner of the category of "Most Bizarre Arrest of the Offseason." Free-agent defensive end Raheem Brock was arrested on Thursday night for skipping out on a $27 bar tab at the Copacabana in Philadelphia.

It's weirder than just that, though, and the main culprit in the story appears to be Brock's ladyfriend, who might not be the most fun date in the world.

I'm going to have to quote extensively from NFL.com to relay the story accurately. Here we go.

A female server at the Copacabana told NFL.com that it was the behavior of a woman accompanying Brock that led the defensive end to leave without paying his bill.

"It wasn't even (Brock) that was the issue," the server said. "It was the fat female he was with, getting angry and wanting to leave.

"The female was mad (because) she wanted something that wasn't on the menu. So she went across the street and got something from another restaurant."

When a manager told her she couldn't bring food from another restaurant inside the Copacabana, the woman became further enraged and Brock and his friends were ultimately asked to leave.

"She got a little colorful and a little angry with me," the server said. "I told my manager that she refuses to wrap it up and refuses to (stop) eating."

Charming! She sounds like a keeper.

As for the bill, Brock and Miss Congeniality eventually agreed to leave the restaurant, but they did so before paying a $27 bar tab. That's when the restaurant called the police. Brock was arrested outside for theft of services and resisting arrest.

NFL.com makes no mention of the woman being arrested or charged with anything, and isn't that just the way things always seem to go?

Brock spent last year with the Seahawks after spending the previous eight with the Colts. He'll be a free agent when we have football again, and it sounds like he might want to consider embracing free agency on the dating scene, too.